Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman for Leicester?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
The joke is Freedman isn't even on the list of potential managers, because there is no way they would want that fuckwit in charge of a proper club :lol: Cracking windup though.

Also, thank heavens we are on a suspect run otherwise Sir Gus would be well at the top of the list.

Of course Leicester will have considered him. Whether we like it or not, he's proving himself to be a top manager.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
He won't leave them, For a reason beyond me he seems to like living in that shit hole.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well on Sky Sports News about half an hr ago they said they understand that Leicester are ready to make an approach to Freedman.

A Palace mate of mine said e saw the same thing, whether he goes or not is another matter but Leics do have the money to pay compensation and then some.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
The joke is Freedman isn't even on the list of potential managers, because there is no way they would want that fuckwit in charge of a proper club :lol: Cracking windup though.

Also, thank heavens we are on a suspect run otherwise Sir Gus would be well at the top of the list.
Yeah, what an absolute fuckwit. Considering he's in charge of a pikey club, he's sitting pretty in 4th place in the table, in the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup with a backup team.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Freedman has only actually been linked as of two hours ago. I hadn't seen it anywhere in the news.

However, Freedman has been on Sky, TalkSport etc. over the last two days talking about how much he's loving his time at Palace and can't wait to take us to the Premiership and how he's "living the dream" etc.

I really don't think he needs to rubbish them, it's obvious to everyone that he's staying put.

He was quoted extensively last summer saying that he had no interest in Glenn Murray so I wouldn't set much store by what he says.

I can't see Freedman being offered the job as I think they'll go for a bigger name, but he'd be off like a shot if he was - he could probably double his salary there

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just cant see this happening.

Hes got a job for life at a club where the fans worship him. At Leicester he could be out of a job within 2 months if results dont go well for him.

He also owes Palace. They give him the job when no one else would.

For what its worth I quite like Freedman. I think hes a decent guy, hes clearly got talent as a manager and I think hes too intelligent to go to that basket case of a club.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He was quoted extensively last summer saying that he had no interest in Glenn Murray so I wouldn't set much store by what he says.

I can't see Freedman being offered the job as I think they'll go for a bigger name, but he'd be off like a shot if he was - he could probably double his salary there

That was to throw the press off our scent while we got a deal done for him.

I highly doubt Freedman's comments about the club he loves and is loved by can be taken with the same bucket of salt.

Freedman 'aint going anywhere for a very long time.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Just cant see this happening.

Hes got a job for life at a club where the fans worship him. At Leicester he could be out of a job within 2 months if results dont go well for him.

He also owes Palace. They give him the job when no one else would.

For what its worth I quite like Freedman. I think hes a decent guy, hes clearly got talent as a manager and I think hes too intelligent to go to that basket case of a club.

No ones got a job for life.

Many Palace fans were doubting him last year when relegation loomed.

Any young manager who is doing well will be touted for jobs that come up. I can't see Leicester sacking Sven and going for Freedman - would look like a step backwards from their fans point of view IMO

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like every club we are having a mid season blip a little earlier than most granted, but Poyet will overcome this and do what is right whether or not Freedman will do the same when they have their blip is not known. I cannot see Leicester being interested in a manager who doesnt even have good credentials as a player and even less experience as a manager.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Like every club we are having a mid season blip a little earlier than most granted, but Poyet will overcome this and do what is right whether or not Freedman will do the same when they have their blip is not known. I cannot see Leicester being interested in a manager who doesnt even have good credentials as a player and even less experience as a manager.

All depends on who else is in the running for the job , once all the big names get discounted he might be on the shortlist. Don't forget Russell Slade was 3rd choice on the shortlist once the usual suspects had all dropped out for the Brighton job.

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
LCFC need a manager, play to 25k/30K crowds, and wouldn't be surprised if they went knocking on the doors of poor old 11,000 crowds and kids for a quid palace. Expect they would want Poyet but with Albion playing to 20K sell outs and next season 30,000 sell outs they will know that Poyet wont go, so maybe that little club up the road might have a telephone call.. but could he do it at a bigish club or is Freedman a small club manager?

Would that be the same little club up the road that beat you 3-1 at home? :wrong:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Freedman is only doing well at Palace because he knows the club off the back of his hand, he'd be a waste at Leicester, which would make even more funnier.

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
God this thread is full of shit

Firstly the attendance thing is bollocks, cant compare the two clubs sadly. We've spend the last 10 years playing in a shithole than any club would struggle to fill on a regular basis. Secondly Palace don't exactly play in a stadium fans are excited about going to... How many would we get in a ground like that currently ?

Palace look a decent side at the moment, much to my dismay ! They seem to have more than one way of playing which we could certainly take note of and are making the most of their current good run of form .... Something we did in August if I remember.

I'm sure Poyet will turn things around... We took 4-5 months to start playing the way Gus wanted us to in league one so it will happen.. In the meantime let Palace enjoy their boasting and their season highlight and stop banging on about bloody attendances

its good to see there are some sensible people on here

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Freedman is only doing well at Palace because he knows the club off the back of his hand, he'd be a waste at Leicester, which would make even more funnier.

Surely you must have run out of f***ing straws to clutch at by now. Go and wave your flag and learn a couple more lines to that shitty Sussex by the sea song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here