Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2022 line up

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Noel Gallagher was BRILLIANT. Delving into his own songs as well as the ones under Oasis, I loved every minute.

Paul McCartney ? I was genuinely looking forward to his set, but frankly, it was a steaming pile of cack. 8 out of 10 songs I'd never heard of, and when you look at the spectacular catalogue he had to bring out...well. I was waiting earnestly for the big payoff, but when he broke out Ob-La-Di, I realised he was just taking the piss and put the cricket highlights on.

WTaF ?

This. And surprisingly when Macca played the hits towards the end, it seemed to come to life. Who’d have thunk it?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Loved them since that very first single. They've been the soundtrack to my life.

Same here.

Still discovering their many songs now, Tennant’s vocals are sumptuous. I share their passion for a load of dance and electronic music from the US and Europe.

12 years ago at Glast, feels like 5, the music and light show were incredible.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
There we go. There’s your glastonbury moment. Everyone goes home happy. Apart from the trans and non binary amounts them. When do they get to sing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Same here.

Still discovering their many songs now, Tennant’s vocals are sumptuous. I share their passion for a load of dance and electronic music from the US and Europe.

12 years ago at Glast, feels like 5, the music and light show were incredible.

I was there. Outstanding.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’ve enjoyed some bits of the set far more than other parts - but there’s no denying that for an 80 year old man this is quite remarkable. 80 ffs! Amazing when you just think about it.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A decent ending, but had to wade through a hell of a lot of DROSS before we got there.

A bit like our season.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Relieved to see the youngsters Bruce (72) and Dave (53) provide some extra energy for the octogenarian.

A mere 205 years between the 3 of them.

Whoever said Glastonbury was for kids?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I didn't hold out much hope for Macca's set, and the first hour was a little as I suspected. Then, he stepped it up, his voice actually improved as it went on and I started to enjoy it.
That last hour or so was pretty special, imo, and it seemed the massive crowd were loving it, too.
Not far shy of 3 hours, without a break, from an 80 year old.
So pleased I stuck with it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I enjoyed Macca. There, I've said it. Wife went to bed so I could just enjoy the show. Great lights etc, band, special guests, setlist (yes,I knew them all) and Macca made the best of his voice. I'd go watch him live.

Jul 20, 2003
I liked the new stuff because McCartney III sounds like a reasonably focused Guided By Voices album.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't hold out much hope for Macca's set, and the first hour was a little as I suspected. Then, he stepped it up, his voice actually improved as it went on and I started to enjoy it.
That last hour or so was pretty special, imo, and it seemed the massive crowd were loving it, too.
Not far shy of 3 hours, without a break, from an 80 year old.
So pleased I stuck with it.

Exactly as I saw it. His voice loosened up, a remarkable performance in the end.

The Glast live audience always seems very international, there appeared to be great warmth and adulation from the masses.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Thumbs down

Fair enough.
I turned off fairly early and probably should have stuck it out a bit longer, reading other stuff about it. But I am no great fan of Dave Grohl, for example, and plenty of other people obviously had reservations, too.
I was a great Beatles fan early on, particularly from Sergeant Pepper onwards, never so much a Wings fan, and some of his solo material has, in my view, been fairly dire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here