Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FPC Snipers Are Off Again?!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
You haven't heard about what happens when Attila and certain individuals in the club get together then... :ohmy: :eek:

Besides which, what questions would you ask that haven't already been asked, and that aren't ones where the answers are confidential?

Well if that is happening when they go to the clubs get togethers, it is not getting into the public domain.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't recall Martin Perry looking for excuses.
Eh? So why isn't it being built on time then?

I'm sure he would point you to various unforeseen factors outside his control, but PIERS is merely saying he knew that some of these factors were there *before* he took on the job.

(I'm playing devils advocat here - I really don't know the bloke beyond the fact that the two times I have met him, he seemed to pick the supporters he spoke to with a bit of care.)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Don't bring me in on this one. I've long since given up having an opinion, because unfortunately, I didn't go to the fans forum. Therefore anything I say is to be dismissed instantly.

You can use email. Email Martin Perry directly. He answers.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Personally I still have some issues with areas of the supporters clubs and this goes back to the mid 90’s, yes in the end they did condemn Archer and Belloti, but it was a while after everyone else. Now I know they have the best interests of the club at heart, but ultimately they will always be the organisation seen as closest to the board.

Hmmm wasn't that EXACTLY what I said on the other thread the other week?

Yes I think it was!

Guess you must be a fantasist, a history-revisionist as well then UB. Oh and god forbid launching a personal attack against Auntie Liz and her cronies!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Hmmm wasn't that EXACTLY what I said on the other thread the other week?

Yes I think it was!

Guess you must be a fantasist, a history-revisionist as well then UB. Oh and god forbid launching a personal attack against Auntie Liz and her cronies!

Did you go to the Fans Forum?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
No, I was washing my hair!

OK I'll disregard you then (although apparently we are the same person so thats confused me).

If possible, could everyone state at the start of their posts from now on wether or not they went to the Fans Forum. That way I'll know wether or not to take any notice of what they are saying.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Eh? So why isn't it being built on time then?

I'm sure he would point you to various unforeseen factors outside his control, but PIERS is merely saying he knew that some of these factors were there *before* he took on the job.

(I'm playing devils advocat here - I really don't know the bloke beyond the fact that the two times I have met him, he seemed to pick the supporters he spoke to with a bit of care.)

We know why it isn't being built on time.

Piers' point isn't strictly true. Martin Perry effectively created the situation whereby these factors (that would lead to a delay) had to be taken into account. What I mean is, after the sequential site analysis (initially of 30, and then wittled down to six or seven sites), there wasn't a site that wouldn't be subject to it being called in for a public inquiry.

One could argue that choosing the site we did near Falmer created its own problems, but - as we eventually learned through the Public Inquiry - all other sites created far more problems to the point of being insurmountable.

The longest single delay, as we all remember (well, most of us - some choose to conveniently forget, or re-write it out of history) was down to the Government. They took nearly two years to correct one silly clerical error.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nice try fellas.
Can't debate the subject so create a smokescreen. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wasn't debating the subject! Show me where I had entered into a debate? Well? Come on I want EVIDENCE I was debating anything on the thread?

Can't argue with that. You can't say you debated anything. :thumbsup:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why do you all keep rising to him (or her, or it I suppose). They're not going to give a straight answer and will just continue to spout crap for as long as possible. Much like LDC I guess :glare:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Arthur is a wind up merchant , can a mod check his ip address to see if he has other aliases ? Noticed that his avatar is now the dreaded F letter also found on a certain bakers paper bags which I think should be removed as it is offensive.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
it was all down to planning conditions on the sale of the Goldstone. Had Chief planner, Maggie Brian at the time made it a condition for us to have a new ground being built as part of the selling of the Goldstone agreement, we would be playing our games in a purpose built stadium now, and probably for the last 10 years.

This was never granted as a condition when we sold up the land, and now we have no stadium to our name.

I don't follow the logic on that. If the planner had made it a condition that we built a new ground that would not have forced the council to give us permission. So we would still be waiting for a new ground, the only difference being we would still play at the Goldstone if we hadn't succumbed to our debts.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Arthur is a wind up merchant , can a mod check his ip address to see if he has other aliases ? Noticed that his avatar is now the dreaded F letter also found on a certain bakers paper bags which I think should be removed as it is offensive.

:lol::lol::lol:

Come on Bozza, have a good look into this, see if you can find out who it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here