Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal music: a campaign to make sure we never have it at the Amex

Sep 20, 2005
Hate hate hate goal music. The day they introduce this at the Albion is the day I stop going.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
In full agreement - there are a generation of supporters growing up who think that's how a goal is celebrated. This is another drain on the real atmosphere and passion in the game. The only time you get a genuine, unbridled celebration of goals at a lot of these stadia these days is when the away team scores - surely that's the exact opposite of what the know-nothing dimwits who introduce this horrible practice intend?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sign me up, I'd rather not have it.

Although to be honest, in the list of things that irritate me about the modern-day football experience, this would be far from top.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Signed signed signed, this must be bought to the clubs attention.

Oh, and

Not been to Selhurst for our last but one game there then?

The funny thing about Palace is that their announcer can't see the pitch from where he was sat: during that unmentionable result at Palace, Andy Johnson had an early goal disallowed but the PA guy didn't realise and launched into his ridiculous "Andyyyyy....JOHNSON! ANDYYYY ......?"

Must have been a big surprise for him when nobody answered :lolol:

That was about the only highlight of that day though.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Signed.
It is on record that I've said "If they play music when a goal is scored at Falmer, I'll kill myself".
This is for non-clubs with idiot fans only.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
We've been using Pigbag since the late 90s. ... even sing it away from home. Was it needed? No. Does it curtail our celebrations? No. Does it bother me? No. Is it needed when the teams come out? No but it still happens. You still play GOSBTS when the teams come out? Is it needed?

It's a difficult one for you because there are thousands that go to Chelsea, Arsenal & so on rather than Falmer and are probably accustomed to this sort of thing. They will try Falmer but if they feel it's missing the 'atmosphere' they're used to, they may not return. You may say 'So what?' but you need people turning up in numbers?

If you don't want it, you've got to start singing yourselves ... sitting down of course!

But they don't have goal music at Chelsea or Arsenal.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I cant say that i'm exactly in favour of goal music but then again the only time i've ever heard it is when the opposition have scored so I was allready pissed off with out them rubbing it in by playing music. I guess the only way I could have a proper balanced view is to hear goal music while i'm celebrating a goal just to see it from both sides.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Signed! I for one cannot stand Goal Music, maybe make an official petition online Edna and signatures at games aswell....you know....go the whole HOG if you will!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Signed! I for one cannot stand Goal Music, maybe make an official petition online Edna and signatures at games aswell....you know....go the whole HOG if you will!

If I actually knew how to do an online petition, I would :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here