Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giving up season ticket

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Really, am I understanding this?

You have purchased 2 season tickets after being a fan at Withdean and having I presume been to a presentation

After going there, you have found the experience so unpleasant you wish to sell your tickets.

You are so well off, you are not attempting an immediate sale, you are just going to leave your seats empty

BHA are playing great football and the game is on television, but because of some gripe with sky you refuse to watch it

Instead you will travel down to plymouth twice

what, can I say? I know.

I do not believe an f'ing word of it

wind up merchant

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Midweeks games no problem, my eight year old slept from 3-15 to 6.30, had another nap on the one hour car journey, and slept when we got back in the car (eventually) slept in until 8.15 next day and was at school rested and happy and on time. (Mind you the threat of not seeling Palace probably did a lot of good)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Withdean wasn't a non league experience though, a non league ground would be better surroundings. I wouldn't even say there was great comraderie, the occasional bit of gallows humour perhaps but mostly just sitting quietly then shuffling damply home. I can understand why some people probably do prefer the genuine non-league experience but I don't think it's like Withdean.
There was a certain masochistic pride in going to Withdean every week and feeling superior to all the people who hardly or never went, but you can still feel that now if you want...

You forget the THREE CHAMPIONSHIPS that we won there

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
:falmer::laugh:Sounds more to me like a 'toys out the pram' job as there aren't many 3pm Saturday fixtures because of Sky and the University.
WHU game probably being the catalyst.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I asked first! :)......................amazed you want to give them up though

Last edited:

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Really, am I understanding this?

You have purchased 2 season tickets after being a fan at Withdean and having I presume been to a presentation

After going there, you have found the experience so unpleasant you wish to sell your tickets.

You are so well off, you are not attempting an immediate sale, you are just going to leave your seats empty

BHA are playing great football and the game is on television, but because of some gripe with sky you refuse to watch it

Instead you will travel down to plymouth twice

what, can I say? I know.

I do not believe an f'ing word of it

wind up merchant

I never said i would leave the seats empty, tonight & tuesday i've let others have them,(plastic but nice people) but they can't always go. i may leave them empty i may not, will see i can get a refund first, selling them on ? im sure other have done this.

Like i said i have my reasons, the sky tv thing just came up during this thread

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Doesn't strike me as a wind up to be honest, if it was I would have expected him to come on ranting and raving and listing all the points about how shit it is etc, instead he's hardly said anything about it. I stand to be corrected though

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
attentionwhore-poster1.jpg

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I wish sky tv would f*** off for a start,it's money some would say, f*** the money, the stadium is sold out,we don't need them.

The Liverpool game would still have been on a Wednesday and the Leeds game on a Friday with or without Sky (leeds game moved due to the Uni needing the car parks)

Hulls kick-off time would still have been put back to 5:30 due to the Uni having a commitment and nothing to do with Sky again

The Barnley game was moved due to the Lewes bonfire celebrations (clash between our returning fans and spectators heading to Lewes for the celebrations and the public transport system would struggle and our fans who park in Lewes could find that they are not able to move their car until after the celebrations are over at around 11pm)

The only game that has changed due to Sky showing it is the West Ham game so they are hardly to blame for a lack of 3pm Saturday kick-offs

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I definately preferred Withdean.
1) So convenient. Could stroll down at 2:40 and make it to the game
2) Cheaper, especially for students who struggle to afford £30 a ticket.
3) Able to meet up with all your friends at half time
4) Also quite enjoyed the lower standard of football :lolol: All week I watched premiership football on tv so it made a weekly change.

However I do find it strange that someone with a season ticket is wanting to sell it. I'd definately have one if I could afford it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Doesn't strike me as a wind up to be honest, if it was I would have expected him to come on ranting and raving and listing all the points about how shit it is etc, instead he's hardly said anything about it. I stand to be corrected though
Well the "I have my reasons but I'm not telling" does seem rather trollish.

Not all trolls are idiot trolls.

But I dunno, out of 18 thousand people there's bound to be a few people who think anything in there somewhere.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
I never said i would leave the seats empty, tonight & tuesday i've let others have them,(plastic but nice people) but they can't always go. i may leave them empty i may not, will see i can get a refund first, selling them on ? im sure other have done this.

Like i said i have my reasons, the sky tv thing just came up during this thread

It is VERY VERY SIMPLE just cancel your direct debit and GO AWAY ???

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
P*lace fan on a wind-up, I'm trying to think of why else he'd not say his reason but hint about plastic fans. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here