Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal music: a campaign to make sure we never have it at the Amex

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally I'd also ban that hideous version of SBTS that get played after every Withdean victory, but I believe there are one or two people who- shockingly- claim to like it, so I'll just settle for campaigning against goal music for now :lolol:

It is self-promotion by the resident DJ, that's all

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I completely agree, although you are wrong to say that most clubs play it Edna. Thankfully they are still very much in the minority.

Dandyman

In London village.
Spot on. An unwelcome and un-needed Americanism we can well do without.

Oct 25, 2003
signed

goal music is f***ing abysmal and everyone knows it

another one i hate, which i've noticed is creeping in in more and more grounds is:

"And the goalscorer for the albion, number 17, GLENNNNN........."

*crowd* "MURRAYY"

f***ing awful

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Signed. Some sports it works, in america, NHL, because its not obnoxiously loud, its played as more of a beat, bass turned up but not too loud so its just rthymatic.

BUT NOT AT FALMER!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
signed

another one i hate, which i've noticed is creeping in in more and more grounds is:

*crowd* "MURRAYY"

f***ing awful
Also true. I don't think I've heard it anywhere except Arsenal though.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
signed

*crowd* "MURRAYY"

f***ing awful

NO, NO. NO. NO. NO

I will personally shoot anyone who introduces this, or 'goal' music.
We are better than this.

TBH, I'm pissed off that 'Brighton' music, has been stolen from us. 'Tom Hark'...The Pirhanas. 'Right Here, Right Now'........Norm. All been nicked from us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
signed

*crowd* "MURRAYY"

f***ing awful

Oh yes yes yes you're spot on. Arsenal do this - it's awful. We should still be going mental celebrating a goal without having to be made to make a unanimous noise! I'm sure Palarse do/did this too...

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Signed!

I'm not sure about the GOSBTS version at the end of the match (its from the "we want Falmer" CD single isn't it?) I'd prefer the Horsham Brass band version.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
What about the family section and the kids? These kids are the future of BHA so i'm happy with goal music.I'm sure the disabled section will enjoy goal music aswell.
Football is changing so move with the times.
Do you honestly expect loud celebrations at Falmer? No that died along with terracing so lets not live in the past.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Thank you for raising this. It has been a great worry of mine. If I hear 'I Feel Good' by James Brown when we score a goal, I will rip up my season ticket which I haven't even bought yet.

This also goes for 'Chelsea Dagger' and 'Tom Hark'.

[I quite like the crescendo organ music they play at American Ice Hockey matches though - perhaps when an opposing keeper is about to take a goal kick? It'll make a change from 'you're shit - - - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah . . . . .]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here