Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray hands in transfer request...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Some of the abuse is amazing, you don't know the facts behind this. If it is because he misses is unhappy then amazingly some things are more important than football and putting her and his kid as the most important thing should not be knocked. Its not like he is on premiership wages and can afford to move his and her family down here.
On the other hand if he joins a team down south then by all means if you must knock him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As others have said, life goes on. We've signed talented forwards before, and we will do again. Would you rather turn down that kind of money and keep an unhappy player at the club ? Because in the long run, that would probably end up being more damaging.

Of course we don't want to lose our best players, but he's not the first and he won't be the last. I still don't think we'll be able to command half a million for Murray, but IF someone came up with that kind of dough, then its a nice wedge to go back into the transfer market with and perhaps sign a decent striker with a proven record at this level.

Spose. I'm just emotionally attached, you see. If he really is unhappy then sure, he has to go.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This situation could get very messy.

In the last year the economy has dipped and in that year Murray has been injured for most of it. £300k by our standards was HUGE, so the board clearly thought he was THE MAN. Given that there's still the same faces on the board there's no reason to think they'll wish to offload him, particularly as he signed the 3-year deal they put in front of him.

Yet how many clubs would wish to pay more than that for a bloke who's been banged up for half a season?

I think we'll be lucky to get £300K for him. The likes of Leeds can't f*** about replacing Beckford with Murray, they need a player who is fit and banging in the goals.

I could see an unhappy player, a pissed-off board and very few takers.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I can see why they would want their family around with a young baby. I'm annoyed at the timing - surely if we had known a few weeks ago we would have offered Owusu a 2 year deal?!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
what a bint, his gf is too f***ing lazy to get a job so she cant make any friends or prob cos no one here understands her f***ing northern accent. hope he finds some super model to cheat on her with.

£500k pls!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If he wnats to go let him go... better than keeping a player who doesn't want to be here. Just seems strange for a player at a club that has got the sort of news we've had in the last month wanting to elave. I doubt if a higher league manager will take a punt seeing as he was injured so much last season. If I was Glenn I would have waited another season.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Has he learn't the offside rule yet? Got caught offside more times than Labour M.P.'s with dodgy expense claims!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
shame he is going but understandable

would have neen better for us at christmas so he can play and score some goals then we can get our money back plus a healthy sell on fee.
think we may struggle to do that right now

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
People on here are talking like offloading him for a decent fee is a formality. I think the truth will be less straightforward.

Tony Bloom has just committed to massive expenditure, so he won't want to start his tenure by writing off £100K on Murray.

Mrs Murray should realise that if Victoria Beckham can live with David playing his football 10 time zones on the other side of the planet she should be able to manage, particularly as this is the best damned place to live in the UK. If she wants to talk about the fear of homesickness maybe she should talk to Mr and Mrs Gannon.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Replacing him with Lee Trundle my source just told me.

I guess we need a replacement for Murray and Owusu.

I just text my Bristol City supporting mate - he says Trundle would be amazing in league 1 and he would be very sad to see him go.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is there a sell on clause and I cannot see us getting back £300K anyway

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Saw him (no,honest!) a couple of times ambling about and looking generally uninterested in the game,but i expect that was just hernia problems.

Who would sign this damaged old crock? Can we expect our money back?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
a couple of times ambling about and looking generally uninterested in the game.

Ah....I remember someone like that, what was his name? Bobby something? His surname started with a Z or something crazy like that. Yeah, that's the guy. Whatever happened to him?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Well, that's a bit shit isn't it? And what's this about whing leaving? Is that just NSC panicking and scaremongering or is he definitely not signing?

Back page of argus suggests leeds are interested, and nothing has been said on here about that before today so not sure where they got their info from. Seems unlike him to not tell the club whats going on, always came across as a good professional, hope he stays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here