Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedom of speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Das Reich has said nothing wrong. This shit has RUINED Men who were proved INNOCENT. Remember that word INNOCENT until proven guilty. When the other 5 are named as far as I am concerned are they are INNOCENT until and IF a court of law has decided otherwise.

Last edited:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I'm honoured, as well as a little confused, as I don't think I've contributed anything whatsoever. Ha, I'll take that though, cheers.

Tbf your posts generally make I chuckle, you don't take things too seriously and you don't get involved in wanky binfests.....I don't think. For the record I also don't contribute much if anything around here :)

Jan 12, 2012
I think Das Reich has said nothing wrong. This shit has RUINED Men who were proved IINNOCENT. Remember that word INNOCENT until proven guilty. When the other 5 are named as far as I am concerned are they are INNOCENT until and IF a court of law has decided otherwise.

That should be the case, but as we all know,that doesnt seem to happen in these types of events.
The one concern would be the amount of time between the alledged incident ,and the arrests.Has the girl just come forward,or have the police been getting evidence together ?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
That should be the case, but as we all know,that doesnt seem to happen in these types of events.
The one concern would be the amount of time between the alledged incident ,and the arrests.Has the girl just come forward,or have the police been getting evidence together ?

The subject is not to be discussed on nsc.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

The police statement says that the girl made the accusation in July straight away and the individuals have only just been traced and bought in for questioning.
And in the words of Forrest Gump,
That's all I want to say about that

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
The internet has opened up the opportunity for trends to be set by the populas, which is what true freedom is about.

The danger, the price we have to stomach, is that people's live can be ruined by ferel trolls who have no real contribution to make to the notion of 'free speech'.

This is why the laws of the land are just as applicable to the internet as to the mainstream press. If people wish to act as journalists they should be just as accountable. If a false allegation is made, implied, or made in thinly veiled code against someone, the person who writes it should be accountable.

I believe that a person should never be named until they are convicted of a crime. This is subject to debate. What is clear though is that freedom of speech, something we should all fight for, comes with accountabilty, responsibility. Those who live by the sword should be prepared to die by it. And that extends to the keyboard trolls.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
why people feel the need to comment on something they know f*** all about beats me

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Das Reich has said nothing wrong. This shit has RUINED Men who were proved INNOCENT. Remember that word INNOCENT until proven guilty. When the other 5 are named as far as I am concerned are they are INNOCENT until and IF a court of law has decided otherwise.

sadly they are being named elsewhere and inevitably (the -*- forum for example) they sometimes get the names wrong which is why I am totally supportive of the stance on here

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It was a very poor performance from us at Wrexham and it looked like football was the last thing on our mind. I think the club must have had advanced notice of the pending arrests and it had a bad effect on the pitch.

Whether innocent or guilty it would be hard to keep the names secret for too long.

Can any of these players be picked for Saturday, and if they can would they mentally be able to?

Is it fair for the players not involved, to go along with the thought they are also under suspicion?

I am gutted for the club, no one could have expected this. Gus & TB have really got their work cut out, they must be fuming.

And some thought the FA Cup was a distraction from league!

The best thing the club can do is name the players asap with a statement of support that the players dispute the charge, but will also be dropped from the team until further notice.

At least then the rest of the team can focus on the job in hand without distraction.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
except we don't know if there are any charges

EXACTLY THIS!!!! The very reason we are asking people not to comment, talk about it until TRUE facts are known.............the problem is as soon as someone makes a comment it all starts to rumble towards the supposition areas, which is exactly what we dont want.........now whats happening on Big Brother???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here