Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray hands in transfer request...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But the argus say that he put a transfer request in the summer - Dean was sacked on 8.5.08 so that couldn't have been Deans fault he wasn't there - still he has been blamed for things that weren't true when he was there !!

He put in two requests, one before Wilkins was sacked and one in the summer afterwards.

He is by all accounts a bit of a diva.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I can understand where you are coming from but ina position with a career like he has she knew from the outset that to make any improvement he had either to move to another club or hope that Rochdale would make the premiership. Unless of course she hoped that he would go to Burnley or Bolton or Blackburn so that she could be at her mothers beck and call.

My wife and I moved from Sussex to run a pub in East London, with a young son, so that we could be independant and be a family but still near enough to reach the rest of the family if needed. This was in 1965 when it took 2 hours to drive to Worthing now his gf could fly to Manchester in that time, so she is just as near to her family.

My wife has followed me and my career from day 1 we have been married 44 years so it can be done but unfortunately the youngsters(?) of today cannot work at a marriage or relationship as soon as something goes wrong or slightly amis it is a case of I am leaving.

It seems Mrs Murray has tried and it still hasnt worked out. We are a year down the line after he put in a transfer request last summer, he stayed, they still couldnt work things out.

We got half a season out of him, and he scored 12 goals. He tried to make it work down here and she still couldnt settle, so he has put in a second transfer request.

Football is his liveliehood, but its still not as important as family. I guess if he can get a decent club at this level or above nearer to home, then everyone in that family is a winner. We dont lose out loads, as every player is replaceable, he is a true talent, I lvoe him as a player, and would be gutted to see him go, but if he is not entirely happy, why keep him?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can understand where you are coming from but ina position with a career like he has she knew from the outset that to make any improvement he had either to move to another club or hope that Rochdale would make the premiership. Unless of course she hoped that he would go to Burnley or Bolton or Blackburn so that she could be at her mothers beck and call.

Perhaps she had the same sort of romantic idea of club loyalty that a lot of fans have, and hoped he would stay with his club for a long time. Perhaps they're childhood sweethearts and fell in love long before he ever kicked a ball.

Aren't a lot of the championship teams mor enorthern? Teams like newcastle, sheffield, etc perhaps he has a better shot of furthering his career up north and it'll work out for both of them.

My wife has followed me and my career from day 1 we have been married 44 years so it can be done but unfortunately the youngsters(?) of today cannot work at a marriage or relationship as soon as something goes wrong or slightly amis it is a case of I am leaving.

Agree with that. I think in part the acceptability and accessibility of divorce has led to a lot of people getting into relationships and not bothering to work at them, or getting into doomed relationships because "if it doesn't work we can always get divorced". The flipside is that divorce has to be accessible and acceptible or else people will stay in abusive relationships to avoid shame. But I'm going off topic.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
It seems Mrs Murray has tried and it still hasnt worked out. We are a year down the line after he put in a transfer request last summer, he stayed, they still couldnt work things out.

We got half a season out of him, and he scored 12 goals. He tried to make it work down here and she still couldnt settle, so he has put in a second transfer request.

Football is his liveliehood, but its still not as important as family. I guess if he can get a decent club at this level or above nearer to home, then everyone in that family is a winner. We dont lose out loads, as every player is replaceable, he is a true talent, I lvoe him as a player, and would be gutted to see him go, but if he is not entirely happy, why keep him?

You sum it up well there Mendoza. If he is not happy he will not perform to his true potential.

Regrettably, this will probably end up being someone elses gain :(

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good riddance to the workshy ponce. He was never any kind of team player, only ever showed any kind of interest in maintaining his 1-in-2 goal ratio. Beyond that, he patently didn't care if we won or lost. Total c_unt. His couldnt-give-a-f*** attitude has to have rubbed off and been a contributing factor towards our under-achieving squad for the first half of last season. Surprise surpise he had nothing whatsoever to do with getting us out of the mess, when we reverted to players who actually seemed to give a f*** and showed a bit of proper Albion fighting spirit.

Said it before, say it again, the cognoscenti are NEVER wrong :angel:

There are SO many inaccuracies/blatant lies in that post I'm beginning to think you must be a wind up merchant.

No one could be THAT thick THAT often.

Without his 12 goals we would've gone down you complete tool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here