Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Barker

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
When has El Abds height stopped him against much bigger strikers when defending and which of our central defenders, Greer Upson El Abd and Dunk has scored this season.

El-Abd's height has never been his strength though. He wins headers because 90% of the time he has his arms wrapped around the opponent

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Didnt think he had scored this season yet but I am obviously wrong I know El Abd has. The added bonus had it worked and we scored twice we would have had an extra defender on the field to thwart their attacks. Disregarding what others think IMHO it was worth a chance more so than pinning our hopes on an inexperienced DS player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
El-Abd's height has never been his strength though. He wins headers because 90% of the time he has his arms wrapped around the opponent
Preferably in their box than ours. The more arguments that people try to put up against this idea the more it adds weight in favour of it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Didnt think he had scored this season yet.

Header from a corner, away to Burnley.

El Abd The added bonus had it worked and we scored twice we would have had an extra defender on the field to thwart their attacks. Disregarding what others think IMHO it was worth a chance more so than pinning our hopes on an inexperienced DS player.

Did you leave with 5 mins to go today? You ARE aware that the changes he chose to make DID result in a goal?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Header from a corner, away to Burnley.

Did you leave with 5 mins to go today? You ARE aware that the changes he chose to make DID result in a goal?

Yes it did but not from his substitution and I think that we could have scored 2 goals if we could have stopped Morgan playing so well and winning every through ball either in the air or on the ground. A win could have made play offs nearly certain

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes it did but not from his substitution and I think that we could have scored 2 goals if we could have stopped Morgan playing so well and winning every through ball either in the air or on the ground. A win could have made play offs nearly certain

Maybe we should have kidnapped Morgan ...nicked his boots?

Oct 25, 2003
Go for this line up in the next game:

Gk: Bridge
Rb: Ulloa
Cb: Agdestein
Cb: Lualua
Lb: Brezovan
Dm: Buckley
Cm: Harley
Am: Painter
Rw: Ankergren
Cf: El-Abd
Lw: Dunk

Would be unexpected and surely 'worth a go'

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So this isn't really a thread about Barker who did, as everyone else notes, perfectly fine. It's a thread about how you want us to have a back up strike force of Dickenson and El Abd.

*whispers to nurse that it's past meds time*

Is Virgo still available?

So, did we score in the 80 minutes Barker wasn't on, or in the 10 minutes he was on?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Go for this line up in the next game:

Gk: Bridge
Rb: Ulloa
Cb: Agdestein
Cb: Lualua
Lb: Brezovan
Dm: Buckley
Cm: Harley
Am: Painter
Rw: Ankergren
Cf: El-Abd
Lw: Dunk

Would be unexpected and surely 'worth a go'

I love that you put Harley in his (apparently) preferred position! :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I felt the same way, go 4-4-2 and give it a smack. Barker is the kind of guy to play off a striker like Ulloa, I think we needed a change of shape today and Barker should have been the perfect solution.

Pity Buckley got injured so early and changed everything. Selfish Google!

Buckley - at least his early departure, prevented him from getting the blame on NSC from all those blaming his performances for our dire lack of wins.

But before and after he went off, the away teams dominated the game, so his departure was not a turning point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here