Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal music: a campaign to make sure we never have it at the Amex

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i wouldnt mind a bit of clare da lune played just as Murray starts his jump for a cross and effortlessly hangs in the air for what seems an age , but no stick that wanky goal music bollox right up the kyber thankin you .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is when did playing goal music become "fasionable" and I use that term very loosely.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wouldn't mind goal music to be honest. Would get the crowd pumped up a bit more.

You know you refused to answer your age on the Falmer thread you did when someone suggested you were in your teens...? You do come accross as one of the Gav / MarcGorry gang invading NSC at the mo! Maybe you are GAV?!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I quite like the idea of the US Cavalry charge as and when we launch a counter attack from a corner we have been defending...

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
What I really d not like is laying GOSBTS as they come out after HT.

It should only be played before the start of the game.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
200+ pages, ladies & gents :clap:

Now, where do we send this to make sure it gets heard?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I quite like the idea of the US Cavalry charge as and when we launch a counter attack from a corner we have been defending...

What's that then? ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I like goal scored music!

de de de de deeeeeer deh deh deh deeeeee de de deeeeeer OI OI OI

as in the darts!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Please let's ensure that we never, ever, have post goal music at our games.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Oh yes yes yes you're spot on. Arsenal do this - it's awful. We should still be going mental celebrating a goal without having to be made to make a unanimous noise! I'm sure Palarse do/did this too...

Thats because Arsenal fans are the quietest in the world - encouraging the move from Highbury to a dome with the best accoustics in all english league football.

Now all they need is a football team with some english players and for those fans who vassilate between considering their team to be best club side in the world to not fit to challenge for anything, to actually back their team.

Personally having worked in Archway for 10 years am enjoying their enforced depressing humility!!!!!!

Dandyman

In London village.
Thats because Arsenal fans are the quietest in the world - encouraging the move from Highbury to a dome with the best accoustics in all english league football.

Now all they need is a football team with some english players and for those fans who vassilate between considering their team to be best club side in the world to not fit to challenge for anything, to actually back their team.

Personally having worked in Archway for 10 years am enjoying their enforced depressing humility!!!!!!

And can someone remind me which Albion employee was Police Commander at the Highbury Library for about a decade?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't want it - sign me up. Pity this wasn't set up as a voting thread - or can that be done retrospectively?

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
signed

goal music is f***ing abysmal and everyone knows it

another one i hate, which i've noticed is creeping in in more and more grounds is:

"And the goalscorer for the albion, number 17, GLENNNNN........."

*crowd* "MURRAYY"

f***ing awful

Bayern Munich pull it off well though, they seem to get a huge crowd interaction going with their goals, can imagine it makes the atmosphere quite intimidating.

Completely fails at the Emirates though lol.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
We've been using Pigbag since the late 90s. ... even sing it away from home. Was it needed? No. Does it curtail our celebrations? No. Does it bother me? No. Is it needed when the teams come out? No but it still happens. You still play GOSBTS when the teams come out? Is it needed?

It's a difficult one for you because there are thousands that go to Chelsea, Arsenal & so on rather than Falmer and are probably accustomed to this sort of thing. They will try Falmer but if they feel it's missing the 'atmosphere' they're used to, they may not return. You may say 'So what?' but you need people turning up in numbers?

If you don't want it, you've got to start singing yourselves ... sitting down of course!

What a load of bollocks. Music after goals is one of the worst things in football today. My QPR-supporting friends are all season ticket holders at the Loft and they all think the post-goal music is terrible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Music after goals is a bit shit, so I'll sign it. However, I can't say I'm that bothered. If it goes ahead, I won't be howling in protest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here