Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Hunting wa@kers

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If I knew that the person with the gun could shoot me in the leg and then try again and get my shoulder thus causing me a great deal of suffering before finally getting a lethal shot in, I think I'd choose the instant death by the pack of hounds.

Excellent, now how can we arrange this? it sounds jolly good fun!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not as cruel as the other methods people will always put forward as the alternative to foxhunting.

Surely as a method of controlling numbers hunting is ridiculously inefficient. How many on average are killed per week by a hunt?

- - - Updated - - -

Foxes killed by the Hunt die a quick death, foxes are often wounded by shot guns and die a very slow and painfull death as do snared foxes

If someone was serious about controlling numbers, surely the most effective and most humane would be a humane trap and a bullet in the head.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm sure I read somewhere that there are only three animals on our planet that kill for fun [not just to eat] - HUMANS, CATS & FOXES, yet only one is hunted and killed for this crime.

The fox debate has run and run, but anyone who claims the hunting method is humane is deluded.
Just imagine going to an away game and a pack of opposition fans chasing you until you can run no more and then laying in to you viciously until you are dead. And all because your behavior does not comply with their expectations and they see you as vermin. Humane? Do me a favour.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Surely as a method of controlling numbers hunting is ridiculously inefficient. How many on average are killed per week by a hunt?

- - - Updated - - -

If someone was serious about controlling numbers, surely the most effective and most humane would be a humane trap and a bullet in the head.

Hunting is not about vermin control,it is sport and is carried out for pleasure

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You are wrong foxes take a vast amount of lambs , which the farmers cannot afford to lose

A good farmer,would have dogs roaming the place,Mr Fox would not get a look in,excuses-

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
I'm sure I read somewhere that there are only three animals on our planet that kill for fun [not just to eat] - HUMANS, CATS & FOXES, yet only one is hunted and killed for this crime.

The fox debate has run and run, but anyone who claims the hunting method is humane is deluded.
Just imagine going to an away game and a pack of opposition fans chasing you until you can run no more and then laying in to you viciously until you are dead. And all because your behavior does not comply with their expectations and they see you as vermin. Humane? Do me a favour.

Lions are killed in Africa on game reserves to portect cattle

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

- - - Updated - - -

Just one of a number of humane ways of keeping fox numbers down.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
are you putting up this sample of fox hunters as a general rule about fox hunting?

What are the statistics for working class people involved in fox hunting? my guess is that it is not very high.

Probably a lot higher than you think, especially among wannabes. Most of those who go hunting are farmers, who, among them, agree where the hunt can and cannot go. And if you think farmers are rich people just because they own a couple of hundred acres full of sheep or rapeseed, then you're mistaken. Many of them have second jobs in pubs or as postmen, or on other farms, just so they can make ends meet. For those farmers whose sheep are ravaged by foxes, that's their income gone. If you are a cook or a self-employed anything, then you wouldn't best pleased to see your livelihood destroyed by vermin.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
So fox hunting is not cruel?

Would you class fishing as cruel,fish are dragged for hundreds of yards on the end of a line with a treble hook in there mouth if they are lucky,if they are not so lucky the hook has been swallowed and the fish is dragged around on the end of a line attached to its intestines.Is fishing cruel and should it also be banned

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just one of a number of humane ways of keeping fox numbers down.

Must be THE most inefficient too.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you class fishing as cruel,fish are dragged for hundreds of yards on the end of a line with a treble hook in there mouth if they are lucky,if they are not so lucky the hook has been swallowed and the fish is dragged around on the end of a line attached to its intestines.Is fishing cruel and should it also be banned

yes and yes.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Modern farming methods,especially the way chickens are treated means that the fox does little or nothing to the farmer,yes i could accept that argument pre 1940 but no today,as for it killing babies? whatever next,my cat attacked my brother in law,does that mean i have to kill cats

can't accept that as good enough

Foxes kill sheep and not all chickens are factory-farmed, and foxes kill those, too. They don't always eat them, they sometimes just kill them. I doubt your cat or my cat would bite off the finger of a little baby, but a fox would, and has. Foxes are wild, predatory carnivores. They're not community street-pets. They're like pretty little wolves.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Probably a lot higher than you think, especially among wannabes. Most of those who go hunting are farmers, who, among them, agree where the hunt can and cannot go. And if you think farmers are rich people just because they own a couple of hundred acres full of sheep or rapeseed, then you're mistaken. Many of them have second jobs in pubs or as postmen, or on other farms, just so they can make ends meet. For those farmers whose sheep are ravaged by foxes, that's their income gone. If you are a cook or a self-employed anything, then you wouldn't best pleased to see your livelihood destroyed by vermin.

I find this incredibly over dramatic.

- - - Updated - - -

Foxes kill sheep and not all chickens are factory-farmed, and foxes kill those, too. They don't always eat them, they sometimes just kill them. I doubt your cat or my cat would bite off the finger of a little baby, but a fox would, and has. Foxes are wild, predatory carnivores. They're not community street-pets. They're like pretty little wolves.

ha ha ha ooohhhhh the drama!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
really? no, stop and think about it, because saying that anything is more effective than a rifle shot from a skilled marksman is just stupid and weakens your case. indiscriminate, yes, but rifle is always going to be the most effective means to dispatch any quarry.

The problem with marksmen is they sometimes miss, but a marksman will shoot a healthy vixen leaving her cubs motherless or a healthy male fox. Hunted foxes are mostly the old, the sick and the weak. That's why they get caught.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All the usual crap banded about by the anti's coming out here I see.

Fox hunting is not illegal.

Fox numbers need to be controlled. There are many ways it can be done, but hunting with hounds has been proven to be the most humane way of doing it.

How anyone can believe that crap anymore is absurd. I hope you get ripped apart by your own hounds. I'd stand and laugh at you as the dogs humanely ripped your throat out. If you lot even had the good grace to admit the facts you may get a better rap. And we all know fox hunting isn't illegal. It is with hounds though smartarse.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
No but they sleep very soundly while there victims die a very slow and painfull death over 3 or 4 days from internal bleeding

In my mind there is a very big difference between having to kill something for a purpose and partaking in a "sport" which involves killing for fun.

Camicus

The Burns report of fox predation show that foxes acount for 0.06% of lamb losses and most of these would be stopped if better husbandry practices and fencing were in place. So the idea of a rbid Mr fox on every field corner is a myth perpetuated by the prohunting lobby.

IF there was a solid argument in favour of hunting then thats fine but lets stick to facts rather than hysteria. Hunting with dogs is NOT humane no matter how you try and dress it up chasing anything for fun across miles on a horse isnt quick clean and humane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here