General Photography thread

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Thanks for looking. Have hooked up with yours Jack, will take a look later.
Only joined a few weeks ago and not au fait with a lot of it, but like the photography, I think I'm getting the hang of it?
Any Flickr tips would be much appreciated.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Only joined a few weeks ago and not au fait with a lot of it, but like the photography, I think I'm getting the hang of it?
Any Flickr tips would be much appreciated.

Find groups your photos will fit in, add them and wait the feedback or people fave'ing them or begin to follow you

Fave people pics, chances are they will do the same and followers will increase

:thumbsup:

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Cuckmere.jpg

Sunset tonight over the Haven.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
attachment.php

Razorbill taken in Eastbourne Harbour just before Christmas.

My Flickr is here if anyone is interested in more wildlife pics:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/113705216@N08/
Just visited this site. Beautiful bird photos, something I want to get in to. It looks like you use a 400 prime lens? I'm looking at getting an 80-400 for my Nikon d7100. Would this lens be any good or should I get a prime 400? On average, how far away are you from your target?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Just visited this site. Beautiful bird photos, something I want to get in to. It looks like you use a 400 prime lens? I'm looking at getting an 80-400 for my Nikon d7100. Would this lens be any good or should I get a prime 400? On average, how far away are you from your target?

Very kind. Thanks. Hard to say about the 80-400 as I use Canon so do not know about Nikon lenses. In terms of canon lenses I use the 400mm prime as it is sharper the the equivelant zoom lens. Hard to say about distances - I would guess about 20-30 feet on average. Without doubt the most important thing about bird photography is getting close - it is also the hardest thing!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Second most important thing is getting the eye(s) in focus, rather than a beak, wing, or bottle of hot sauce.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Falmer /Amex Watch Photos - Flickr?

I took a few photos of the Amex during its build. Although of no artistic merit as such, would a few hundred photos of our stadium documenting its progress from a muddy field to the completed structure be the sort of thing that would enhance Flickr, or is this site not for this type of thing. Although you could find them here on NSC, the collection is fragmented, so by putting them on Flickr, they would instead all be in one place.
The photos are just sitting in my computer, and I'm sure there's lots of people who would be interested in them, even if they followed my "Falmer Watch" at the time.
Any thoughts?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I took a few photos of the Amex during its build. Although of no artistic merit as such, would a few hundred photos of our stadium documenting its progress from a muddy field to the completed structure be the sort of thing that would enhance Flickr, or is this site not for this type of thing. Although you could find them here on NSC, the collection is fragmented, so by putting them on Flickr, they would instead all be in one place.
The photos are just sitting in my computer, and I'm sure there's lots of people who would be interested in them, even if they followed my "Falmer Watch" at the time.
Any thoughts?

Graeme, most definitely! They are historical records! :)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Any thoughts?

It's definitely worth doing. You could create a personal 'album' on there, and/or put some in a shared 'group'. There's one HERE just called "Brighton & Hove Albion FC" - it's not one I've created or anything, just one I found by searching - others may know a better one.

I remember your photos back during the construction - they were great and I agree it would be better to have a collection together rather than fragmented.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here