Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gerrard Confirmed as Villa Boss

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I used to work with a Celtic fan, one of the biggest twats I've ever met. Openly racist about anyone who wasn't a sweaty, walked about singing either Celtic or IRA songs who he supported because it gave him a platform to hate the english. absolutely nothing to like about the bell end.

So you've met a horrible Celtic fan? I've got a similar story; I once met a horrible Aberdeen fan...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Had an email from a Villa supporting chum today:

Very sorry for Smith, as he was a life long supporter himself and a decent man, but it became clear he could not match the owners' ambitions and he could not take them to the level they aspired to.

Gerrard is a bit of a gamble, Purslow will be gone too if it does not work. Hopefully he will sort out the midfield which is the serious issue, as I mentioned some time back we always struggle against the clogging sides as we have no physical presence, no enforcer. Clearly if SG is successful he will have his eyes on the Liverpool job, by which time hopefully we will be upper middle of table and can call upon a "name" manager to take over for the next stage of this saga.

I think what clinched it was the experience he and his team had bringing through and developing the Liverpool youngsters.

Don't think the players will have such an easy ride as they got under Smith. But still fancy a Brighton away win.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
My post was more amused than intended as anything ‘outraged’ or ‘scream for a policeman’ :thumbsup:

Hard to tell these days, the slightest thing is now considered monumentally offensive without even knowing it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It cuts both ways, a different faith of Christian schooling and colour green instead of blue doesn't produce well behaved working class football supporters in Belfast, Glasgow and wider Lanarkshire. Celtic supporters have caused trouble home and abroad, a year ago they attacked the police and Celtic officials.

Both clubs have huge support, each home game sees legions converging from across all the British Isles, preseason 'friendlies' elsewhere all the way back to the 1970's eg in England see 10,000's turning up to take over cities for the weekend. Because of that, they tend to get swerved.

Eeeeeeee . Don't be roping us Lanarkshire Lads in with those Glezga Nut jobs :)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is this really a step up for Gerrard ?
Yes, unequivocally.

Bad news for us too - Potter likes to plan for each match, I think, and would surely have had a plan to deal wiyh Dean Smith's Villa. Now, Gerrard will have had a week to work with his new team (and he's no mug!), and Potter will have no way of knowing what to expect, what to plan to counteract.
A draw would now be a good result I think, unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here