Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gareth Thomas "comes out"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Personally I'll never forgive them for their completely fabricated 'article' years back about the N64's GoldenEye game. Still makes my blood boil:rant:

Anywhere this is viewable online? Or can you sum up what it said otherwise?

Let me guess:

Goldeneye turns your kids into Illegal Immigrants
Teachers are forcing Goldeneye onto YOUR children
Goldeneye in subliminal pro-gay pro-drugs messages shock

Am I close?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Do you copy and paste all your posts?

Don't care what side of the political spectrum you are on, bashing the Daily Mail for it's cocktail of hate, half-truths and out and out lies should come naturally to anyone with half a brain.

Personally I'll never forgive them for their completely fabricated 'article' years back about the N64's GoldenEye game. Still makes my blood boil:rant:
Good.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Do you copy and paste all your posts?

Don't care what side of the political spectrum you are on, bashing the Daily Mail for it's cocktail of hate, half-truths and out and out lies should come naturally to anyone with half a brain.

Hahahahah , ive just googled this, i literally CANNOT believe what a grade one cock you really are, grow up you clown :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Anywhere this is viewable online? Or can you sum up what it said otherwise?

Let me guess:

Goldeneye turns your kids into Illegal Immigrants
Teachers are forcing Goldeneye onto YOUR children
Goldeneye in subliminal pro-gay pro-drugs messages shock

Am I close?
British government wastes YOUR taxes oppressing small businessmen in Russia. You couldn't make it up.

Most homophobic country in the World is Iran...anyone who is found to be gay is executed, though apparently they have a choice of which method, hanging, stoning, bullet or being thrown off a cliff.

I would say there are worse than Iran although it is a shit country for homosexuals.

Paradoxically it is however without a doubt the most liberal and tolreant towards transexuals. For some reason Khomeni (sp?) issued a fatwah before he died supporting the right of transexuals to have gender re-assignment and Iran is now one of the most, if not the most, tolerant towards transgendered people.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would say there are worse than Iran although it is a shit country for homosexuals.

Paradoxically it is however without a doubt the most liberal and tolreant towards transexuals. For some reason Khomeni (sp?) issued a fatwah before he died supporting the right of transexuals to have gender re-assignment and Iran is now one of the most, if not the most, tolerant towards transgendered people.
Fascinating stuff.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Are you one then, or just a camp follower? I don't despise open homosexuals, only all those who pretend it doesn't offend them, until they get it thrust in their face.

And they often seem to have lesbian wives or girlfriends.....:rolleyes:

I wasn't going to dignify that comment with a reply, but...

Why do you feel it is necessary to ask? As it happens, I am not. In the past I have worked with a number of gays of both genders, and mostly found them to be perfectly pleasant human beings - as indeed are most straight people.

A person's sexuality is of little concern to me - why should it be? I have met my life's partner and have all I need at home. What matters to me is a person's humanity; how they regard, support and cherish fellow human beings.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I think it's pretty brave of someone who's been living in denial for most or all of their adult life to finally come clean, so to speak. (OK that's my first and last double entendre!) Particularly for a macho sportsman to admit to being gay.

Yes, you're right I was unaware of the situation. Apart from not caring a jot about the silly oval-balled toff pastime, I care even less about which of them like men or women. Couldn't care less.

But it would seem to be a big deal for him, for her and for his club. Who is this “certain high profile Irish rugby player who is a well known homosexual”? Does his wife know? If he's gay but he's not telling anyone then frankly were back at the whole crux of the thread again. Why should he live a secret because a load of bigots who have their own issues about homosexuality don't think it's appropriate? It's feckin rugby for christ's sake! Who cares? Gays in the Army lowering morale? Utter bollox too! The Dutch army proves that this isn't the case.

I think it's hard to talk about her bravery, when we don't know what she knew and when. I expect she didn't know, so where's the bravery in being deceived?

I'd say she was just plain unlucky to have married someone who wasn't being honest about their sexuality.

I think you miss the point, so lets be clear this was not news to many, many, many people, and it was known for around the last 3-4 years. The simple fact is that Thomas was not abused at matches by any 'bigots' during this time and I would suggest that was because he never made any big deal about his sexuality? I sense you are maybe disappointed with that reality.

Anyway that's the point! Thomas's sexuality didn't matter because he was a great rugby player, and that was how he represented himself publically.

As for the Irish player I will not name, he is not married but it is well known that he's gay. He does lots of stuff for aids charities over there, and as I said he has not done a splash, he just goes quietly about his business; first and foremost he's a great rugby player. If you are desperate I am sure you can find something on google.

I guess my view is that it would have been braver for Thomas not to have dragged a woman into his deception and to that extent in my view she is not unlucky. In fact we now know that she was part of the 'straight' trojan horse Thomas built himself to further his own sporting ambitions. You may want to reflect that he's brave, not me.

Don't know what the Dutch Army has got to do with this thread?

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I think you miss the point, so lets be clear this was not news to many, many, many people, and it was known for around the last 3-4 years. The simple fact is that Thomas was not abused at matches by any 'bigots' during this time and I would suggest that was because he never made any big deal about his sexuality? I sense you are maybe disappointed with that reality.

Anyway that's the point! Thomas's sexuality didn't matter because he was a great rugby player, and that was how he represented himself publically.

As for the Irish player I will not name, he is not married but it is well known that he's gay. He does lots of stuff for aids charities over there, and as I said he has not done a splash, he just goes quietly about his business; first and foremost he's a great rugby player. If you are desperate I am sure you can find something on google.

I guess my view is that it would have been braver for Thomas not to have dragged a woman into his deception and to that extent in my view she is not unlucky. In fact we now know that she was part of the 'straight' trojan horse Thomas built himself to further his own sporting ambitions. You may want to reflect that he's brave, not me.

Don't know what the Dutch Army has got to do with this thread?

I'm sorry, but I think you totally miss the point.

This thread was started with a lame homophobic 'joke', and some good ol' gay-related seagull baiting. Whether Gareth Thomas was left alone during his career is irrelevant now because the homophobic hacks at The Scum and the Daily Nail are working overtime to make a big deal out of it all, along with anyone else (no names mentioned) who decides to stick their oar in, here or anywhere else. These are the bigots that I refer to. This thread is about homophobia. That's the f***ing point.

If Thomas' wife knew about his sexuality all along, then she was a willing participant in the charade, and must've expected this to happen sooner or later. How, exactly, do you then postulate that she was “dragged into his deception”?

The Irish player doesn't sound to me like he's living a lie. If he does stuff for AIDS charities and it is “well known that he's gay” then it sounds like he's already come out. Again, Google won't be necessary as I really couldn't give a shit who or what he is, or who he likes to sleep with.

The point about the Dutch army is very relevant because they have a very, very different attitude towards bigotry and homosexuality. The fact that one of our club heroes was in that army only serves to make the point a bit more relevant to us.

Your sense of my disappointment at the “reality” of Thomas not being abused at games is well off the mark. In fact, that just comes off looking like a lame attempt to flame. Oh well...

It's really very simple. I think it's brave to come out, when the world is full of homophobes and bigots, and you have my heartfelt sympathies if you can neither accept nor understand this.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So you are willing to admit that the Mail does sometimes print snide articles that display homophobia, yes? Regardless of whether it's an "outing" or not.

Not as much as the Daily Sport and the Sun do almost every day but then neither has the reputation of nailling the left at every turn and sellling about 10 times as many issues.:thumbsup:

Bleating about the Mail is just a form of facism and those who endulge are to stupid to realise it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
By the standards of the middle east 3000 years ago?

So not giving a shit about some issue is a moral crime in your book? f***ing hell I'm glad people like you are goofing off on here all the time and not exercising any kind of authority over other people.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
whereas his comment puts him in 1950's America.

Oh the f***ing Ironey.

firstly not giving a shit about an issue is the equivellent of Athiesm, agnostasism as a form of abstention. YOUR OBJECTION TO IT IS A RELIGOUS STANCE.

Secondly Homosexuality was illeagal in 1950's USA. supporting Criminalisation and not giving a shit about peoples attitudes to wards a Leagal activity are hardly equivelent.

Your Obviously not smart enough to engage me in open debate, try to desist as in future I wont repeat it but just link your bumbling illogical rambling in this thread.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
being a Welshman and not getting hate mail from his countrymen ............you are joking ....now I know I come from what everybody outside Brighton calls "the gay capital of Europe" and having lived in Wales long enough to know they are probably one of the most homophobic nations there can be, it will be quiet I grant you but he will know just how people feel and I'm sure his mailbox will be full .and not of Christmas cards.
My Mrs has never liked him and we do see plenty of him here always says the man has a "chip on his shoulder" and as she said this morning she now knows why.
Some of our gay friends in Brighton will no doubt be having a quiet laugh right now tinged with a little sympathy and I must admit I see the guy in a very different light and whatever anyone says it takes a man to "come out" as he has

People here have just lost the plot...doesnt matter whether you are from Wales, Brighton, Timbuktoo, whether you have a boyfriend in Brighton, whether you are hetro, .....why do people think that 'she always thinks he has a chip on his shoulder' etc ..........its garbage. Just think of how the man has had to go about telling his wife and kids,,, lets all grow up here.
IT DOESNT MATTER.....great Rugby player ... thats it....nothing else concerns us . He is a great Welsh Rugby player . Nothing else should concern us.

People here have just lost the plot...doesnt matter whether you are from Wales, Brighton, Timbuktoo, whether you have a boyfriend in Brighton, whether you are hetro, .....why do people think that 'she always thinks he has a chip on his shoulder' etc ..........its garbage. Just think of how the man has had to go about telling his wife and kids,,, lets all grow up here.
IT DOESNT MATTER.....great Rugby player ... thats it....nothing else concerns us . He is a great Welsh Rugby player . Nothing else should concern us.

I think it's absolutely disgusting. To hide behind his rugby image for years, then to finally reveal he has always been a CARDIFF CITY FAN makes me want to puke.

As for him being gay, everyone in Wales has known about it for ages, so hardly a surprise. He's knobbing one of the other Welsh players apparently. The 'other guy' is probably more embarassed to admit that he's with him more than anything else.

url

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I think it's absolutely disgusting. To hide behind his rugby image for years, then to finally reveal he has always been a CARDIFF CITY FAN makes me want to puke.

As for him being gay, everyone in Wales has known about it for ages, so hardly a surprise. He's knobbing one of the other Welsh players apparently. The 'other guy' is probably more embarassed to admit that he's with him more than anything else.

url

As you say, this was/is one of the worse kept secrets in Rugby, as is the ‘secret’ that a couple of other Welsh players are gay.

I think that not only is he too ugly to be gay, he's also to ugly to play in the three quarters, I mean what is the world coming too …..

The only real problem that I have with Gareth Thomas is that he is Welsh and a damn fine rugby player who has caused England no end of problems in the past.

Mind you …. a Cardiff City fan …. I mean something’s are just unforgiveable

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Literally one of the worst posts I've ever read, I presume its joke?

And to awnser your last question, if you don't understand any of the reasons he may not have 'come out' before then you ought to think about that.

I don't know how to awnser Sir, but it's no joke.

By the way I got a raging stiffie watching a lot of "Basic Instinct" last night, I take it you went out with "friends"?

I find it incredibly hypocritical that a man who has patently misrepresented his private life for years in order to avoid criticism has chosen NOW to go to a paper and tell everyone about his sexual preferences. Was he paid do you think? I think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here