Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray hands in transfer request...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bwian, you're an idiot. Murray is our most creative player, averages one in two, and was second top scorer despite being injured half the season. He is class. Owusu scores but doesn't create. That's the difference. Without both of them, we are right up the creek. Hart, forster and davies won't stay fit/couldn't score in a brothel. We're screwed unless we find another gem.

And you're an opinionated twat who thinks he knows everything.

For your information (again) Murray started 18 League games. That's 18 out of 46. He may be our most creative player but if we only get 18 games a season out of him-what's the point?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Handing in a transfer request is more than "speculation" and easily verifiable, so I expect Sky to be right about this.

I'm disappointed and worried about this. We have a new manager, a new chairman and his striking partner is also club captain, yet he couldn't be persuaded to stay on despite his appauling injury-hit season. The same applies to Andy Whing.

Micky Adams once said that a manager should always have the replacement lined up before he does a deal. Well I don't see any proven League 1 goalscorer knocking on our door at the minute. Or quality League One right-back.

As Alan Partridge would say "that's a negative and right now I need two positives".

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
And you're an opinionated twat who thinks he knows everything.

For your information (again) Murray started 18 League games. That's 18 out of 46. He may be our most creative player but if we only get 18 games a season out of him-what's the point?

In that he scored 11 goals, and created numerous goals, which was MORE than the 3 points we avoided relegation by

confirmed now on Argus website, but they could have got it off here i suppose!!

His girlfriend doesn't like living in the south. or is that nicky forster?

Murray asks Albion for transfer
1:30pm Monday 8th June 2009

Comments (1) Have your say »

By Andy Naylor »

Glenn Murray has rocked Albion by handing in a transfer request with two years still left on his contract.

The highly-rated striker's partner has struggled to settle on the south coast since his £300,000 move from Rochdale in January 2008.
Murray still managed to score 12 goals last season, in spite of missing much of the campaign with a hernia injury.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not worth going on about all day but for the record: Half a million for arguably our best player would be a good deal. If he goes to a Championship club scores 20 goals then you're talking a couple of million. That has to be factored into the fee. If he was worth £300k when we brought him from a league two team, he has to be worth 500k now based on the market value playing in a higher league. So it's really not in the same ball park as the Virgo deal which we all know was laughably good.

Half a million would be a FANTASTIC deal, and whilst I'd be sad to see him go, if we got an offer of that much then its a no-brainer. But unless the fee is linked with appearances, then his injury record will, I think, dictate a lot less than £500k. Of course if we turn down the request, he gets his head down, stays fit and has knocked in 12-15 by Christmas, then maybe we can start looking at £500k+.

But thats a mighty big IF.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Oh well, life goes on. What's the point of having someone here if they don't want to play for us ???

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If Robbie Simpson is as is being touted on the verge of joining us I think he will be a more than adequete replacement and is the sort of exciting signing who will be able to get bums on seats.

Disagree with you there, to be honest i had never heard of Robbie Simpson before we were linked with him and i doubt too many others had. If we are signing him as a striker im slighlty worried, as it appears he has had one good season in the conference and thats it. Im not sure how many of his games for coventry have been on the wing, but 4 goals in 60 games doesnt fill me with confidence, especially as he will effectively be our main striker given forsters age.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Look the bottom line is that Murray and the others can do one if they don't wanna be at this club. RS will replace them. I cant believe how negative some people are being on here. He is one player we have lost better and survived (Zamora).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Half a million would be a FANTASTIC deal, and whilst I'd be sad to see him go, if we got an offer of that much then its a no-brainer. But unless the fee is linked with appearances, then his injury record will, I think, dictate a lot less than £500k. Of course if we turn down the request, he gets his head down, stays fit and has knocked in 12-15 by Christmas, then maybe we can start looking at £500k+.

But thats a mighty big IF.

You're missing the slight flaw in this plan.

Players of Murray's quality do not just fall out the sky.

Chances of getting another striker as good as (or better than) Murray for around/under 500k are very, very slim.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Disagree with you there, to be honest i had never heard of Robbie Simpson before we were linked with him and i doubt too many others had. If we are signing him as a striker im slighlty worried, as it appears he has had one good season in the conference and thats it. Im not sure how many of his games for coventry have been on the wing, but 4 goals in 60 games doesnt fill me with confidence, especially as he will effectively be our main striker given forsters age.

Well I had never heard of Glenn Murray before we signed him. God we have not signed the guy yet and people are having a go. He might be better tha Glenn!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has two years left on his contract, if we don't get a decent offer I guess the club will just tell him to get on with it and prove he's worth whatever it is we'd take for him. Unlike the last 10 years I assume we won't be having a fire sale in getting rid of players who want out. A lot will depend on Murray's character I guess.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Look the bottom line is that Murray and the others can do one if they don't wanna be at this club. RS will replace them. I cant believe how negative some people are being on here. He is one player we have lost better and survived (Zamora).

Totally agree.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
If we are signing him as a striker im slighlty worried, as it appears he has had one good season in the conference and thats it.

Agree. Fleetwood had one good season in the Conference and look how good he was! :wozza:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Well I had never heard of Glenn Murray before we signed him. God we have not signed the guy yet and people are having a go. He might be better tha Glenn!

I said earlier i am happy to give the guy a chance, but i feel we could do a lot better than Robbie simpson, on the basis of him having one good season in the conference. There are players proven at this level, who we could use the money from murray if he goes, to attract, players like Akinfenwa, Danny Graham........
Im more than happy to give him a chance, but hardly inspires me to be our leading striker.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
had you heard of Zamora before he joined......

just because hes been average on the wing for Cov in the Championship dosent mean he wont be class for us up front.....IF he comes to us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're missing the slight flaw in this plan.

Players of Murray's quality do not just fall out the sky.

Chances of getting another striker as good as (or better than) Murray for around/under 500k are very, very slim.

As others have said, life goes on. We've signed talented forwards before, and we will do again. Would you rather turn down that kind of money and keep an unhappy player at the club ? Because in the long run, that would probably end up being more damaging.

Of course we don't want to lose our best players, but he's not the first and he won't be the last. I still don't think we'll be able to command half a million for Murray, but IF someone came up with that kind of dough, then its a nice wedge to go back into the transfer market with and perhaps sign a decent striker with a proven record at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here