Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal music: a campaign to make sure we never have it at the Amex

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't Martin Perry go on record (possibly the phone in yrs ago) as saying this will never happen? Still worth showing this to someone at the club re the goalscorer announcing though... Who is gonna be the announcer Atilia - Isn't it Paul Samarah?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
there is absolutely no way I will EVER play music after goals - and will tell 'em straight that whoever is doing the music at Falmer IT MUST NOT HAPPEN!

Please do :thumbsup:

This is what we need, influence in the right places :)

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Didn't Martin Perry go on record (possibly the phone in yrs ago) as saying this will never happen? Still worth showing this to someone at the club re the goalscorer announcing though... Who is gonna be the announcer Atilia - Isn't it Paul Samarah?

We haven't been asked (told?) yet. though I am sure Paul will be involved. From what I have gleaned so far there isn't going to be a PA box: there will be a control area where the music is played from and the announcements will be done pitch side. Half time scores etc will be on the big screens, I'm sure of that. It's going to be very high tech and modern, which is absolutely how it should be, but I agree 100% that we have to make sure it isn't NAFF.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I must be in the minority then, because I'd love music too be played after we score.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
We haven't been asked (told?) yet. though I am sure Paul will be involved. From what I have gleaned so far there isn't going to be a PA box: there will be a control area where the music is played from and the announcements will be done pitch side. Half time scores etc will be on the big screens, I'm sure of that. It's going to be very high tech and modern, which is absolutely how it should be, but I agree 100% that we have to make sure it isn't NAFF.

Martin Perry has gone on record saying the club won't be having goal music.This was said some time ago and i cannot see him changing his mind.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
while i quite appreciate it in the nhl, due to it being an arena with good acoustics (and the amount of noise the crowd make, its goes well together) with players having their own jingles, i would HATE it at the AMEX and it sounds NAFF at a stadium on some tinpot pa system. keep it away from football, and keep it to american sports (where i actually quite like it, no idea why)

Call me what you like chap.Just because my opinions differ from you it doesn't make me a troll.At least i don't flounce when things don't go my way.:thumbsup:
Hmm - seems to confirm my suspicions that it was you posting the oh so funny homophobic comments when Tony Bloom was playing the Poker Million. Of course the illiterate nature of the posts should have been the give away.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
We've been using Pigbag since the late 90s. ... even sing it away from home. Was it needed? No. Does it curtail our celebrations? No. Does it bother me? No. Is it needed when the teams come out? No but it still happens. You still play GOSBTS when the teams come out? Is it needed?

It's a difficult one for you because there are thousands that go to Chelsea, Arsenal & so on rather than Falmer and are probably accustomed to this sort of thing. They will try Falmer but if they feel it's missing the 'atmosphere' they're used to, they may not return. You may say 'So what?' but you need people turning up in numbers?

If you don't want it, you've got to start singing yourselves ... sitting down of course!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
It's a difficult one for you because there are thousands that go to Chelsea, Arsenal & so on rather than Falmer and are probably accustomed to this sort of thing. They will try Falmer but if they feel it's missing the 'atmosphere' they're used to, they may not return. You may say 'So what?' but you need people turning up in numbers?

As Gus said when asked at the recent Fan's Forum about how we stop the new young fans getting drawn to the 'big' clubs. His answer?

"Win."

He knows you don't need music.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Music after a goal is for shit clubs like MK Dons who can't create their own atmosphere. SIGNED.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003

Ooh the irony. :lolol:

What are you talking about?
Quite simple. On this thread

gl tony bloom..... - Page 3 - North Stand Chat

Someone linked to a site showing live updates. On that site, messages purporting to come from Frutos were posted containing mild homophobia. I referenced this on NSC and lo and behold came a follow up message on said poker site going on about TGC flouncing. An event, BTW, that happened several years before this account of yours was created obviously showing it is a second account. A quick check at the time of who was viewing the thread showed a handful of people including you. Later in that thread, you ask why Frutos is posting such rubbish. Which made you prime suspect.

And now, all it took was a little poke to make you default to the flounce comment. Again, an event years before this account of yours was created. I could bore you with a more indepth stylometic analysis of your posting style but I don't think it is necessary. Especially considering your signature and your reference to Bushy. Oh, and the fact that virtually every post you have ever made is taking the opposite stance just to try and create a "binfest".

So I repeat - a very BAD troll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here