Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FPC Snipers Are Off Again?!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Im not naming names, but the agreement from the club was that the Stadium works would begin in October time this year, but there have been some hitches, which involve the conditions of the agreement.

from what I make out, there have to be 6 more minor planning applications as part of the conditions that need to be submitted, therefore delaying the start date of the stadium works into next year

One day I will talk at them, building up to it....

Speaking in fans forums is FUN!!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is that four more planning applications on top of the additional six we already know about ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
that 4 was meant to be six, and i guess it is the same 6

If its the same 6 we already knew about (as mentioned at the Roadshow), then why did they still say at the Roadshow that we are on course to commence construction towards the tail-end of this year then ?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Im not naming names, but the agreement from the club was that the Stadium works would begin in October time this year, but there have been some hitches, which involve the conditions of the agreement.

from what I make out, there have to be 6 more minor planning applications as part of the conditions that need to be submitted, therefore delaying the start date of the stadium works into next year

And so it begins!

And so it begins!

No it doesn't. Mendoza is mistaken in his belief that a start date of October was promised at the Falmer Roadshow. His claim that things were now "slipping a few weeks" is entirely consistent with the start date that Martin Perry has announced - "Work will begin by the end of the year".

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
No it doesn't. Mendoza is mistaken in his belief that a start date of October was promised at the Falmer Roadshow. His claim that things were now "slipping a few weeks" is entirely consistent with the start date that Martin Perry has announced - "Work will begin by the end of the year".

not entirely true, after my discussion yesterday with said source, they said we would be lucky to get work starting this year, and that early next year is much more realistic

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
But every minor delay on this project seems to lead to a delay of several months, hence we are 11 years down the line and no building work has started.

How dare you suggest anything of the sort!!!!

Building work WILL start by the end of the year IT WILL IT WILL IT WILL!!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Arthur - why have you not been to a home match for so long? - I miss the old days of pre-match drinks etc.

Papa

not entirely true, after my discussion yesterday with said source, they said we would be lucky to get work starting this year, and that early next year is much more realistic
It may be a question of what you mean by "building". Any major construction project involves a great deal of preparation before the first brick is laid. My guess is that the first work on the site will involve preparing a location for a few portacabins to be plonked down. Or it might just be a bloke with a landrover and a bucket searching for newts.

The construction industry goes quiet for a long time over Christmas and the New Year anyway. I doubt if it makes much sense to recruit a huge workforce until the holiday is over. However, that won't mean that work hasn't started.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
All good builders will be up in London working on the Olympic site, so I say delay building until after that. That would mean just a delay of another 4 years.

Anyway Arthur hows your car??

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
All good builders will be up in London working on the Olympic site, so I say delay building until after that. That would mean just a delay of another 4 years.

Anyway Arthur hows your car??

There are some pictures on his Facebook profile... doesn't look too good though. :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here