Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get behind McGhee he is seriously in credit with this club

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As I said earlier, first McGhee out mumblings on Harty's phone in Saturday , oh and a bloody great poll asking if McGhee should be sacked on NSC

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Sometimes it is good to go down and regroup. I'm a Leeds fan, and I think getting relegated was the best thing that happened to us. Hurt like hell, but now we are rebuilding.

MM has a poison chalice. I don't think anybody would be able to do any better.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
mona said:

The point is that for the last two seasons MM did a fantastic job. Why has he been so eager to rid the team of its physical solidity this season?

I think he has changed it because he felt that last year we scrapped some results out like West Ham Leicester etc where we all thought we would not get points, and therefore MM believed that he would have a better team this year so we would not haveto rely on these " fluke "results.

unfortunately the opposite has happened, in that we have not fully replaced Harding ( whatever people think about him, we have no full backs now) and also we have not replaced Virgo. McShane goes in December so we hopefully will have hinch back fit - but it is going to take him a good month to get proper match fit.

I tend to agree that we should abandon our attempt to play decent football, go backto a 1 up front in turenzo and pack the midfield and defence.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Controversy alert...Coppell left us when we were top on the old Second.

We scraped into the playoffs.
Would have won the league if he had stayed - but he is still scum according to some

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
as per my thread yesterday (see below)......... i can only agree

Total Support Required
Its the easy option calling for a change of management, but will it really work ? I doubt it, with all the given circumstances, Brighton & Hove Albion are not an easy club to run, and in my opinion let the present management structure have a go at doing what we all want, and that is surviving in the championship, at this stage if a new manager comes in, (however good his track record is) he will find it very hard, where as at least MM knows what this club is all about, in my opinion Mark Mcghee requires our total support and not added pressure, i really do believe that with alot of patience and understanding we will survive this season, of course we will have many frustrating days like yesterday, (didnt we have alot of those last season though !!) but as long as we end up at worse, 4th from bottom......who cares !!!!!!! SO COME ON YOU LOYAL PEOPLE, LETS GET BEHIND THE MANAGEMENT (i will now step down from the soap box and let others give there opinion )

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hitony said:
now step down from the soap box and let others give there opinion )

"their"

:rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"HERECY..........BURN HIM"

Only asking some questions, or is this some kind of 'if your not with us you're against us' US 'logic?'

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Soul Finger said:
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Why?

I rate him...otehr people tell me he is crap?

Sorry Mr Hitony...MOM Rule

Tubthumper.... was being sarcastic as that is what is normally put by people whop dare to question what is going on....Dont take it the wrong way mate

Uncle Buck said:
Where did you get that from, out of interest?

I remember there being a line in the Argus that an undisclosed fee thought to be in the 6 figure region had been paid. Never heard anything beyond that.

From the Argus, unsurprsingly enough. Honest, I'm not making it up :lolol:

Tubthumper said:
Let's clear one thing up. I have a few questions but I am not criticising anyone. I am simply curious as to the extent of the 'circumstances' which people feel are impeeding our progress, and more importantly how these are relative to other clubs. But, as I said, at this moment in time I do feel we should be doing better bottom placed.

My understanding is that we have paid cash for CKR, Carole and that tall Argentinian fella.

Your understanding is right in 2 out of 3 cases. But to pretend that £100k gets you a Championship level striker is a bit mischievous. It gets you someone who is young and untested who MIGHT work out if things go well, that's our level Tubthumper.

mona said:
The point is that for the last two seasons MM did a fantastic job. Why has he been so eager to rid the team of its physical solidity this season?

Because it wasn't a fail-safe method for keeping us up - nothing is.

It worked OK until about February last year and then went pear-shaped. We then scraped home and were lucky to do so - if a penalty has been awarded as it should have done on El Abd's challenge on Darren Bent, we might not have.

McGhee knew then that things had to change and be developed - the problem is the quality of player he needs for the new system might not be what we've got.

No one was complaining after the Plymouth game - it was all "why have Jakey and Albert been sitting in the reserves a year" :lolol:

Well, now we know.

I'm still pretty optimistic - we've got a gem like Carole we didn't have a year ago, a fantastic young defender like McShane and a player who's come on in leaps and bounds like Hammond.

What we haven't got is consistent strikers - Leon is still something of an enigma. I think the best of current bunch we have is CKR and we should stick with him for a while, and we need Big Mac back to launch from the bench to ruffle defences when they are looking as comfortable as Cardiff's was on Saturday.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
WATFORD zero said:
If we can get fourth from bottom again this season, playing a far better quality of football - that'll do for me

Magoo IN, Magoo IN :clap2: :clap2:

What he said :clap: :clap: :clap:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
McGhee out ???

What the hell is that about.

McGhee is seriously in credit with this football club and don't forget it.

Agree 100%

We need to keep faith in mad dog, players are probabley being niggled by the thing we are, Falmer, hope we get a good bouce up the table after a yes! Hopes.

2 wins out of 25 isn't actually setting our fans alight:ohmy: so if that is doing well, what is everyone's definition of doing average and doing badly:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here