Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray hands in transfer request...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Just heard officially from the Club site.

It says that Slade does not want him to go, he has 2 years to run on his contract and will be an important part of the team this coming season. Big Russ regards him as the best striker outside of the top 2 tiers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Slade may want him to stay but if Murray knows this and has still put in a transfer request I'd suggest Slade is pissing into the wind.

I fecking love Murray but I don't want a want away player in our squad personally and reckon we should grant his request and put him up for sale and see what happens.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Reading the official statement. Slade is basically saying tough shit you signed the contract, the club has put a lot of money in to you and you are staying put. Its good to see a manager with a back bone. As a far as I'm concerned its not about loyalty its about contractual agreements.

And whilst he's spelling this out to him perhaps he could inform him about the offside rule and not being such a lazy git in retreating back from an offside position.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not fussed myself.As long as we get our money back then he can go.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He's better than Knight and Forster, he has CLASS.

not much good having class if you are lying on the doctors table all day.
did'nt see it coming ......but if he wants off then no good keeping him is there 600k and a player exchange...............maybe Cardiff been there and I know where I'd rather live and Rochdale is even worse but if his family are there then ta-ta mate thanks for the goals

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I hope if we don't let him go he doesn't just sulk about. I guess it's a case of we won't sell unless a good offer comes in and for that to happen he will need to be in form.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And whilst he's spelling this out to him perhaps he could inform him about the offside rule and not being such a lazy git in retreating back from an offside position.

Zzzzzzz. Forster offside more times per game than Murray last season. Can we PLEASE finally put this complete myth to bed?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Saddened, but not particularly surprised. As mentioned by others before, I also don't think Glenn has ever looked completely chuffed to be an Albion player. Having said this, he has scored some great goals for us and I thank him for his efforts. He's a superb talent, who I think will one day end up in the PL, just hope injuries don't mess it up for him. Good luck, Glenn.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The original quote in English was "If you understand this, you can read Japanese. Then I ran it through BabelFish (possibly not the best idea). Although putting it in the location area was probably a mistake.

That's what I thought it said, I was just a bit confused by the Japanese person bit. You can never trust babelfish!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Saddened, but not particularly surprised. As mentioned by others before, I also don't think Glenn has ever looked completely chuffed to be an Albion player. Having said this, he has scored some great goals for us and I thank him for his efforts. He's a superb talent, who I think will one day end up in the PL, just hope injuries don't mess it up for him. Good luck, Glenn.

Isn't he in his mid twenties? Without wishing to be negative if he's not played above league one by the time he's 25, he's probably not going to get a shot at the premier league. Unless he stays with a club that works its way up the leagues...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I'm very disappointed to hear this news. Murray is absolute quality and I was really looking forward to seeing him in the team every week next season. I can understand his reasons for not wanting to be apart from his partner and baby son. I just hope this is the real reason. If we really can't persuade him to stay, there should be a hefty sell-on clause in his contract because if he stays fit, he will go onto bigger and better things without a doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here