Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Hunting wa@kers

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It seems cruel, but it is no more cruel than a fox tearing a chicken or a sheep to pieces, or a lion tearing a gazelle's flesh from its body or an alligator munching on a swimmer's leg.

Humans at consciousness development of fox, lion and alligator in your mind.

Keep digging.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Absolute rubbish.

All the riding stables outside town are full of horse-owning townies.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are saying that you take part in it as duty not enjoyment?

I take part for several reasons, one of which is that fox numbers need to be controlled and the hunts need to be supported.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you have any evidence to back up this ridiculous statement?

Of course she doesn't. I personally find that comment quite offensive.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Dogs kill babies, children, sometimes adults. Shall we hunt them for 'recreation' too? No, let's keep them in our homes. Humans aren't too safe either ..... There is absolutely NO reason for killing foxes.

Maybe you'll think again in a few years' time when your neighbourhood is overrun with them and they kill your pets.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It seems cruel, but it is no more cruel than a fox tearing a chicken or a sheep to pieces, or a lion tearing a gazelle's flesh from its body or an alligator munching on a swimmer's leg.

This differ's from the first two example's quoted-

The first two are natural events happening in an natural environment

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe you'll think again in a few years' time when your neighbourhood is overrun with them and they kill your pets.

So the best option would be a load of people and horse back and shit loads of dogs to chase one about all day? Or should we trap them and kill them or let them out somewhere where they won't do much harm.

On seconds thoughts maybe we should get rid of all animals so they don't inconvenience us.

I lost three cats to snakes while living on our farm. Bad year for them that year, in the middle of a drought.

Camicus

This has to be your best statment ever I can almost hear the hysterical edge creeping in to your voice as you type away ever more furious and incoherant. :Ranting:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The Burns report of fox predation show that foxes acount for 0.06% of lamb losses and most of these would be stopped if better husbandry practices and fencing were in place. So the idea of a rbid Mr fox on every field corner is a myth perpetuated by the prohunting lobby.

A fence is no barrier to a fox. There's a fox which scales a six-foot fence at the bottom of my garden, and digs holes all over my newly-laid lawn. I'm not sure, but I believe it may have attacked my young cat which became very ill after being scratched recently, and ended up on a drip and nearly died. It may, of course, have been another cat, but my vet said that was unlikely.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

They do snatch Cat...........so watch it [MENTION=14198]HovaGirl[/MENTION] my two cats are trained and educated by me to watch out for Ginger Tom's,cars,dogs,humans and foxes - we talk :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A fence is no barrier to a fox. There's a fox which scales a six-foot fence at the bottom of my garden, and digs holes all over my newly-laid lawn. I'm not sure, but I believe it may have attacked my young cat which became very ill after being scratched recently, and ended up on a drip and nearly died. It may, of course, have been another cat, but my vet said that was unlikely.

You should get Junior and his hunt round, they'll sort it out. It'll only take them a day.

Maybe you could pay them per head and by the hour I am sure it wouldn't work out too expensive.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Point of fact. Foxes do not kill indiscriminatly, a total myth. They, like any predator kills as much as it can when in get the chance. It will kill a number of chickens at a time with the intention of carrying them all away. They more often than not get disturbed and cannot return to collect the rest of their kill. More rubbish doled out by the counttyside alliance.

Point of fact, foxes DO kill indiscriminately. Talk to any farmer about it.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton

Our neighbourhood has plenty of foxes, I often see them at dusk or if I'm up early. There are plenty of cats too. The only things that kill the cats are cars and old age.

Camicus

Thats why we have ELECTRIC fencing on farms

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Utter rubbish. I used to live on a farm that a hunt went near. The landowner stopped it in the end when he realised the hunt was casusing more damage to the land and was ineffective at controlling the fox problem. Your feeble excuses hold no water here chap. Move on.

I experienced similar when I lived out in the country & a local farmer did exactly the same thing. The local 'Hunt' used to smash up half the village when they were bravely chasing a hand-reared Fox or 3; & the hounds would attack anything that was furry with four legs if they happened to be in their way. Bunch of plural see you next Tuesday. :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here