Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Hunting wa@kers

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It is very easy to miss with a rifle, that is if you can actually find a fox willing to hang around to be shot. Hounds dont miss.

ok, lets put it like this. you're sentance to death, options are death by a pack of hounds or shot: whats your choice?

(btw, im not even particularly anti-hunt, just anti-daft-arguements-in-favour)

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
If I knew that the person with the gun could shoot me in the leg and then try again and get my shoulder thus causing me a great deal of suffering before finally getting a lethal shot in, I think I'd choose the instant death by the pack of hounds.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hang on!? [MENTION=1517]junior[/MENTION] 'proved' all this last time we had this debate. How come so many people who were on that thread are still arguing with him?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hang on!? [MENTION=1517]junior[/MENTION] 'proved' all this last time we had this debate. How come so many people who were on that thread are still arguing with him?

begs the question,if he were a fox,would we make good hounds?

hang on i was not on that thread:p

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If I knew that the person with the gun could shoot me in the leg and then try again and get my shoulder thus causing me a great deal of suffering before finally getting a lethal shot in, I think I'd choose the instant death by the pack of hounds.

yes, you're so right, im sure having a limb torn from you while another animal bites your head and another tears at your feet etc. for while until you pass out from pain (or not), is far preferable to a gun shot to your shoulder. not that this would be the case, for one that like blood sports you have a very poor opinion of marksman.

Igloowidgit

Aug 9, 2009
To hunt foxes there is no need for the pack of hounds, horses and all the historical crap that goes with it. The whole "hunt" experience is all about providing entertainment for those that consider it as such. It could equally be achieved by a couple of men with dogs, spades and hard hearts.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

The argument about the ban was never ever about the best way to control foxes. It was always about the FACT that MOST people find fox hunting distasteful and want it banned. The Countryside Alliance never understood that.

They lost the argument and won't accept the result.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The argument about the ban was never ever about the best way to control foxes. It was always about the FACT that MOST people find fox hunting distasteful and want it banned. The Countryside Alliance never understood that.

They lost the argument and won't accept the result.

Actually not true. There was never a majority in favour of banning fox hunting. In truth most people simply didn't care. However the urban based Labour party made it a cause célèbre (something Blair has since admitted he regrets). The irony is that fox hunting is now more popular than it has been for decades.

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Thank you for that delightful response which says far more about you than the issue at hand.

When the ban was being discussed in Parliament and eventually went through all the polls showed that the majority were opposed to a ban. However that is not the same as now where the question is ' should the ban be overturned' . Quite rightly, in MHO, the answer is no because it would be a complete waste of parliamentary time. As was the vast amount of time spent in banning it in the first place.

You might be quite shocked to know that the majority of people have far more important things in their lives to worry about and are neither pro or anti fox hunting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank you for that delightful response which says far more about you than the issue at hand.

When the ban was being discussed in Parliament and eventually went through all the polls showed that the majority were opposed to a ban. However that is not the same as now where the question is ' should the ban be overturned' . Quite rightly, in MHO, the answer is no because it would be a complete waste of parliamentary time. As was the vast amount of time spent in banning it in the first place.

You might be quite shocked to know that the majority of people have far more important things in their lives to worry about and are neither pro or anti fox hunting.

"77 per cent of rural dwellers and 84 per cent of urban people disapprove of fox hunting (1997 Gallup poll for the Daily Telegraph)."

1997 was just before it was discussed in parliament....was it not? As I said, utter shit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside I think The Countryside Alliance are the biggest bunch of toss pots the UK has ever produced.

Good night and god bless.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Hounds don't have the jaw strength to deal one lethal bite to a fox. It would be far from instant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here