Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray - TRANSFER LISTED (NOT)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not but he is quite injury prone, maybe slade wants to get someone else in who will play more?

one major injury which recurred because he was brought back too soon.

not sure if that qualifies as injury prone

anyway I reckon edna k got it about right and this thread is essentially a load of old tosh :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can I just plead that if, by some strange coincidence, this does actually turn out to be true, we recycle this thread, rather than having the same endless Murray debate that we always do?

Cheers.

Still think it's Chinese whispers though, as per my previous.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
1330 hrs approx
Somebody- Keeping The Dream Alive- posts on the Owusu/Hart/Whing thread a spoof Argus article including a throwaway line about Murray being transfer listed. It's still there if you want to check.

1400 hrs approx
Mendoza's mate reads this or hears it via a friend who knows somebody who's read it and has failed to notice that it's not a real article

1430 hours approx
Texts friends including Mendoza to breathlessly announce that Murray has been released

1539 hours approx
Mendoza receives text, posts on here

1540 hours
NSC implodes with indignation and/or venom

:clap2: :clap2: This rumour isn't true people... Here's the 'article':

Russell Slade has today made shock announcements on who he will be retaining and who will be releasing as he ruthlessly looks to build a side that will challenge for the top 6 in League One next season.

The name at the top of his let-go list, which will jolt just about every Albion supporter, is 15-goal man Glenn Murray, who Slade has mercilessly decided is not part of his plans for a play-off push next season and will be placed onto the transfer list. Offers will only be considered, however, if they meet Slade's valuation of Murray at 400k.

The Brighton boss has not yet cited his reasons for listing the talismanic forward, though an announcement is expected later this afternoon with the confirmation of further surprises in Doug Loft, John Sullivan, and Tommy Fraser not being asked to return for the Seagulls next year.
More to follow

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
:clap2: :clap2: This rumour isn't true people... Here's the 'article':

Russell Slade has today made shock announcements on who he will be retaining and who will be releasing as he ruthlessly looks to build a side that will challenge for the top 6 in League One next season.

The name at the top of his let-go list, which will jolt just about every Albion supporter, is 15-goal man Glenn Murray, who Slade has mercilessly decided is not part of his plans for a play-off push next season and will be placed onto the transfer list. Offers will only be considered, however, if they meet Slade's valuation of Murray at 400k.

The Brighton boss has not yet cited his reasons for listing the talismanic forward, though an announcement is expected later this afternoon with the confirmation of further surprises in Doug Loft, John Sullivan, and Tommy Fraser not being asked to return for the Seagulls next year.
More to follow

you can tell it's bogus.....Naylor can't spell "talismanic"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its all rumours until its OFFICIAL
We will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest to find out the players currently under contract being placed on the transfer list by RS.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Glenn Murray, when fit, has me salivating for 90 minutes.

Absolute class. Enjoys it here. Going nowhere.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Best not be true and can't see it being true. You don't get rid of your best players when you are building a team for promotion. Also don't get why some people would be happy to see him leave

He wanted away at Christmas - and after a campaign with a relegation scraper, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to get on. He may have signed for us in the first place thinking we'd be a Championship club by now - and of course that hasn't happened.

Not everyone bleeds club colours - some think it's every man for himself in the professional game.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He wanted away at Christmas - and after a campaign with a relegation scraper, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to get on. He may have signed for us in the first place thinking we'd be a Championship club by now - and of course that hasn't happened.

Not everyone bleeds club colours - some think it's every man for himself in the professional game.

where did that come from? I remember him saying he didn't expect to be in a relegation scrap but was under contract and was looking forward to getting fit.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Won't believe it until it's official.

And I don't mean "Paxo Datwat official".

The Obsession continues:drink:

NSC'ers - Just here for my entertainment:thumbsup:

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Obscession continues:drink:

NSC'ers - Just here for my entertainment:thumbsup:

PD I think you probably mean obsession , rather than obscession which Peter Andre uses to describe poking his (ex) missus which is a combination of the words obscene and session. :thumbsup:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For those against...

You, you point your finger,
Stare, you feel no shame,
Raise your hand in anger,
Swear that I’m insane...

You, you smell my freedom,
Makes you squirm because I smile,
How you hate my long hair,
Call my music vile...

You call me a junkie,
Call me filth and scum,
Keep me from your daughter,
But my time will surely come...

You, you joined the army,
Fought a bloody war,
Came home with a trophy,
Turned into a bore...

You, you think you’re civilised,
With your connections you can’t fail,
But you treat your wife and family,
Like you bought them in a sale...

You, you’re blind to beauty,
Only power can quench your thirst,
You scream to bring back birching,
Keep a list who should be first...

You, you slowly fester,
Gripped by your disease,
Despise your next door neighbour,
Strange he feels like me...

Me I’ve felt your anger,
Me I’ve felt your scorn,
Me I don’t know nothing,
Me I’ve just been born...

Me I m slowly learning,
To bide my time and wait,
Me I’ve grown accustomed,
To the burden of your hate...

But remember when you point and stare,
And wave your arms up in the air,
When you bastards die,
I’ll still be here then I’ll take over...

Kosh (Megadrive is king.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here