Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FPC Snipers Are Off Again?!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
well simster has pointed a rather clear finger earlier on this thread......

Yeah, but 95% of us don't know who he is referring to, my old man is called PHIL but I doubt its him - if you get my drift.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Yeah, but 95% of us don't know who he is referring to, my old man is called PHIL but I doubt its him - if you get my drift.

:eek: Maybe its him!!!

I've got a plan, lets find everyone called Phil and shoot them for being a non believer.

Seriously, does it really matter?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
:eek: Maybe its him!!!

I've got a plan, lets find everyone called Phil and shoot them for being a non believer.

Seriously, does it really matter?

I'm sorry, seeing as you apparently did not attend the Fans Forum then I simply cannot consider delivering an articulate response. However, if you have been a STH for the past 4 years AND attended the West Ham match then I may reconsider.

Truths coming out now well done Arthur keep up the good work, Falmer village will be spoilt by wanky Brighton fans, and I might add the village will stink of fried onions on match days.
gnight fags

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think everyone needs to calm down a bit here. 'Arthur' is a real person, not a duplicate user, falmer resident or any other of the ridiculous conspiracy accusations given. Some of these are almost as spurious than his own grudge comments against Martin Perry.

I am all for scrutiny - but there are some on here who believe scruting has to involve public haranguing. It doesn't and that is only needed when scrutiny fails. I have to say that this thread is not about scrutiny - it is about throwing accusations around and exercising vendettas. It is as accurate to say that the 'supporters' club backed Bellotti' as it is to say Gulls Eye did. They all turned on him at the same time when the sale of the ground came about.

Not all those who have confidence in the board are lickers, bobblers or apologists. Just like not all those who disagree are fifth columnists or Falmer residents. However, if you voice an 'opinion' you just expect to have a 'debate'. The sly sideswiping from Arthur (who did start the abuse with his dig at Ed bassford etc) should not be overlooked. The digs at 'Aunti Liz' would be valid if she had ever had digs at Phil in the Supporters' Club newsletter. I dont believe she has. I'm no great friend of Liz's but lets have some decorum here?

The attempt to draw nefarious conclusions about Martin perry being a Governor of city college is frankly daft. All businessmen do something which can have a knock on impact to them - be it profile raising, shared business interest, networking etc. So what? A very senior boss at my wife's company is also on that board.

I do think though that Phil should come clean on his grudge. It may be that in the past the club may not have agreed with his own 'brand' of supporting the club and Martin perry may have been involved in that. If so, then declare it.
But Phil, it's time to concentrate on facts not innuendo.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The date to start building the stadium is being put back until next year now, so how long can it keep getting put off if we are to meet the target of playing there in 2010/11

Did mendoza10 ever post confirmation/source of this? Can't see anything anywhere. Would like to think it's not true that the start date is no longer this year, though wouldn't be overly distressed if it was. The permission for the stadium has been granted, and if every single remaining planning permission has to go through the whole appeals process, then so be it. The stadium will still get built.

Oh, and the hysterical reaction to 'Arthur' is a bit OTT. Why not let him say his piece? He'll either be proved right or wrong, then one or other side can score brownie points for a good call. :shrug:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Did mendoza10 ever post confirmation/source of this? Can't see anything anywhere. Would like to think it's not true that the start date is no longer this year, though wouldn't be overly distressed if it was. The permission for the stadium has been granted, and if every single remaining planning permission has to go through the whole appeals process, then so be it. The stadium will still get built.

Oh, and the hysterical reaction to 'Arthur' is a bit OTT. Why not let him say his piece? He'll either be proved right or wrong, then one or other side can score brownie points for a good call. :shrug:

No Mendoza didn't provide any info! I work for the club and i am not aware of any more delays and Arthur is just a person who i predict will dissapear if the stadium opens on time and if it dosen't he will be leading the sack the board chants :tosser:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I can't see how Brett can make this claim - especially as seeing as we don't know who's building it, we don't know when it can be started.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No Mendoza didn't provide any info! I work for the club and i am not aware of any more delays

Somebody just forwarded me a mail from the club, dated Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:25 PM, that confirms work should start 'at the back end of this year' with a view to opening in August 2010 :thumbsup:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I can't see how Brett can make this claim - especially as seeing as we don't know who's building it, we don't know when it can be started.

The uni are looking to pull the four buildings down at the end of the uni year. Then there is 150,000 tons of chalk to dispose of (hopefully we can level this on the field next door) and then the groundworks can begin.

By then the tender issues and the planning issues should be well and truely sorted and it will be all systems go.

I know one of the companys who are tendering for the job and their last project was 50 times larger than the stadium and it went a year ahead of schedule and under budget.

From what i can see working for the club p/t and in the building industry f/t i can see no problems fom what Martin Perry said at the forum :thumbsup:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
not at all. the point i was making is that "arthur" is perhaps not as anonymous as he'd like to think he is

HAHAHA awesome! I am the Scarlet Pimpernel of Brighton & Hove Albion!

YOU PRICK!

The majority of people on this thread know EXACTLY who am I, I'm sure if you or anyone else would really like to have a word in my shell like someone can point you in the right direction.

You'll obviously have to state which of my many alter egos you'd like to speak to though (Timbo, Dave the NSC poster, Little Maddie) as I'd need to go in to character.

If you need any more clues just re-read this thread.....I live in Falmer and own a bakery apparently!

God forbid if Bozza ever gets hold of me!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here