Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giving up season ticket

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I dont see why the OP is taking abuse for this, I was talking to a few guys on the way from the game who went to the Withdean but dont want to go to Falmer, they liked special feeling you got being one of the hardcore at the withdean, where it may have been shit but it was all about the football. I really dont appreciate going to the Amex and being told what to sing, when to sing it by some pompous Tottenham fan.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Unbelievable.

As someone who was too young to go to the goldstone, Withdean has been our home stadium for my whole albion supporting life - yet it never felt quite right. Yes, we had some fantastic games and seasons there and we wouldn't be where we are now without it - but for me away games were always much better.

My first game at the amex was the sunderland game. Walking into the place was unbelievable. Not only was it a fantastic stadium, but it's OURS. I'd been to the withdean, but the sunderland game I'll always count as my first ever home game, as it felt like home. Now I understood what seeing your team at home was all about - and my god what an experience it was.

Circumstances mean that in the foreseeable future I won't be able to get a season ticket, but if I could I'd jump at the chance. I literally love the place. I still enjoy away games, but home games have so much more meaning now. I just can't for the life of me understand how anyone could possibly prefer the withdean.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I dont see why the OP is taking abuse for this, I was talking to a few guys on the way from the game who went to the Withdean but dont want to go to Falmer, they liked special feeling you got being one of the hardcore at the withdean, where it may have been shit but it was all about the football. I really dont appreciate going to the Amex and being told what to sing, when to sing it by some pompous Tottenham fan.

The razamataz is over the top.

But at Withdean, the club would eventually find its true financial level of League 2.
Gus would go, crowds would really dwindle, permanently with no stadium dream.
Withdean was great, in knowing all fans were loyal, but the club would have slowly died.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hey, what's it like living in the 1980's? To be honest, anyone that can't enjoy The Amex, razzmatazz and all, must have a pretty sad outlook on life. Sell the tickets and get someone in that wants them - there'll be plenty.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Shameful comment.

not at all .......i was genuinely concerned that you were disgruntled with the disabled facilities.......there is little else to be unhappy about at present , come on are you going to tell us what your little problem is or are you going to carry on being a twonk..?

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Much though I like the style of the stadium at the Amex I also really liked the Withdean experience
One of the friendliest places where you could get to know everyone from gatemen to journos unlike the Amex where we are kept apart
Something about shared hard times and by contrast there are plenty of fair weather friends and corporates at the Amex
Great atmosphere tonight but the travel arrangements are a pain and should be really testing when the weather gets poor
Love the football under Gus but also exciting times with stirring night games at the Withdean in Mickys first reign

Aug 4, 2011
It's 2 tickets i have, if i find that the don't do any refunds i will try to sell but only as a pair.

As for my reasons all im going to say is even at this early stage im disillusioned with it, in some way i wish we still at withdean, i know most won't understand that but some will know what im talking about.

I would be interested :)

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Has anyone given up their season ticket, did you get a refund on the unused part ? or are you stuck with it.

Thanks

p.s yes i will be asking the ticket office in due course.

If your that disillusioned set fire to them. proper passion.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I can sort of understand well I think I can
When we were at the Goldstone or at Withdean and we were playing league 1 or League 2 football you felt part of it - that the team was ours the fans. Even in the heady days of 79 -83 when in the top division it belonged to us. Now we've moved on, football has moved on and the more successful a team becomes the less it feels like it belongs to you - we're now (quite) high profile, we get on TV and people know about us and that does tend, I find, to take a little bit away from us the long suffering Brighton fans who've been there throughout the bad times as well as the good. I'm not explaining it too well but I do feel that the more successful we become the less "ordinary" fans there will be. However that's the price for success, I'm not entirely happy sharing my team with the rest of the country but we'll just have to move on and see where the ride takes us. Personally I blame Sky. They've done a lot of good but they've also done a lot of bad things
None of this , in any way, should be taken as me saying I don't like the Amex - I think it's a great stadium with a great team and a bloody good atmosphere. Travel is a bit shit if you live out of Brighton though. The more successful we get the more games will be played on every day of the week except Saturdays at 3pm - I don't like it cos I can't get there as often but that's part and parcel of football in the top two divisions under Sky
Sorry this sounds a bit incoherent

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's 2 tickets i have, if i find that the don't do any refunds i will try to sell but only as a pair.

As for my reasons all im going to say is even at this early stage im disillusioned with it, in some way i wish we still at withdean, i know most won't understand that but some will know what im talking about.

Only read the thread as far as this. The bloke is either a WUM or severely mentally disabled.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

your normal drivel i c

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
was just wondering if i could get a few quid back.
Is twenty quid any good?
Only psychotherapists. I think your dose may need adjusting.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can sort of understand well I think I can
When we were at the Goldstone or at Withdean and we were playing league 1 or League 2 football you felt part of it - that the team was ours the fans. Even in the heady days of 79 -83 when in the top division it belonged to us. Now we've moved on, football has moved on and the more successful a team becomes the less it feels like it belongs to you - we're now (quite) high profile, we get on TV and people know about us and that does tend, I find, to take a little bit away from us the long suffering Brighton fans who've been there throughout the bad times as well as the good. I'm not explaining it too well but I do feel that the more successful we become the less "ordinary" fans there will be. However that's the price for success, I'm not entirely happy sharing my team with the rest of the country but we'll just have to move on and see where the ride takes us. Personally I blame Sky. They've done a lot of good but they've also done a lot of bad things
That doesn't sound incoherent, seems well explained. I can understand if one of the things you most enjoyed was feeling it was your little team, and you don't get the same thrill from watching with 20,000 others, but I prefer football this way (although a STH, I didn't like withdean), so blaming sky doesn't make sense, as most people think things have improved for us.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Maybe the OP was the fella nicked for being drunk & disorderly outside the ground shortly after being ejected for abusing staff & stewards in the ground? Perhaps he's trying to cash his ticket in before the club cancel it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here