Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What's the biggest picture size Mb that can be uploaded from my computer - it keeps failing.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Back seat driver

teddy.jpg

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Hi everyone - apologies if this has already been discussed, but...

Looking back over the last 15 or so pages of this thread, there are a few mentions of Flickr, but I couldn't see any reference to a specific group. Is there a North Stand Chatters group on Flickr, or similar? This is a fantastic thread with some great images and discussion too, but with only 20 posts per page I wondered if that was a good way for me to catch up with everyone's pictures!

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Just bought myself this flash to go on my lens so I can get better quality photos for macro photography. Thought I would share it all with you.

Attachments

• WP_20150107_18_46_18_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150107_18_46_18_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 174

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brighton 2008-12 (32).jpg

En route to the hallowed ground.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Just bought myself this flash to go on my lens so I can get better quality photos for macro photography. Thought I would share it all with you.

By coincidence I got that for Christmas - a cracking bit of kit for less than £30.

Here is a close up of an empty Fererro Rocher box

DSC_2459.JPG

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
By coincidence I got that for Christmas - a cracking bit of kit for less than £30.

Here is a close up of an empty Fererro Rocher box

View attachment 61572

That's a very good photo. I like that.
I purchased it on its reviews, I have never seen such a bright flash on a camera. Just going to read the manual and check it out but just powered it up and it seems amazing.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Looking back over the last 15 or so pages of this thread, there are a few mentions of Flickr, but I couldn't see any reference to a specific group. Is there a North Stand Chatters group on Flickr, or similar? This is a fantastic thread with some great images and discussion too, but with only 20 posts per page I wondered if that was a good way for me to catch up with everyone's pictures!

I don't think there is a specific NSC group on Flickr.

I mentioned it in a post as someone was asking about storing photographs in the cloud and they have a free 1TB storage facility for non professionals.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Another of my sun set photos from yesterday. The Perspex anti-pigeon spikes were catching the sun, setting immediately behind, lighting them up stunningly as if plugged in to the mains.

Attachments

• Pigeon wire NSC.jpg
    Pigeon wire NSC.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 159

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Lovely photo. I need to take ideas from yourself and he others on here.

Thanks Zukey. That's a lovely compliment. I've only been taking photography seriously for the last year or so, when I was hopeless, but I look at other peoples' photos, read loads on the internet on different photo sites, and now fully understand my camera and seem to be developing a style. The main thing I do different now is to really look deeply at everything and I'm permanently looking at things as though I'm looking through a lens. I also carry my camera around a lot more now.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Thanks Zukey. That's a lovely compliment. I've only been taking photography seriously for the last year or so, when I was hopeless, but I look at other peoples' photos, read loads on the internet on different photo sites, and now fully understand my camera and seem to be developing a style. The main thing I do different now is to really look deeply at everything and I'm permanently looking at things as though I'm looking through a lens. I also carry my camera around a lot more now.

I am very envious of you good people that live on the coast, wonderful structures, the sea and the sunsets.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
That's a very good photo. I like that.
I purchased it on its reviews, I have never seen such a bright flash on a camera. Just going to read the manual and check it out but just powered it up and it seems amazing.

I'm not a great lover of flash, so I use mine mainly as a fill in light, often at its lowest setting, and with a choice of left or right illumination you can choose your own shadows.

Schoolboy humour I know, but I love calling it a ring flash!

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot

We do have a Flickr group but it never really got going properly...

https://www.flickr.com/groups/bhafc/pool/

My stream is https://www.flickr.com/photos/jjwillow/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here