Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2022 line up

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I only watched for the first half hour as I was really tired after a long day, I was impressed by what I saw especially when he was playing bass and then lead guitar for another song before playing piano.

I watched it all. He played seven different instruments. He also 'sang along with John'.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I watched it all. He played seven different instruments. He also 'sang along with John'.

I really enjoyed seeing the crowd reaction as he brought on the first (and then the second) 'surprise'. I'm no great fan of Grohl or Springsteen but it was a definite 'Glasto moment' - a phrase which has been vastly over-used, recently.

As an aside, I couldn't stop looking at Springsteen and seeing Robert De Niro in 'Meet The Fokkers' - huge resemblance. :)

The (stone) circle of trust goes round and round....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was it me, or did he seem to try extra hard with 'John', as if the old fire not to be bettered by him was still burning.

I just saw it as a tribute, like the song he wrote for John. He sang that in 2003 when I saw him live. They were mates, mates who fell out, like all mates do, but made it up.

He sang a couple of other songs that George and Ringo wrote as well.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
My opinion before last night was how a lot of people felt before the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony, "we'll try our best but it will probably be crap", only it wasn't, it was brilliant. Paul's voice has been shot for quite a few years now, but at 80 to put on a show like he did last night was exceptional. He's got some great musicians and vocalists around him, but his own multi musicianship and the love of what he's achieved shone through, at his age with the career he's had he didn't need to perform last night, but he did and I for one loved it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My opinion before last night was how a lot of people felt before the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony, "we'll try our best but it will probably be crap", only it wasn't, it was brilliant. Paul's voice has been shot for quite a few years now, but at 80 to put on a show like he did last night was exceptional. He's got some great musicians and vocalists around him, but his own multi musicianship and the love of what he's achieved shone through, at his age with the career he's had he didn't need to perform last night, but he did and I for one loved it.

He did 38 songs.

That’s just incredible at 80.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Macca's set still not on iPlayer ... or at least I can't find it! Went to bed before it finished and of course it went on longer than the programme I recorded and so haven't seen the big finale!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really enjoyed seeing the crowd reaction as he brought on the first (and then the second) 'surprise'. I'm no great fan of Grohl or Springsteen but it was a definite 'Glasto moment' - a phrase which has been vastly over-used, recently.

As an aside, I couldn't stop looking at Springsteen and seeing Robert De Niro in 'Meet The Fokkers' - huge resemblance. :)

The (stone) circle of trust goes round and round....

I've always thought they look similar. Plus they both hate Trump :bowdown:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Really not feeling it for HAIM

Summer Girl and so on are kinda ok, just not sure it really has a festival stage vibe – maybe a little too laidback and chilled.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Herbie Hancock smashing it right now.

DifferentTenseHoopoe-max-1mb.gif

Magnificent Sunday afternoon jazz.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Diana Ross , not sounding her best but entertaining the crowd, waiting for the fontaines

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here