Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:lolol:

[yt]3H8Nxc6zSA8[/yt]

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fergie is blaming Keith Hackett for having a cushy number, and Ronaldo is scared to use his skills after what happened to Eduardo.

Read all about it...

Ferguson furious after Cup exit

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson pointed an accusing finger at referee Martin Atkinson after the FA Cup quarter-final defeat by Portsmouth. Ferguson felt United had a penalty turned down when Sylvain Distin blocked Cristiano Ronaldo, before Sulley Muntari's late winner from the spot.

He told MUTV: "It's absolutely ridiculous. I cannot explain it. Managers get sacked because of things like that and he's going to referee a game next week."

United had substitute keeper Tomasz Kuszczak, on at half-time for injured Edwin van Der Sar, sent off for a foul on Milan Baros that led to Muntari's 78th minute spot-kick.

Ronaldo also revealed a lack of protection from officials had made him "scared" to play his natural game. He said: "Sometimes I say that this is the best league in the world, but sometimes they don't protect the skilful players. "After what happened to the Arsenal player Eduardo da Silva, I am scared to do my skills. The referee against Portsmouth was unbelievable. In the first five minutes, there were three fouls and he took no action and then he failed to give a penalty. It's difficult to play like this. Sometimes they just protect the defenders and I am thinking about having to change my game because it is difficult to play like that. Diarra did not even try to play the ball when he tackled me and he wasn't even booked. It's a joke. So often, there were fouls and the referee did nothing."

Ferguson added: "Keith Hackett (general manager of the Professional Game Match Officials Board) has got a lot to answer for in this country. He's not doing his job properly. He should be assessed like everyone else is assessed. I'm assessed as a manager, the players are assessed, referees are assessed. Martin Atkinson will referee next week, no problem. But his performance today should not be accepted in our game. I agree with Sepp Blatter, the standards in our game as opposed to the Continent, the tolerance level, is behind Europe. I think it's a big problem."

Ferguson said after his side's hopes of repeating their 1999 treble were extinguished: "The game was decided by the decision not to give us a penalty. They had great confidence to hang on knowing the referee was on their side. Lassana Diarra had eight or nine fouls in the match. It's incredible. I've got to agree with Arsene Wenger. Someone is going to get a serious injury in our game. He's had one himself with Eduardo. It's not a nice thing to talk about but, the treatment Ronaldo is getting, I'm worried about him.

"Keith Hackett is in a nice, comfortable position and does nothing really. I don't think he makes a contribution to the referees' performances in our country. That should be addressed. He's not doing his job properly. That guy will go and referee next week no problem. You see his favourites always get the games and that's disappointing."

Elated Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp contemplated a Wembley appearance in the semi-final, saying: "It's fantastic. To come here was the worst draw of the lot. It was a great performance. We came here the other week and got slaughtered but we've come back and turned it around. We worked, we had a plan and we stuck with it. You always have to ride your luck, they are a fantastic team. They are different class. We deserved our luck. It's a great day, great for the fans, I am delighted for them."

Ronaldo and Ferguson - pair of f***ing cowardly gobshites. :tosser:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Fergie is blaming Keith Hackett for having a cushy number, and Ronaldo is scared to use his skills after what happened to Eduardo.

Read all about it...

Ferguson furious after Cup exit

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson pointed an accusing finger at referee Martin Atkinson after the FA Cup quarter-final defeat by Portsmouth. Ferguson felt United had a penalty turned down when Sylvain Distin blocked Cristiano Ronaldo, before Sulley Muntari's late winner from the spot.

He told MUTV: "It's absolutely ridiculous. I cannot explain it. Managers get sacked because of things like that and he's going to referee a game next week."

United had substitute keeper Tomasz Kuszczak, on at half-time for injured Edwin van Der Sar, sent off for a foul on Milan Baros that led to Muntari's 78th minute spot-kick.

Ronaldo also revealed a lack of protection from officials had made him "scared" to play his natural game. He said: "Sometimes I say that this is the best league in the world, but sometimes they don't protect the skilful players. "After what happened to the Arsenal player Eduardo da Silva, I am scared to do my skills. The referee against Portsmouth was unbelievable. In the first five minutes, there were three fouls and he took no action and then he failed to give a penalty. It's difficult to play like this. Sometimes they just protect the defenders and I am thinking about having to change my game because it is difficult to play like that. Diarra did not even try to play the ball when he tackled me and he wasn't even booked. It's a joke. So often, there were fouls and the referee did nothing."

Ferguson added: "Keith Hackett (general manager of the Professional Game Match Officials Board) has got a lot to answer for in this country. He's not doing his job properly. He should be assessed like everyone else is assessed. I'm assessed as a manager, the players are assessed, referees are assessed. Martin Atkinson will referee next week, no problem. But his performance today should not be accepted in our game. I agree with Sepp Blatter, the standards in our game as opposed to the Continent, the tolerance level, is behind Europe. I think it's a big problem."

Ferguson said after his side's hopes of repeating their 1999 treble were extinguished: "The game was decided by the decision not to give us a penalty. They had great confidence to hang on knowing the referee was on their side. Lassana Diarra had eight or nine fouls in the match. It's incredible. I've got to agree with Arsene Wenger. Someone is going to get a serious injury in our game. He's had one himself with Eduardo. It's not a nice thing to talk about but, the treatment Ronaldo is getting, I'm worried about him.

"Keith Hackett is in a nice, comfortable position and does nothing really. I don't think he makes a contribution to the referees' performances in our country. That should be addressed. He's not doing his job properly. That guy will go and referee next week no problem. You see his favourites always get the games and that's disappointing."

Elated Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp contemplated a Wembley appearance in the semi-final, saying: "It's fantastic. To come here was the worst draw of the lot. It was a great performance. We came here the other week and got slaughtered but we've come back and turned it around. We worked, we had a plan and we stuck with it. You always have to ride your luck, they are a fantastic team. They are different class. We deserved our luck. It's a great day, great for the fans, I am delighted for them."

No wonder everybody hates them. f***ing knobbers. :rant:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Now all we need is for exactly the same to happen at Oakwell right now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
West Brom v Barnsley
Portsmouth v Cardiff

As I said - HALF a chance.

At least it's NOT Man U v Chelsea. That would be unbearable.

Much how I dont like either it would be a better than some we could have now.

Sadly Chelsea are getting better at Oakwell and it looks like thy are goin to win it now.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Really? thats rich coming from the biggest gobshite of them all - YOU

Why cowardly?

Fergie is right in this instance, anyone who watched the game will tell you the ref had a mare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here