Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Hunting wa@kers

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Foxes kill sheep and not all chickens are factory-farmed, and foxes kill those, too. They don't always eat them, they sometimes just kill them. I doubt your cat or my cat would bite off the finger of a little baby, but a fox would, and has. Foxes are wild, predatory carnivores. They're not community street-pets. They're like pretty little wolves.

Wolves? another totally misunderstood animal hunted to extinction.... in this country

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So if we agree to disagree about the scale of cruelty in different ways to control foxes can we at least agree on two things.

1. Of all the ways discussed fox hunting is the least efficient and most labour intensive way to control foxes.
2. Fox hunting has little to do with controlling fox numbers and everything to do with sport.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The argument about the ban was never ever about the best way to control foxes. It was always about the FACT that MOST people find fox hunting distasteful and want it banned. The Countryside Alliance never understood that.

They lost the argument and won't accept the result.

Whatever the truth of that statement, it was townies who found fox-hunting distasteful, whereas country people understand the nature of the countryside and the predators who live within it. But more than that, townies find the idea of people on horseback as distasteful, particularly when they imagine that everyone who rides a horse or owns a few acres must be a rich snob. It's the politics of envy and ignorance.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
How anyone can believe that crap anymore is absurd. I hope you get ripped apart by your own hounds. I'd stand and laugh at you as the dogs humanely ripped your throat out. If you lot even had the good grace to admit the facts you may get a better rap. And we all know fox hunting isn't illegal. It is with hounds though smartarse.

The reason people still believe it is because it is FACT. You might be a bit emotional over a subject you are not that well educated in, but i deal in FACT.

I am an emotional person, i work with animals for a living and do a lot of work on the welfare side of things, but i understand the facts with foxhunting and have no moral problem with taking part in something which needs to be done.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Whatever the truth of that statement, it was townies who found fox-hunting distasteful, whereas country people understand the nature of the countryside and the predators who live within it. But more than that, townies find the idea of people on horseback as distasteful, particularly when they imagine that everyone who rides a horse or owns a few acres must be a rich snob. It's the politics of envy and ignorance.

Absolute rubbish.

All the riding stables outside town are full of horse-owning townies.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason people still believe it is because it is FACT. You might be a bit emotional over a subject you are not that well educated in, but i deal in FACT.

I am an emotional person, i work with animals for a living and do a lot of work on the welfare side of things, but i understand the facts with foxhunting and have no moral problem with taking part in something which needs to be done.

So you are saying that you take part in it as duty not enjoyment?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
they are mammals no different to your neighbours dog

They are different to your neighbour's dog, because dogs have been bred for generations to be domesticated. Nowadays, of course, there is more of a fashion for breeding and keeping killer dogs.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Foxes kill sheep and not all chickens are factory-farmed, and foxes kill those, too. They don't always eat them, they sometimes just kill them. I doubt your cat or my cat would bite off the finger of a little baby, but a fox would, and has. Foxes are wild, predatory carnivores. They're not community street-pets. They're like pretty little wolves.

Dogs kill babies, children, sometimes adults. Shall we hunt them for 'recreation' too? No, let's keep them in our homes. Humans aren't too safe either ..... There is absolutely NO reason for killing foxes.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The unspeakable chasing the uneatable. It's a shame Foxes aren't able to use guns out in the countryside to give the blood-lusting bastards on horseback a taste of their own medicine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I find it highly amusing when people use generalisation after generalisation and then accuse others of ignorance. Good work.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

But you will avoid the fact that fox hunting is a ridiculously inefficient way of controlling fox population.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Point of fact. Foxes do not kill indiscriminatly, a total myth. They, like any predator kills as much as it can when in get the chance. It will kill a number of chickens at a time with the intention of carrying them all away. They more often than not get disturbed and cannot return to collect the rest of their kill. More rubbish doled out by the counttyside alliance.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Do you have any evidence to back up this ridiculous statement?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Hunting is not about vermin control,it is sport and is carried out for pleasure

It is about vermin control, and social networking, and making a sport out of something considered necessary. The sport isn't in the killing of the fox, but in riding around the countryside with a target in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

A good farmer,would have dogs roaming the place,Mr Fox would not get a look in,excuses-

My cousin has about 8 dogs roaming around. His sheep still get killed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you wouldnt recognise a fact if you found it dead in the mouth of your hounds, who probably have a fairer idea of whats going on. the most efficient and humane way to cull any animal is shooting. simples. landowners shoot deer, shoot rabbit, shoot badgers to cull them. but apparently sending a pack of hounds after a fox is more efficient for them? there are many other reasons to support fox hunting, but you chose to pick on one thats incorrect.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It seems cruel, but it is no more cruel than a fox tearing a chicken or a sheep to pieces, or a lion tearing a gazelle's flesh from its body or an alligator munching on a swimmer's leg.

I like to think that humans have moved on a little from our base needs. None of those animals do those things for sport.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Utter rubbish. I used to live on a farm that a hunt went near. The landowner stopped it in the end when he realised the hunt was casusing more damage to the land and was ineffective at controlling the fox problem. Your feeble excuses hold no water here chap. Move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here