Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedom of speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
NSC has NEVER professed to offer anyone complete freedom of expression, including speech.

If that is what you want, you will have to find another more suitable medium.

That said, NSC is far more lenient than many similar forums, and most seem to like that whilst respecting how far they should go.

unless you dont like wrexham

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Crikey, bit of a day for you all. Completely support the moderators position on this. NSC is, by far, one of the most diverse, amusing football forums around. But, and with a great deal of respect, it can become a right binfest.....and the topic preoccupying BHAFC supporters today would of turned this into a festival of binfest today.

I wish you all well

Up the Albion

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I started a thread with the first press report relating to this incident before it had appeared anywhere else. I'll admit that briefly my "I love NSC breaking a story"-self got the better of my "need to be careful"-self and I didn't think through the full implications of a free-for-all open discussion on it. Stupid or naive? Possibly stupidly naive.

Given I, and most of the other mods, have day jobs it quickly became clear that we'd never be able to keep up with discussions. As it was NSC was approaching record usage with c2400 concurrent online users and reported posts were flooding in. Additionally as soon as something is written then that is that - all it takes is a screenshot to be taken and both NSC, and the person who made the posting, could be a whole heap of trouble. And don't believe it won't happen - NSC is under a big microscope when it comes to all Albion matters and don't forget that we 'have form'.

did you give yourself and infraction?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
*** Being very careful not to break anyones rules *** ..... but how come the it's OK for Bournemouth to name their player involved - surely that's not right ?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
*** Being very careful not to break anyones rules *** ..... but how come the it's OK for Bournemouth to name their player involved - surely that's not right ?

We are not allowing any naming.....give it time and it will all work out i'm sure........Bozza has made it clear in his sticky at the top of the main page.

I appreciate what your saying but want to stop any further speculation at this time :thumbsup:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
It's my fault really, I think it might be too subtle. If I quick read through a thread I've posted on I do sometimes think 'hello, what's this scally got to say for himself...' before realising its me. :facepalm:

Haha, it does the same to me also. Did you know that you're my second favourite poster on NSC behind the legend that is Meades Ball? :kiss: (maybe the kiss was too much.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here