[Music] Glastonbury 2022 line up

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
What time? Sounds amazing.

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 08.27.14.png

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Looking forward to Kacey Musgraves. When I saw her at C2C, I expected this prim looking country singer with a big acoustic guitar and a band of guys in denim and check shirts. How wrong was I as they blasted on stage wearing neon pink suits with light up bulbs down the sides and played a set that made headliner Eric Church turn up the volume but fail to impress by comparison.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I have enormous respect for McCartney and what he’s achieved. But he needs to accept that being 80 he can’t do what he used to do and get away with it. Bobby Zamora is a Brighton legend, doesn’t mean I want him lining up as our first choice striker next season.

Errr, I think that's a little bit different! The crowd seemed to be enjoying themselves. Yes, it's Glastonbury and people are going for the overall experience etc ... but Macca would sell out pretty much anywhere in my view ... meaning people are still more than happy to pay their money to see the octogenarian!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Don’t be silly. I’m just thinking if you’re playing a crowd that aren’t specifically there to see you, you might play stuff that most people know. Especially if that stuff is much better than the stuff you’re doing now.

So just play Beatles only with a few Wings songs thrown in to mix it up a bit then :facepalm:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wow did you lot take a load of miserable pills last night?

Agree about Olivia Rodrigo, well worthy of her slot and nice touch bringing out Lily Allen for **** U. Pop can be great at Glastonbury.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Looking forward to Kacey Musgraves. When I saw her at C2C, I expected this prim looking country singer with a big acoustic guitar and a band of guys in denim and check shirts. How wrong was I as they blasted on stage wearing neon pink suits with light up bulbs down the sides and played a set that made headliner Eric Church turn up the volume but fail to impress by comparison.

That's the set I'm looking forward to most today. Only recently discovered her and love Golden Hour :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There is also the unwritten agreement that audiences will sit through the 'new stuff' if the artists finishes their set with the classics.

Both are suitably indulged and everyone is happy.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

I remember the story about Neil Young starting a gig saying that he was going to play his yet to be released album to a sea of groans. He then told them that after he had done that, he would play stuff they had heard before.

He then played the whole set a second time :lolol:

I think it's been obvious for a few years that Macca's voice was going, but I caught the last 45 and enjoyed it :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thank you. Another professional view

[tweet]1540831924977127426[/tweet]

I only watched for the first half hour as I was really tired after a long day, I was impressed by what I saw especially when he was playing bass and then lead guitar for another song before playing piano.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Exactly as I saw it. His voice loosened up, a remarkable performance in the end.

The Glast live audience always seems very international, there appeared to be great warmth and adulation from the masses.

He got such a fantastic reaction from that crowd, he seemed to draw energy from it and a couple of decades seemed to fall from him. I was amazed at just how fresh he looked when he finally came off stage. It was one hell of a performance, overall, and I really didn't want it to finish. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here