Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray hands in transfer request...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Absolutely gutted if true. Bar Forster, our best player by an absolute country mile. A long way.

Had TWO injuries last year (despite everyone's very bad memory span it seems, when coming to his supposed injury prone-ness) ONE of which was ENTIRELY caused by Micky sticking him in against Leeds.

Glenn wanted to play in that game despite clearly not being fully fit. Yet not an 100% man? Hmm.

We won't be able to replace him without spending big. He WILL go on to better things than us if he moves. No question.

Completely agree. He provides a real touch of class up front and I doubt we will be able to replace him with anyone as good. Would be a real shame to lose him.

Having said that, if he is unsettled and wants to leave, it would be best to get a decent fee for him and let him go as soon as possible to maximise our time to replace him. Not sure who will pay much for him though as he was injured for so much of last season.

I am actually quite pissed off. We spend the hole season getting him back to full fitness and start trying to build the squad around him and then he decides to f*** off. I am assuming that this is down to are poor finish and the fact he could "do better" but the fact we didn't have the best of season's is because he was incredibly unfit. Forget the hernia, how many games was Malcom Stuart trying to "rush him back for saturday"?

I know he want's to do his nest but he really should have the loyalty to stick by us after we put the time and effort in to get him fit. I thought he was a nice, genuine bloke and the hole girlfriend and baby scenario doesn't cut it with me as he made a decision to play for Brighton and Hove Albion and he should stick at it.

Hopefully this is a load of bull but if it isn't Simpson is not an adequate replacement on his own.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I don't think that he's ever looked happy here. Could be personal reasons, could be the club, could be fitness levels, could be that the match tactics haven't suited him. Could be his general demeanour.

However given that we have a whole new regime at the club, if he's looking to leave before the season even starts I'm guessing that it's for personal or career reasons.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
that little tickertape thingy at the bottom of the screen on skysports news is as about reliable as the sunday train service to gatwick. Im not saying it isnt true but ive seen enough tosh go past on that to not take it as a done deal

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
that little tickertape thingy at the bottom of the screen on skysports news is as about reliable as the sunday train service to gatwick. Im not saying it isnt true but ive seen enough tosh go past on that to not take it as a done deal

That plus the fact that the story has not reached the League One news on Sky, nor even the Brighton page on the same site

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If he goes, I would put 50p on him going to Cardiff (having been told this by people at the club on more than one occasion during last season). So much for wanting to move back north, but then again Cardiff are in a new stadium, and will be pushing towards the top of the Championship next season again. Contrast that with Withdean and League 1.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
That plus the fact that the story has not reached the League One news on Sky, nor even the Brighton page on the same site

Or the transfer centre on Sky Sports website. Mind you, where has it come from otherwise?

james1971

Apr 17, 2009
portslade
can't see any truth in this as been on bha website and there's NOTHING at the moment.
why would he leave when there's a new beginning with mr Bloom in command and mr Slade looking to build a team around him.
Ps. love to find out where these stories come from.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
f***. Our best player. Anyone who thinks we won't miss him, Owusu and whing is a MUG

This would be our best player who managed 18 starts in League 1, 1 FA Cup and 3 League Cup games for a total of 22 out of 50?

He might be one of our best players but will we miss a player who has only started 22 times? Owusu started 13 games for crying out loud, managed to score 7 goals in that short time-we'll miss him more than Murray.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think he is our best player, and to see him go is a sad sad day. I think we are going to get conned for money in a replacement as clubs will know he will be sold as well as Bloom being loaded.

You cant replace class like Murray's easily, and despite injuries and setbacks in his short term, be banged 19 goals in, which only Forster (quality) and Robinson (been at the club for five years) at the club had scored more.

Murray became a better player when Forster was out, and he began to make goals for himself as well as finish the ones handed to him. Indeed he tried to be over complicated in some one on ones, if he didnt he would be a Premier League player.

Love the guy, want him to stay

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Murray became a better player when Forster was out, and he began to make goals for himself as well as finish the ones handed to him. Indeed he tried to be over complicated in some one on ones, if he didnt he would be a Premier League player.

I think that's also a key part of it. I really don't think that Glenn and Nicky got on well on or off the pitch and it was almost a case of one or the other. With Forster being captain it could be one of the reasons that Glenn wants to pack his bags.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bwian, you're an idiot. Murray is our most creative player, averages one in two, and was second top scorer despite being injured half the season. He is class. Owusu scores but doesn't create. That's the difference. Without both of them, we are right up the creek. Hart, forster and davies won't stay fit/couldn't score in a brothel. We're screwed unless we find another gem.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dissapointing news, whenever I've seen Murray even when he hasn't scored I've never failed to be impressed with his all round game and technique. I think we should be able to get £500k for him which will add to the already substantial funds to tinker with our squad in preperation for next season.

If Robbie Simpson is as is being touted on the verge of joining us I think he will be a more than adequete replacement and is the sort of exciting signing who will be able to get bums on seats.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think that's also a key part of it. I really don't think that Glenn and Nicky got on well on or off the pitch and it was almost a case of one or the other. With Forster being captain it could be one of the reasons that Glenn wants to pack his bags.

Or it could simply be that he (or his girlfriend) just doesn't like it down here? Not everybody likes Brighton. If that's the case (as has been suggested on the resurrected thread) then I hope he at least has the decency to say that that's his reason-if he goes that is.

I would rather we kept him here but if he's unhappy then what's the point? We've all seen what keeping an unhappy player can do to team spirit...If he goes then we'll replace him. Simple! Hopefully with somebody who plays a whole season.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Bwian, you're an idiot. Murray is our most creative player, averages one in two, and was second top scorer despite being injured half the season. He is class. Owusu scores but doesn't create. That's the difference. Without both of them, we are right up the creek. Hart, forster and davies won't stay fit/couldn't score in a brothel. We're screwed unless we find another gem.

If he goes, we will at least have a decent wedge to spend on a replacement. I've always thought Bishop from Bury would be worth a punt.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008

Slade will find one.:thumbsup:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'll be AMAZED if we get half a million for Murray. That would be up there with the £1.5m "old pals act" between Strachan and McGhee for Virgo.

I doubt whether Russell has such generous friends in the game.
Not worth going on about all day but for the record: Half a million for arguably our best player would be a good deal. If he goes to a Championship club scores 20 goals then you're talking a couple of million. That has to be factored into the fee. If he was worth £300k when we brought him from a league two team, he has to be worth 500k now based on the market value playing in a higher league. So it's really not in the same ball park as the Virgo deal which we all know was laughably good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here