Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get behind McGhee he is seriously in credit with this club

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
And you're such an unbiased source on this :lolol:
Bless. No more bias than anyone else obviously - I see as I find. And you're still not prepared to admit you're in the wrong because you misled everyone by using the wrong term?

London Irish said:
Lend us a tenner mate :)
Give us a rebel song, plastic. :D

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Oh, I see! You meant TRANSFER fee!

:thud:

After all that.....

Never mind though, your point was still a load of bollocks all the same. Targetmen at Championship level rarely cost anything like a £500,000 'signing fee'. For instance, Ricketts cost Leeds nothing, Shipperley cost Sheffield United nothing, Sidibe cost Stoke nothing, Thorne cost Norwich nothing, etc etc.

You mentioned Freddy Eastwood earlier. Since when has he been a target man?

Hang on, don't tell me: targetman is another football term you're not familiar with.

:thud: again.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We can't even afford their wages though.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
Do my views now look so outlandish now? A competent Championship level player will cost at least £500,000 to sign, won't they? Looking at the examples of Parkin, Tyson and Eastwood? Money we don't have even before the wages we couldn't afford.

The three players you've mentioned there are lower-division goalscorers who are not proven at this level at all. You've chosen three young hot prospects. Of course they will command decent fees.

But they aren't the type of player you're crying out for, are they (except maybe in Parkin's case)? Surely you need a big targetman to play alongside the lighhtweight strikers you do have?

Saturday's game was generally a piece of piss for our defence as you were unable to win anything the air. And that's no suprise given the size of your front men.

Simster said:
Bless. No more bias than anyone else obviously - I see as I find. And you're still not prepared to admit you're in the wrong because you misled everyone by using the wrong term?

Where did I say signing-on fee you unbiased fella?

Can you lend me 10p? :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
Can you lend me 10p? :lolol:
f*** me, the same LAME joke in your last 3 posts. And it doesn't even work considering I paid up this morning. Still, it's easier than admitting you are wrong I guess.

Simster said:
f*** me, the same LAME joke in your last 3 posts. And it doesn't even work considering I paid up this morning. Still, it's easier than admitting you are wrong I guess.

That's funny - your name is still up the top of NSC on the list. Obviously takes a bit of time for debtors to clear their good name.

(That's 4 by the way :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: )

The Laughing Bluebird said:
Oh, I see! You meant TRANSFER fee!

:thud:

After all that.....

Never mind though, your point was still a load of bollocks all the same. Targetmen at Championship level rarely cost anything like a £500,000 'signing fee'. For instance, Ricketts cost Leeds nothing, Shipperley cost Sheffield United nothing, Sidibe cost Stoke nothing, Thorne cost Norwich nothing, etc etc.

You mentioned Freddy Eastwood earlier. Since when has he been a target man?

Hang on, don't tell me: targetman is another football term you're not familiar with.

:thud: again.

You've got some brass neck coming back here after all your made-up crap about signing-on fees. Can you READ properly next time? :lolol:

But it seems you want to rehearse the same debate all over again. Bollocks, I'm game :clap2:

Now what did McGhee say was the problem of attracting the likes of players like Shipperley here - you know, in that Echo article that you so dilgently posted what seems days rather than hours ago?

Can you READ that properly? :lolol:

It mentions the stadium situation and our wages policy. These are the main reasons why Shipperley or any of those players did not come here, we can't afford them and we can't compete with clubs with decent facilties! That's why we went for CKR, because we also wanted a young player who would hold his value rather than an affordable has-been on the way down (we've been down that road with the likes of Paul Kitson) who we would get nothing back for.

SAKE, just because your club has nearly gone bankrupt spending money it doesn't really have on players, you seem to want to wish the same fate on us :salute:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Whilst everybody is going on about Eastwood we did try for him in the summer.(as did other clubs)
He didn't want to leave Southend. He didn't want to leave home (his statement on the Southend club site)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Plastic Spastic said:
That's funny - your name is still up the top of NSC on the list. Obviously takes a bit of time for debtors to clear their good name.

(That's 4 by the way :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: )
But mine is the last post on that thread you sad tit. You only had to read it to see.

Oh wait, it's the fabled plastic "misunderstanding".

Originally posted by Simster
Ten quid just sent. You can finally remove me from the hall of shame. Sorry for the intransigence and shameful delay.
Everyone reads it as "Simster has paid". Except you. :jester:

Last edited:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Yorkie said:
Whilst everybody is going on about Eastwood we did try for him in the summer.(as did other clubs)
He didn't want to leave Southend. He didn't want to leave home (his statement on the Southend club site)

and now he's on the sub's bench for the Shrimpers.

Cant understand why he didnt want to leave home, I live in Basildon and cant stand the place

Now I know why you hated the Wrexham-Brighton Fan utd scarf so much. You just couldn't afford one :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here