Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman for Leicester?

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
As much as it grates......there is not a cat in hells chance freedman is leaving palace anytime soon. He is going to be looking at things right now and feeling that palace have every chance of at least making the playoffs......then who knows. Assuming he can keep the squad together through the transfer window, let's face it....palace are going to be up there. The only thing that would worry me if I was a palace fan (which thankfully I'm not) would be how many of the current owners want to stay financing the project. Long term financial security would be freedmans biggest worry? Any sign of that changing.....and he'll be off. Not sure that time is now. Leicester is possibly another accident waiting to happen if they don't go up this year.

Leicester won't go for a no mark like Freedman they will aim much higher. Look at the Leicester fans forums slagging him off - they would have a riot on their hands if they appointed him.

:bhasign:

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
God this thread is full of shit

Firstly the attendance thing is bollocks, cant compare the two clubs sadly. We've spend the last 10 years playing in a shithole than only clubs like Brighton would struggle to fill on a regular basis. Secondly Palace don't exactly play in a stadium fans are excited about going to... How many would we get in a ground like that currently ?

Palace look a decent side at the moment, much to my dismay ! They seem to have more than one way of playing which we could certainly take note of and are making the most of their current good run of form .... Something we did in August if I remember.

I'm sure Poyet will turn things around... We took 4-5 months to start playing the way Gus wanted us to in league one so it will happen.. In the meantime let Palace enjoy their boasting and their season highlight and stop banging on about bloody attendances

Fixed

No Mark? Hes doing Better than Poyet? Anyway 21,000+ Tomorrrow Higher than Your Gates this season.

Has he every won any silverware? No .

The only way you can get a gate over 15k is by letting people in on the cheap or giving away fans unlimited tickets - joke support from a joke club . Less than 300 to Swansea on a Saturday and 7k at home to a Prem side :lolol:

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...

The only way you can get a gate over 15k is by letting people in on the cheap or giving away fans unlimited tickets - joke support from a joke club . Less than 300 to Swansea on a Saturday and 7k at home to a Prem side :lolol:

And the only way you are getting 20k crowds are from all those plastics. Each to their own.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
And the only way you are getting 20k crowds are from all those plastics. Each to their own.

Just like all the plastics you get whenever you play a decent team. Oh, no, actually its just loads of the away fans in the home ends, even worse.:lol:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Our average will be around the 15k mark so with your gates around 20k then the difference is 5k.Not a lot really considering new ground,promotion on the back of a great season and that 'soccer ' as you lot call it is a new experience.
If we carry on as we are the difference will be even less
HTH.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

When I was a kid, one of my first games at the Goldstone was a 30,000 crowd. I want to know what's happend to the missing 10,000? Bloody plastics! :smile:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley

Are you as thick as you seem?
swansea was a televised 12.45 kick off. You don't even go to home games so keep quiet.

All; those Palace on BBS the last few days desperately running around getting "Football" mates to come along on Saturday "To see what it's like"

And you have the nerve to call our fans plastic - at least we turn up when it's full price :lolol:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Serious question to [MENTION=2078]26-10-02[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3495]SE25[/MENTION] and any other palace fans - do you really believe that if you'd been stuck in the lower leagues, firstly ground-sharing at Gillingham and then playing at one of the worst stadiums in the country, that your crowds would have been better? This attendance thing has been done so often it is f***ing painful. Attendances go up and down at clubs depending on what is happening on and off the pitch. Palace (and the Albion) are no different in that respect. You may say you have a bigger core support? But how is it then that last season our away support was bigger than yours even though we were in a lower league, without our 'shiny new stadium and plastic Amex fans'. By the way, putting banter aside for a moment, a friend of mine is a Palace season ticket holder and the majority of Palace people I've met down the years have been decent folk but some of the crap you write about my club makes you look, well....very ignorant (and yes, some of the stuff that our lot write about you is cringeworthy as well). Thoughts?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
All; those Palace on BBS the last few days desperately running around getting "Football" mates to come along on Saturday "To see what it's like"

we turn up when it's full price :lolol:

Only this season.
Where were you when there was no lego building built into the sussex countryside.You only filled a 8000 stadium once promotion looked nailed on.For you lot to knock our gates is unbelievable as we have consistently averaged around the 15 k mark even when near the relegation zone and Selhurst is crap so your poor excuse about the withdean not being pretty with no marble floors is a poor excuse.

Only this season.
Where were you when there was no lego building built into the sussex countryside.You only filled a 8000 stadium once promotion looked nailed on.For you lot to knock our gates is unbelievable as we have consistently averaged around the 15 k mark even when near the relegation zone and Selhurst is crap so your poor excuse about the withdean not being pretty with no marble floors is a poor excuse.

We are talking about this season - trouble with Palace is you live in the past and talk of the future - never the present. Our supporters have not labelled themselves "fanatics" and then boycott matches.

Why are your crowds so pony when you reside in a densely populated area ? - no excuse for it apart from the fact that when it comes down to it you don't have anywhere near the following you boast of .:lolol:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Serious question to [MENTION=2078]26-10-02[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3495]SE25[/MENTION] and any other palace fans -
Your away attendances were better due to being successful,fans travel to watch a winning team.Also a lot didn't go to home games so had the money.I have never denied your away numbers as being good it is your lot who deride our numbers.There was only a couple of hundred in it and remember how shit our away form was.This season ,or maybe next as you have new grounds to visit this year,will be a better judge.
As for attendances ours are not that bad,we get the odd very poor one (12000) but remember we have been in this division for seven seasons now and it is all a bit familiar.The shit crowds in the cup are poor yes but we are not alone in that, Blackburn had 10k against Newcastle and Wolves 12k against Man. City with large away followings at both.
To summarise your gates may be big this season and possibly next but unless you go up (shiver) I would think they would drop to 17-18k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here