Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman for Leicester?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Only this season.
Where were you when there was no lego building built into the sussex countryside.You only filled a 8000 stadium once promotion looked nailed on.For you lot to knock our gates is unbelievable as we have consistently averaged around the 15 k mark even when near the relegation zone and Selhurst is crap so your poor excuse about the withdean not being pretty with no marble floors is a poor excuse.

Read the post above yours Old Git you mother fukker. Stop burying your head in the sand.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
We are talking about this season - trouble with Palace is you live in the past and talk of the future - never the present. Our supporters have not labelled themselves "fanatics" and then boycott matches.

Why are your crowds so pony when you reside in a densely populated area ? - no excuse for it apart from the fact that when it comes down to it you don't have anywhere near the following you boast of .:lolol:
There are at most 2-300 who label themselves fanatics and they have their own attitude to 'modern football' and how it is being removed from the average fan.The Daily Mirror yesterday when talking about protests around grounds today said
"At the vanguard of the campaign, as you might expect, are supporters of Crystal Palace. The Selhurst Park club stand to lose more than most from EPPP given their vibrant academy and the first team's subsequent reliance on youth products. Luckily, they also possess some of the most proactive fans in the country - the Holmesdale Fanatics."
It's called principles.

Read the post above yours Old Git you mother fukker. Stop burying your head in the sand.

Old Git from the BBS - really ?

That :tosser: is despised by his own . He rarely goes to Palace games and couldn't hold an argument in a bucket. A wanker of the highest order :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Yeah that's right you f***ing nonce.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::

Posting shite on another Clubs forum under a different name - priceless Nigel .

Suggest you spend more time going to Selhurst.

ps - how did you squeeze 2-3000 "fanatics" on the protest march on the day of liquidation into 200 people ? :lolol:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
:lolol::lolol::lolol::

Posting shite on another Clubs forum under a different name - priceless Nigel .

Suggest you spend more time going to Selhurst.

ps - how did you squeeze 2-3000 "fanatics" on the protest march on the day of liquidation into 200 people ? :lolol:
Not shite just correcting you Quentin.
As for different names ask Cheeky monkey and some of the other ones who hid for weeks after losing to us:tosser: what their names are on the BBS.
Anyway off now to the BBS to get my magnificent rep. points improved
Why aren't you at Brum?
As for Selhurst I have had a season ticket in the Holmesdale stand since it was rebuilt.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Your away attendances were better due to being successful,fans travel to watch a winning team.Also a lot didn't go to home games so had the money.I have never denied your away numbers as being good it is your lot who deride our numbers.There was only a couple of hundred in it and remember how shit our away form was.This season ,or maybe next as you have new grounds to visit this year,will be a better judge.
As for attendances ours are not that bad,we get the odd very poor one (12000) but remember we have been in this division for seven seasons now and it is all a bit familiar.The shit crowds in the cup are poor yes but we are not alone in that, Blackburn had 10k against Newcastle and Wolves 12k against Man. City with large away followings at both.
To summarise your gates may be big this season and possibly next but unless you go up (shiver) I would think they would drop to 17-18k.

Fair answer. New stadiums, successful teams equals more fans, no question about that. Look at Reading who you play today as an example. Many moons ago I watched the Albion play them at Elm Park and the attendance was around 7,000 with nearly half made up of visiting supporters.

We are, for the first time in many, many years, now on a level playing field with most of the championship in terms of support and stadium. How long that lasts - we shall see.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
There are at most 2-300 who label themselves fanatics and they have their own attitude to 'modern football' and how it is being removed from the average fan.The Daily Mirror yesterday when talking about protests around grounds today said
"At the vanguard of the campaign, as you might expect, are supporters of Crystal Palace. The Selhurst Park club stand to lose more than most from EPPP given their vibrant academy and the first team's subsequent reliance on youth products. Luckily, they also possess some of the most proactive fans in the country - the Holmesdale Fanatics."
It's called principles.

:facepalm:

The Daily Mirror did not say that - it was a Daily Mirror football blog page written by an amateur.

One of our posters used to pass off his blog pages as official articles. Pathetic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Your away attendances were better due to being successful,fans travel to watch a winning team.Also a lot didn't go to home games so had the money.I have never denied your away numbers as being good it is your lot who deride our numbers.There was only a couple of hundred in it and remember how shit our away form was.This season ,or maybe next as you have new grounds to visit this year,will be a better judge.
As for attendances ours are not that bad,we get the odd very poor one (12000) but remember we have been in this division for seven seasons now and it is all a bit familiar.The shit crowds in the cup are poor yes but we are not alone in that, Blackburn had 10k against Newcastle and Wolves 12k against Man. City with large away followings at both.
To summarise your gates may be big this season and possibly next but unless you go up (shiver) I would think they would drop to 17-18k.
Wow, that's a reasonable post, I'm in shock. You probably are reasonable when you're not fighting keyboard warriors. If you post on our board you're naturally going to find a lot of people who disagree with you, and unfortunately you then seem to lose the ability to be rational, and most of your posts are complete crap. This one however seems like a fair reflection.

I agree about the cups, I expect we'll have low numbers in the cup pretty soon.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
So to sum, Palace used to get bigger crowds than us, now we get bigger crowds now, and it's taken 8 pages of utter trivial to get there, priceless

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
And this thread was supposed to be about Freedman to Leicester. I met him once and a decent man and he is doing a good job, would he go to Leicester ?, well he has loyalty I hope, but like most people in football, money talks. But think Leicester will go for a much bigger name, as their Thai owners probably think that Palace in the building in the middle of Bangkok ! And never heard of Freedman, more likely a Martin O'neil

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looks like it's going to be Lee Clark for the Leicester job. Good choice for them

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd heard something about lee clarke in partnership with someone being suggested at the weekend. I think there was also a suggestion of Roy Keane. How close to confirmed is lee clarke or is it just more of the rumours?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here