And you can't swear.

Which explains why she prefers it.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
London Irish said:
Yeah, thanks for that. It's remarkable that people like you offer cover for those that make the kind of nasty, personal remarks to Yorkie. It's the only reason why they get away with it and this place had such low "Lord of the Flies"-like standards. Sanctimonious? Yeah, I'll take that all day long if it means I believe in certain standards of conduct on here are right and wrong.

Thanks for that Mr Irish. Please define 'people like you'. I don't offer cover for anyone, and I certainly don't condone the making of nasty or personal remarks about anyone, young or old.

To be honest I have seen none of the remarks in question, though I'm guessing from what's been said here, they stemmed from a thread relating to religion. I never, ever get involved in threads of that nature, as the generally flippant nature of the board is not really the right place for discussing something so important to some, yet so irrelevant to others. It can only possibly end in tears.

I apologise for calling you sanctimonious, as on this occassion you probably weren't.

Please don't question my standards. Thanks.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
I suppose we could advertise for new members in SAGA...

Now there's a really good idea.

MESSAGE BOARD REQUIRES NEW MEMBERS

Northstand Chat, the message board of Brighton and Hove Albion fans is searching for new members. Minimum age 50. Interest in football an asset, but not vital. Helpful to have some knowledge of Sussex and at least limited interest in B & H A football club. Willingness to read (or choose to ignore) pages of childish drivel a definite advantage. Sense of humour irrelevant as little sign of ault humour on the board. Would suit retired gentlemen (or ladies) with time on their hands and enormous amount of patience.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Nothing against yorkie here, but im sure i remember her flouncing - after Les Biehns "never trust something that bleeds for a week and doesnt die" comment... or is that someone else?

El Presidente said:
Palace have average crowds of 19,000, we can't even get a third of that.

If people don't like NSC then there are lots of alternatives. People have the right to post or not post.

And the right to say something's not right on NSC surely? After all, this is the "no-censorship" board, right? :rolleyes:

Perhaps the censorship on here operates in less obvious ways than a mod closing a thread - there is always the censorship of the school playground where people get shouted down if they don't swim with whatever the prevailing tide is this week.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club said:
I apologise for calling you sanctimonious, as on this occassion you probably weren't.

Please don't question my standards. Thanks.
Apology accepted :bhasign:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Downloaded Penguin said:
People are beginning to say how shit the board is becoming, Yorkie was a voice of reason, along with Dave the Gaffer, Uncle Spielberg, The Great Cornholio and various others.

Instead of moaning about how poor the board is getting let's try and do something about it?

If people choose to leave ,or not post, thats up to them . So why go chasing after them to" come back and make the board good "
Yes by all means advertise to friends lovers etc that its a good place but why go running after somebody to plead to them to come back ..More the point i think we all need to look at why they left in the first place ,becuase if it was due to personal criticism etc thats not good on a public forum

At least this gave me a chuckle this morning. I haven't really flounced, just decided not to post any more. Yet another personal attack by someone who, ironically, has flounced, proved the turning point. Adrie was the reason I closed Albion Archives for the first time but not the reason I stopped posting or closed it for good. I've posted the older stuff on Youtube for posterity but won't renew my webspace when it expires as I believe that copyright will become a big issue in the next few months.

The "it's only a messageboard" argument applies to a degree and I decided that it wasn't worth the time and anger dealing with ridiculous attacks, sometimes using my £131.50, because some people are incapable of having a sensible discussion. I didn't like the way it was embroiling me in flame wars as that is out of character for me so I decided to stop and post on Brightonfans. If people have had enough on here, can I suggest quietly moving over there as well?

No amount of jumping up and down is going to change what is now the status quo on here. If you can cope with plethora of crap and abuse in order to particpate in the good, old style NSC threads, then good for you. I have chosen to do that by logging out and just viewing as a guest so I won't get the urge to post in one of the many ridiculous threads. Some may have chosen to leave altogether but probably not many all the time there is a guest function.

The irony of these kinds of threads for me is that the people who feel the need to abuse Yorkie and the like because of a perceived clique fail to realise that there is now a very real 16-23 year old clique on here now. If you don't feel the need to use the word rape in every sentence, hijack threads with personal meaningless banter best served by PM's, pretend to be gay by cooing over every Albion player or post pictures of women with large breasts 10 times a day, then, according to Tommy Boy (I believe), you are a flid. In my opinion, it is this more juvenile clique that is turning people away. That's not to say it's right or wrong. If that is what the majority and Bozza want, then that's the way it will be. As said above, NSC always used to hold the middle ground between NSP and Brightonfans. To many, it is now veering towards NSP. These youngsters brought up with the Internet fail to realise that some people do get offended by abuse in any form and, because they have taken the time and trouble to construct an argument online, will take offence if they are abused for it, even if it is "only a messageboard". It may be a generational thing but that doesn't make it any less valid.

Anyway, I'm flattered that a couple of people thought that I was a Voice of Reason! :lol: I will sit back and await accusations of flouncing, self promotion, etc but will be logging out again so don't expect a reply! :p For all of the people who are upset by the new NSC, can I suggest giving Brightonfans a go. It's not as sterile as some on here portray it, it just needs a few more people who post regularly. Si has just updated the software so it's now in the 21st Century as well. If you don't like some of the drivel or abuse on here, post about football on Brightonfans and on here about your favourite crisp flavour and on NSP about whether Safeway's or Tommy's ex has the best tits (Yes, I do read NSP occasionally as well! :lolol: )

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Threads like this make this board more of a joke than it already is. As much as it pains me to say it, if you look at the main message board on cpfc.org that is an example of what a football message board should look like. Only threads about CPFC are tolerated, no bullshit posts about "Where's X, Why doesn't he/she post anymore" and similar shit on a personal level that means f*** all to the average Albion fan etc.

Why should there be a thread on the main Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club message board about a couple of people who don't post anymore, and how this place would be a much better place if they came back?!?! It really is ridiculous and childish tbh.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
London Irish said:
From what I've seen of the Palace board, they certainly don't turn on their own as much as we do on here. It comes to something that Yorkie can post happily on the Palace board and get treated with respect there standing up for the Albion, but cannot do that on here :(

Sorry LI but they do have daft silly pathetic squabbles on there as well. Pretty similar issues as well.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
The Great Cornholio said:

The irony of these kinds of threads for me is that the people who feel the need to abuse Yorkie and the like because of a perceived clique fail to realise that there is now a very real 16-23 year old clique on here now. If you don't feel the need to use the word rape in every sentence, hijack threads with personal meaningless banter best served by PM's, pretend to be gay by cooing over every Albion player or post pictures of women with large breasts 10 times a day, then, according to Tommy Boy (I believe), you are a flid. In my opinion, it is this more juvenile clique that is turning people away. That's not to say it's right or wrong. If that is what the majority and Bozza want, then that's the way it will be. As said above, NSC always used to hold the middle ground between NSP and Brightonfans. To many, it is now veering towards NSP. These youngsters brought up with the Internet fail to realise that some people do get offended by abuse in any form and, because they have taken the time and trouble to construct an argument online, will take offence if they are abused for it, even if it is "only a messageboard". It may be a generational thing but that doesn't make it any less valid.

)

My view as well I am afraid.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Nothing against yorkie here, but im sure i remember her flouncing - after Les Biehns "never trust something that bleeds for a week and doesnt die" comment... or is that someone else?

That comment that was meant harmlessly is what made her kick off although she later admitted it was the abuse of her beliefs that was the real catalyst. Mind you that hasn't stopped LI making out that I was bullying her. What a man of truth and courage he is.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Les Biehn said:
That comment that was meant harmlessly is what made her kick off although she later admitted it was the abuse of her beliefs that was the real catalyst. Mind you that hasn't stopped LI making out that I was bullying her. What a man of truth and courage he is.

So you weren't stealing her dinner money as well then?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Perry Milkins said:
Sorry LI but they do have daft silly pathetic squabbles on there as well.

LI's making out that it's a fountain of intelligent debate and maturity!:D

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
To use this board you've basically not got to give a flying fcuk - if you take abuse personally whats the point - It's all a wind up anyway on here and if people let themselves be goaded then that's their problem.

No different to teh cretins fighting among themselves at Donny. There really are alot of cnuts follow the Albion everygame i see some right dickheads. Football just attracts them like flys round shite an expression that could fit alot of the matches we endure.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here