Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedom of speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Haha, it does the same to me also. Did you know that you're my second favourite poster on NSC behind the legend that is Meades Ball? :kiss: (maybe the kiss was too much.....)

I'm honoured, as well as a little confused, as I don't think I've contributed anything whatsoever. Ha, I'll take that though, cheers.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Probably been said before, but freedom of speech is essential in a democracy, but the NSC isn't a democracy. For better or worse, it belongs to the [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] fella, and whoever he chooses to help him moderate. In other words it is a private enterprise, so if you don't like the constraints imposed - fairly or not in your opinion matters not - take your schtick elsewhere or start your own forum.

I got a mild bollocking off Bozza last night, for getting annoyed at that CPFC1234 idiot and demanding action. Fair enough, it has zero impact on my life and matters not. My ego will survive.

On the whole I think he and his other mods do a fine job here, they ARE NOT always going to call it right, but it's their train set and they set the rules

My two penneth worth

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
NSC is 100% right on this issue, this is not some red top,or celeb mag scoop,and if we are to respect the law then we have to respect those involved.......

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
It's my fault really, I think it might be too subtle. If I quick read through a thread I've posted on I do sometimes think 'hello, what's this scally got to say for himself...' before realising its me. :facepalm:

I thought it was all about the irony, I think I even got in above my own head. I would do a facepalm but my smilies are not working. Anyone know what controls whether they work or not. They are not disabled in my text.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We are not allowing any naming.....give it time and it will all work out i'm sure........Bozza has made it clear in his sticky at the top of the main page.

I appreciate what your saying but want to stop any further speculation at this time :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong I completely agree with the NSC stance - I just find it very strange that one of the six has been named publicly and not the other five - not that any should have been named !

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I don't always agree with the Mods but on this occasion they have my sympathy. As with any legal case, until any charges/convictions occur, you really are playing with fire.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably been said before, but freedom of speech is essential in a democracy, but the NSC isn't a democracy. For better or worse, it belongs to the [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] fella, and whoever he chooses to help him moderate. In other words it is a private enterprise, so if you don't like the constraints imposed - fairly or not in your opinion matters not - take your schtick elsewhere or start your own forum.

I got a mild bollocking off Bozza last night, for getting annoyed at that CPFC1234 idiot and demanding action. Fair enough, it has zero impact on my life and matters not. My ego will survive.

On the whole I think he and his other mods do a fine job here, they ARE NOT always going to call it right, but it's their train set and they set the rules

My two penneth worth

We don't have absolute freedom of speech in the UK, so how can NSC be any different?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't get me wrong I completely agree with the NSC stance - I just find it very strange that one of the six has been named publicly and not the other five - not that any should have been named !

They will be soon and as far as I am conerned they are innocent until proven guilty. I also feel sexual assault cases should be anonymous until the outcome of the trial is known. Even if found innocent it is " no smoke without fire " and tarnishes names.

Last edited:

Jan 12, 2012
The players names will soon be out in the public domain, unfortunately the papers love a story about footballers. Untill that happens,the rumour mill be be working overtime, and for your club its the last thing you need. IF charges are brought against the players,and only IF, they musn't be judged by anyone. Sadly some doughnuts will take the opportunity to stoke it up a bit,and with the game under 2 weeks away,the timing couldnt have been worse/better ( depending who you support )
The 6 players now have to get on with their lives untill such time that they are proven innocent or guilty,its not going to be easy for them,and it could tarnish them for the rest of their careers.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here