beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
agree, utterly unnecessary.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Couldn't agree more with you edna. Any of that cringe-inducing Yank-type-bollox at Falmer - then I ain't going.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What about the family section and the kids? These kids are the future of BHA so i'm happy with goal music.I'm sure the disabled section will enjoy goal music aswell.
Football is changing so move with the times.
Do you honestly expect loud celebrations at Falmer? No that died along with terracing so lets not live in the past.
Do the disabled like goal music then?

Do kids?? :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did you hear the cheers when Kaz scored his screamer yesterday? You don't need music. End of.

Don't rise to the bait - We cannot have this thread petition ruined by one wind up merchant - esp if someone from the club reads it :thumbsup:

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Afraid you are 5 years too late. Back then, trolls could get away with just posting contrary responses on each and every reply they made. Now, without a "gimmick" it just looks a bit sad.
I think you will find most clubs have goal music nowdays.It's only a matter of time before EVERY club adopts it whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thank you for raising this. It has been a great worry of mine. If I hear 'I Feel Good' by James Brown when we score a goal, I will rip up my season ticket which I haven't even bought yet.

This also goes for 'Chelsea Dagger' and 'Tom Hark'.

[I quite like the crescendo organ music they play at American Ice Hockey matches though - perhaps when an opposing keeper is about to take a goal kick? It'll make a change from 'you're shit - - - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah . . . . .]

Now that would be funny :lolol:

Nappy Thrower: looks like it's just you then. Do you honestly think the kids who currently go to Withdean are sat there thinking "hmmm, it's good, but what would REALLY enhance it is a blast of Chelsea Dagger"?

No, they are not. They know no better, therefore I think it's reasonable for the rest of us to have our say. It's not living in the past: its not like I'm suggesting we start throwing bananas at black players and pissing down each others' legs on the terraces.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm sure the disabled section will enjoy goal music aswell.

Im not sure if you were being serious, but if that was an honest statement then it has to be one of the most bizarre comments to appear on NSC.

Tell me. Why do you think the disabled will enjoy after-goal music and do they all have the same taste?

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
I'm sure that we can trace the beginnings of this sort of thing to when Sky started to buy their way into our beautiful game. Gradually some of the elements from other sports, particularly American ones, have crept into some grounds - loud music at goals, cheerleaders in various forms, tannoy-led celebrations. It has not been helped by the fact that our all seater stadiums tend to make fans more passive and customer-like. I for one hate it all with a vengence and am more than happy to add my signature to this campaign.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Signed 100%. Glad to see everybody's vehemently opposed. (Nappy Thrower's post doesn't count as it's just someone's wind-up spoof account).

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
That was purely because it was Lua Lua.Most of the time the celebrations are shit and queit and you know it.

'Shit' and 'quiet'? Until recently, the rare occasions we did score a goal produced a short period of mayhem. Now we're scoring more freely, it's marvellous. Short, but in my experience very noisy. And I sit in the bloody Family Stand!

Playing 'Right Here, Right Now' does not create an atmosphere. It's one of the reasons why I don't enjoy going to 20/20 cricket.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:thumbsup:

Reasoned debate welcomed, blatant trolling not so.

Stop the Noddy-fication of our game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here