Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman for Leicester?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I don't think it will happen - but for argument's sake - if Leicester offer stupid wages and DF asked the Palace owners to leave - how could they stop him?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
£50 says you're off your rocker.

Freedman is closer to Palace than any other player to any other team that I can think of. Why on earth would he want to abandon his project here? Why give up on one of the best youth setups in the country? Why turn your back on a club with such promise (I know you don't think so - but just look in the media) for a club who will sack you after a moderately poor run?

There is zero chance of Freedman leaving. Anyone with half a brain could see that.

Since when has there been loyalty in football these days?

If he goes you'll be a laughing stock.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Leicester will go for a 'name' manager, and I'm really surprised Freedman is even in the frame - not that he's done badly.

I also beleive at this stage Freedman will be loyal to Palace.

As for Gus, well despite the DIM-FESTERY of some of the Palace fans on this thread, they don't know anything about his ambitions or stated intentions, and this isn't a Tottenham or Chelsea vacancy we are discussing here.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I don't think it will happen - but for argument's sake - if Leicester offer stupid wages and DF asked the Palace owners to leave - how could they stop him?

Don't think 2010 could do much to stop him. However, this situation is completely irrelevant as it will not happen.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sky sports news have just reported that Leicester have spoken with freedmans representatives and could now be making a formal approach

Freedman has already said he is committed to Palace for the long stretch and wants to be successful with them.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Since when has there been loyalty in football these days?

If he goes you'll be a laughing stock.

If he goes we'll still have one of the best academies in the country with a great squad etc. etc.

Obviously this is all futile as both 2010 and Dougie will reject their approach as soon as it is made.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
As for Gus, well despite the DIM-FESTERY of some of the Palace fans on this thread, they don't know anything about his ambitions or stated intentions, and this isn't a Tottenham or Chelsea vacancy we are discussing here.
In other words they have looked at recent results and realised he's crap.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't think 2010 could do much to stop him. However, this situation is completely irrelevant as it will not happen.

The only bonus for CPFC2010 is the compensation that will be paid by Leicester.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
In other words they have looked at recent results and realised he's crap.

They may have looked at recent results and drawn the wrong conclusion, of course, but really - Gus isn't going there regardless.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Genuine question for the palace fans but ever since Sven got the flick on Monday freedmans name has been strongly linked. Has he came out and rubbished these rumours yet and reiterated his loyalty to the club??

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Genuine question for the palace fans but ever since Sven got the flick on Monday freedmans name has been strongly linked. Has he came out and rubbished these rumours yet and reiterated his loyalty to the club??

Freedman has only actually been linked as of two hours ago. I hadn't seen it anywhere in the news.

However, Freedman has been on Sky, TalkSport etc. over the last two days talking about how much he's loving his time at Palace and can't wait to take us to the Premiership and how he's "living the dream" etc.

I really don't think he needs to rubbish them, it's obvious to everyone that he's staying put.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why haven't Leicester approached you lot?

The joke is Freedman isn't even on the list of potential managers, because there is no way they would want that fuckwit in charge of a proper club :lol: Cracking windup though.

Also, thank heavens we are on a suspect run otherwise Sir Gus would be well at the top of the list.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Added to these things, of course, the job security he has here just wouldn't be there at Leicester. 2010 have said "even if Dougie failed to pick up a single point from now until the end of the season, he'd be in charge in 2012". At Leicester he'd be gone if he wasn't top by Christmas.

Albion Dan, you are sadly mistaken. I know most of you lot love Gustavo, but Leicester just wouldn't pick him. Also, if you'd define an 8 game winless run as "suspect" I'd hate to have a bad one! Leicester genuinely want to be promotion candidates this season and I can think of at least 10 managers in this League alone who'd be more likely to do it. Poyet is a long-term guy, not an instant success one.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here