Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get on large for Pompey to win the cup

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It has to be Banrsley for me at 10/1. They deserve it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And also if you are going to use one of my copyright phrases please get it right. large should be LARGE.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
1) I did see the game.

2) You are clearly a Manc lover-why else get so abusive?

3) They are almost certainly the most hated team in the country-regardless of how well they are supported.

4) Do your comments hurt? Not at all-that moaning twat Fergie and his band of divers have been knocked out of the cup, made even sweeter by the fact that it was thanks to a penalty. I have no problem with the way the went out-they've had enough of referees caving in to pressure from Fergie. What goes around.....

5) Carlos whatever his name is, is a disgrace because of his/Fergie's comments about the referee-however, we all know that because it's ManUre f*** all will be done about it. One of the reasons they are disliked by so many.

Does Fergie etc moan as much as that Prick Rafa at Liverpool? :shrug:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
i heard a statistic saying 95% of "man united fans" have not been to OT.

just because they sell out every week with day trippers and japs selling it out does not mean they are the "best supported team in the country".

I think you'll find that Japs and day trippers won't be able to buy tickets every week. Season tickets are still being sold in deceased names because families don't inform the ticket office that a family member has died. Someone else in the family takes it over. This is a fact from Old Trafford itself, when I went there. I was amongst a group taking students on the Old Trafford tour, not watching a match.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Has every body missed the point here. Pompey could win the bloody FA Cup!!!! Who cares about Man United. Pompey must not win the cup.

Come on Barnsley, WBA or anybody else!!

Is the right answer.

Cue Redknapp blithering on about miracles (ie ones performed by himself), when in reality they were second best throughout at Old Trafford, got a lucky late winner at Preston in the last round, and have now been gifted the easiest ride ever to the final.

Hmmm, with three Championship sides or a mediocre League One outfit to beat now, dodgy old 'Arry couldn't have chosen a kinder set-up if he'd personally slipped the big clubs brown envelopes stuffed with crisp notes.

I can't say I care either way about United, as I'm sure they couldn't give a shit about us, but I wouldn't cheer for Pompey if you paid me.

If you think it's good news, wait until you've seen the dozens of FA Cup special editions that Meridian Tonight and BBC South Today are no doubt preparing to show us over the next few weeks. By the time you've seen that hairy tattooed twat John Westwood filling your screens for the 250th time, you might start to think about buying a Cardiff City scarf ...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Is the right answer.

Cue Redknapp blithering on about miracles (ie ones performed by himself), when in reality they were second best throughout at Old Trafford, got a lucky late winner at Preston in the last round, and have now been gifted the easiest ride ever to the final.

Hmmm, with three Championship sides or a mediocre League One outfit to beat now, dodgy old 'Arry couldn't have chosen a kinder set-up if he'd personally slipped the big clubs brown envelopes stuffed with crisp notes.

I can't say I care either way about United, as I'm sure they couldn't give a shit about us, but I wouldn't cheer for Pompey if you paid me.

If you think it's good news, wait until you've seen the dozens of FA Cup special editions that Meridian Tonight and BBC South Today are no doubt preparing to show us over the next few weeks. By the time you've seen that hairy tattooed twat John Westwood filling your screens for the 250th time, you might start to think about buying a Cardiff City scarf ...

Yep. I can not stand them:tosser:

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
I agree, I really couldn't understand a load of Brighton fans cheering when Portsmouth scored in the pub before Carlisle.

Why do we even care about United?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I dont care who wins it now that all of the good teams in the country are out and the cup becomes a 2nd rate competition yet again.

I don't follow that logic. Since 1989, only 7 different teams have won the title. How is it a second rate competition if we have only one Premiership (sic) side contesting it? Last year was possibly the most boring cup final I have ever had the displeasure of watching.

I wonder if Dave Kitson still feels that Reading could not win the title. Seems like a good year for a newbie to lift the cup!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's a decent chance that Pompey will end up playing Cardiff, which begs the question: has there ever been such a large gathering of single cell amoebas in one place?

Sales of knocked off Burberry will rocket.

Does Fergie etc moan as much as that Prick Rafa at Liverpool? :shrug:

I think you'll find he moans almost as much as you f***ing Tottingham fans-not quite but a close second. And you lot out-moan everybody on the planet except Fergie.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Cardiff in the semi's, at Wembley, what's the chances them playing Pompey and the 657 getting together and taking on the welsh scum? Think WBA have history with Cardiff and didn't Barnsley take a firm down there a few years back? So wrong, the welsh in the semi's at wembley, and just plain wrong the semi's being there anyway

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think you'll find he moans almost as much as you f***ing Tottingham fans-not quite but a close second. And you lot out-moan everybody on the planet except Fergie.

Clearly.

We moan about fixtures
not having enough money
our owners
our players
The league being against us
Uefa being against us
The Refs being against us.

Benitez is the biggest prick by far in British football, I would rather Arsenal win the title than Liverpool with him in charge.

The only plus of Portsmouth winning the cup would be that there is a slight chance Liverpool may not get into Europe at all next year, that would be priceless.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is the right answer.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here