Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
These were taken last year on my phone. It has the usual "effects" menu and I thought I'd see if Ye olde worlde effect was any good. I reckon it did ok.

View attachment 61487

View attachment 61489

View attachment 61488

View attachment 61490 IMG_20140729_1251051_zps2e98c150.jpgimage-2292c12bac20f9e374128ed8efff67028f4d0f1a8b0b2e4c662dbf3c973dff00-V_zps4ea5bae3.jpgDSC_1003_zpsaee9bbb9.jpgDSC_1005_zpsd77ed6a8.jpg

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Great pic with a lot going on. I've always wondered how they clear the pebbles back down to the beach. Is there a machine that does it?

thank you, i was wondering that myself because i can not imagine someone going along with a spade!! haha.
They must use a digger or something similar. The council done well to clear it all so quick.
i got some very unique pictures that week it was mad on the seafront.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
DSCN1966-edit.jpg

Took this one of the people gathering on a arm to see how big the waves would get. changed the shutter speed so you could see the moment of impact when the wave hit the arm

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm a beginner to all this.
Sorry, now I feel like a ****. Take it as a compliment that I didn't think you were a beginner :D

What you want me to change ?
What editing software do you use? If you don't have any yet, and you're keen on photography, you should get some - advice to come.

With your editing software, you should make the sea in each of your pictures level (flat), it will look better.

EDIT:
Ok, now I don't feel so bad...
I'm sure that's the culprit on that post!
Would you like me to straighten your photo for you? Otherwise, good shooting.

On your camera does it have a option to enable a grid on the screen. Then you can line up the horizon with the lines on your camera screen (rule of thirds)
Not long ago you were telling someone else how to straighten their horizons :D

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I do try that more now as I have got a grid up on the display. I think I need all the help i can get.
I use photoshop elements came with my bridge camera. Sorry, hopefully I can get all the help from you all.
I'm actually out at the moment trying to find some places to go. Just been at the rockery. 😊

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Sorry, now I feel like a ****. Take it as a compliment that I didn't think you were a beginner :D

What editing software do you use? If you don't have any yet, and you're keen on photography, you should get some - advice to come.

With your editing software, you should make the sea in each of your pictures level (flat), it will look better.

EDIT:
Ok, now I don't feel so bad...

Not long ago you were telling someone else how to straighten their horizons :D

hahaha
oppps
just seen that
lol
thats embarrassing. those pics were all taken on my bridge camera and now i have upgraded to an slr but just reading a book on it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do try that more now as I have got a grid up on the display.
Although it's good to do what you can when you take the shot, horizons are easiest to get perfect in software. I don't use elements, but it will have a little tool to straighten the photo for you (manually). If the sea is in the photo, always have it level (unless being deliberately 'arty').

eg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RyWhSLclN0

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Although it's good to do what you can when you take the shot, horizons are easiest to get perfect in software. I don't use elements, but it will have a little tool to straighten the photo for you (manually). If the sea is in the photo, always have it level (unless being deliberately 'arty').

eg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RyWhSLclN0

Thank you. i was going to put some others up but i will go with this one of a dog just coming out of the water, i love using shutterspeeds, one of my favourite modes.

DSCN0622-edit.jpgDSCN0625-edit.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Experimenting with tripod and slow shutter speed.

Attachments

• Brighton Pier.JPG
    Brighton Pier.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 251

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Out in the sun set again today. Saw some shadow photos on the Brighton & Hove Camera Club web site, so thought I'd have a go.

Attachments

• Bus reflection nsc 1.jpg
    Bus reflection nsc 1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 235

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Out in the sun set again today. Saw some shadow photos on the Brighton & Hove Camera Club web site, so thought I'd have a go.
I like it. No need to admit you borrowed the idea :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here