Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray - TRANSFER LISTED (NOT)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The cognoscenti know EXACTLY what kind of player Murray is. Same as they knew exactly what kind of player JS Gatting and 'Doug' Loft were/are.

Oh, and here's the Argus write-up of the penalty in question:

Owusu desperate for another goal
10:00am Tuesday 17th March 2009

Comments () Have your say »

Striker Lloyd Owusu admits he is desperate to score his second goal for Albion.

Now he has revealed how the Withdean multi-ball system might have denied him against his old club.

Owusu was clearly disappointed not to take the penalty awarded against Yeovil shortly after usual spot-kick expert Nicky Forster had gone off.

The former Cheltenham striker went after the ball which was booted into the stand by Joshua Wagenaar, who earned his first yellow card as a result.

Meanwhile Murray stepped up to mark his return from injury with a goal.

Owusu said: “It was a bit of a schoolboy error by myself.

“Normally you play with the ball that has just gone out.

“Glenn Murray was a bit quicker and a bit wiser than me. He got the other ball and put it on the spot.

“I was a bit disappointed because I thought I worked hard in the game but fair play to him, he’s come on and took it and got a result.”

Owusu won't have forgotten that.

And as a wise man once said, the cognoscenti are NEVER wrong :angel:

How on earth has that proved anything? Murray takes penalties when Forster isn't on the pitch. Nothing in that story changes that fact. You're an idiot.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
the way Slade plumped for Hart, Owusu and Andrews toward the end of the season and cast out Craig Davies makes me think he prefers the grafters, of which Murray most certainly is not one.

How come if THPP says the exact same thing he gets a torrent of abuse from the none-too-bright? :lol:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
the guy that text me has been right on stuff before but doesn't post on here

I don't deal in many wind ups, so thought I'd post it. Not heard back from him since he text me

I love Murray and would hate it if he left. Maybe could have worded the thread better but nsc was wobbling badly when I posted it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The dialect may be quaint but the smugness is overpowering. The bloke has undoubtedly sees himself as a Meades Ball. He's more like Alan Ball

For me it's Comic Book Guy, mixed with Saxondale/Partridge, mixed with the old roadie in the pub everyone ignores.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I mainly feel sorry for the linesman who visit Withdean next year, they will have hardly anything to flag at without Murray

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
"Murray nicking Owusu's penalty by doing that smart c unt thing with the multi-ball system a couple of games back, reckon Lloyd would ending up throttling him before the Autumn was out if they were forced to play together next season"

eh?

Yeovil?

Wasn't Owusu on a hattrick?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How come if THPP says the exact same thing he gets a torrent of abuse from the none-too-bright? :lol:

Because you put it much, MUCH more personally.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I mainly feel sorry for the linesman who visit Withdean next year, they will have hardly anything to flag at without Murray

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz. We dispelled this myth (yet another!) about Murray earlier this season.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
So next season we will have three strikers over 30, two of which spent most of this season injured - looks like we'll be relying on Craig Davies to score all our goals then!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeovil?

Wasn't Owusu on a hattrick?

Forster would have been, Owusu hadn't scored. :thumbsup:

Murray is a quality player, how anyone can say he's not is beyond me and all this arrogant nonsense of certain people thinking they're higher powers of some sort, it's rubbish. Murray is a player who can get us out of this league with goals, his absence goes a long way to explaining our crap season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Murray is a quality player, how anyone can say he's not is beyond me and all this arrogant nonsense of certain people thinking they're higher powers of some sort, it's rubbish. Murray is a player who can get us out of this league with goals, his absence goes a long way to explaining our crap season.

...................is correct :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Yeah the linesmen we get are pretty shit...Murray plays off the shoulder of defenders, he's inevitably gonna get caught sometimes and the lino often gets it wrong. As Alan Biley used to say about being offside alot " If you don't buy a ticket you won't win a prize" (pre lottery days!) :shrug:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
IF the club/Russ wanted to sell him putting him on the transfer list would devalue him. I am sure some clubs would be interested in signing him but Albion SHOULD be more clever IF they wanna sell.

Exactly.
The club would also have to pay off the remainder of his contract if he was put on the transfer list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here