Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray hands in transfer request...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am really disappointed with this!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hmm, still going to take this with a pinch of salt - nothing from the club and something is usually leaked on here/local press before Sky get hold of it.

Shame if true though, currently the best player we have.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
and to be fair the request has not been accepted yet - so stick a million pound fee on him and see what happens

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Once a player decides to go there is little a club can do to stop it. Maybe now people will stop wobbling on about loyalty (either club or player) - it doesn't exist. It's just business and all parties do what they can to get the best for themselves.

Very disappointed that he will be leaving - he's a quality striker. Hope we're going to get someone decent in to replace him, but pound for pound will be hard.

Suspect the "want to go back north" gf has had an influence. Get some balls Glenn - wrong time to leave a stable club.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Owusu has gone and now Whing and Murray look likely to follow. Not exactly going to plan is it? I will expect a big fee for Murray and not at all confident that Simpson is the right man to replace him. But at least Slade has some time.

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If true, it's all starting to get a bit worrying.

Murray (possibly) going
Owusu not staying
Whing still hasn't signed the contract offered to him
Dicker deal has not yet been finalised.

The optimism I felt after we stayed up and RS was immediately given a two-year contract is steadily evaporating.

:ohmy::down::nono::ohmy::down::nono::annoyed:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pretty macked off about that. He's done nothing in the last 12 months to earn an improved deal if that’s what he was after, so presumably he's playing the "havn't settled in the area" card with a view to going back oop north somewhere. After what was (for us) a massive £300k outlay on him last January, I think he owed us more than an injury-plagued season-and-a-half here. We have to be looking to hold out for at LEAST our money back in any deal - he scoring record is decent enough, but his injury record is going to count against him. If he turns up at some other southern-based club then he can DO one though - he will be roundly boo'd by me next time we see him if that’s what ends up happening.

Whing still stalling on a deal, Dicker still non-commital, Owusu already gone, Sullivan inexplicably released, Lynch almost certainly gone, and now Murray wanting out. I'm not panicking yet obviously, but we're losing a series of key players for us there who will not be easy to replace. NOT a good start to the summer.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
huge shame if he goes...get him fit again and i think he could be a major asset to our strike force. Although not as worried as i would have been a year ago about him leaving, as we now we have the financial clout to find a suitable replacement.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Gutted by this although I presume he's been pressured into it by his mrs..

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Rubbish news, we probably won't even get a proper fee for him what with the injuries he's had this season.

:down:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hmm, still going to take this with a pinch of salt - nothing from the club and something is usually leaked on here/local press before Sky get hold of it.

Shame if true though, currently the best player we have.

Depends if his agent leaked it, he would rather sky knew that a local paper so more teams are made aware.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If true, it's all starting to get a bit worrying.

Murray (possibly) going
Owusu not staying
Whing still hasn't signed the contract offered to him
Dicker deal has not yet been finalised.

The optimism I felt after we stayed up and RS was immediately given a two-year contract is steadily evaporating.

:ohmy::down::nono::ohmy::down::nono::annoyed:

Without sounding rude, you can’t be bloody serious?! It’s not even July 1st yet, players still on holiday and Slade and those around him will be assessing comings and goings before making any signings.
There’s bugger all activity anywhere else with the exception of a few free agents being snapped up, we should just be patient.

I can almost sense the first Slade out thread.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Pretty pissed off if true, but hey ho, players come and go, granted, he scored quite a goals- but it was pretty obvious his heart was never in it.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here