Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gerrard Confirmed as Villa Boss

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
more worried about united sacking ollie and them going after brendon Rogers as potter would go Leicester

MU going to sack an underperforming manager compared to last season and appoint with another underperforming manager compared to last season? A sacked Liverpool manager too boot. Think you're worrying about a few too many 'what ifs'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you imagine the '' Implosion of the Media '' if their '' Three Musketeers '' Eddie Howe, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard all get relegated in one fell swoop next May - Along with the Relegation of the 4th Musketeer '' D'artagnan Rooney '' getting relegated from the Championship

The end of the World is ''Nigh '' I tell ya

Who is Lampard managing to get relegated?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's been excellent at Rangers. He's obviously ambitious and the Villa job is a good stepping stone to the next level. My only question is whether it's a year or two too soon. Anyway, wish him well (after his disastrous first match in charge, of course).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's been excellent at Rangers. He's obviously ambitious and the Villa job is a good stepping stone to the next level. My only question is whether it's a year or two too soon. Anyway, wish him well (after his disastrous first match in charge, of course).

Winning the league with that number of points was definitely.. excellent. But the manner they went out of the CL qualification - one man up for 45 minutes and one goal up, then losing 2-1... a little bit shit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surprised he didn't stick it out. If Rangers win the league they get into Champions League group stages right? Would have been better to have proven himself at that level? But then not much in terms of money / transfer budgets

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And let's not forget that Gerrard isn't Scottish!

I have noted previous Rangers (and one Celtic) manager who moved south and bombed as managers. Where did I say Gerrard is a sweaty? I didn't. :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Surprised he didn't stick it out. If Rangers win the league they get into Champions League group stages right? Would have been better to have proven himself at that level? But then not much in terms of money / transfer budgets

No. They played in the qualification rounds for CL this year, going out against Malmö FF.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No. They played in the qualification rounds for CL this year, going out against Malmö FF.

What about next season?

[tweet]1372668101678993408[/tweet]

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
more worried about united sacking ollie and them going after brendon Rogers as potter would go Leicester

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Doubt it Potter gets away with things here no wins for 6 games at a club with much higher expectations wouldn’t go down well.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Lampard potentially to Norwich....

Can this PL relegation battle accommodate them both?

the premier league have stipulated they are not willing to let them compete in the middle. As long as one of them remain a relegation contender then no need to worry

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I responded to a couple of side by side posts that indicated he was potentially going to end up at Norwich

Will be interesting to see if he is dumb enough to take that job. I think he'd get the chance somewhere iin due time f he just takes a chill pill. Norwich job should be for someone who is either a bit desperate or some foreigner wanting to get into English football.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Will be interesting to see if he is dumb enough to take that job. I think he'd get the chance somewhere iin due time f he just takes a chill pill. Norwich job should be for someone who is either a bit desperate or some foreigner wanting to get into English football.

They're going down this season, but there are worse jobs out there. A stable, sensible club with a decent fan base and promising young players

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this is a great move for Steven Gerrard. He seems a smart guy, judging by the choices he has made so far in his managerial career.

He coached Liverpool's youth team, then Under-18s, took over Rangers at the right time when they were on an upward curve, knocked back Newcastle in 2019 because he realised he didn't have the experience for that job, he then built a side to challenge Celtic, then he blew them away last season. Having gone undefeated in 2020/21 Rangers didn't strengthen in the summer and consequently Celtic have made up ground, so I can see why he wants to move now.

Villa have been punching below their weight for quite a while, and Grealish papered over the cracks. Regular Top 10 finishes should be attainable for that club, so the opportunity is there for Gerrard. I think he is a better manager than Dean Smith, I think he can steady the ship and then kick on next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here