Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Hunting wa@kers

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Hate bloody Fox hunting and stories about these toffee nosed, Archers listening, Countryfile watching barbarians flaunting the law makes me sick.

You are just proving my point even more here.

Most people that are anti hunting coudnt give a f*** about foxes. It is just a good opportunity to get involved in a class war. Proved by looking over this thread. The ammount of people who have felt the need to put things like "toffs just riding around on horses" is unreal.

Not to mention the fact that it is wrong!! I hunt at least once a week if not twice and i can tell you that the MAJORITY of people are just normal working class.

I would take the whole 'anti' argument a lot more seriously if people concentrated solely on animal welfare, but the majority of people just use it as an opportunity to have a go at people they wrongly percieve to be upper class!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
i would guess that most people who hunt, and in fact most who live in the countryside, do not watch shite like countryfile, which is a rose tinted townie oriented image of the countryside, and which never deals with real rural issues, just soundbyte bbc crap.

Don't really have an issue with fox hunting myself. I game shoot regularly, and know a large number of people involved in predator control and also culling (like it or not there are too many deer in this country!). Personally, i think shooting and snaring/trapping is more effective and deals with far more foxes than traditional hunts ever would, but as an event that brings together a cross section of country (and some town) folk i think something of rural britain has been lost by vilification of hunts.

Funnily enough, most hunt sabs these days are paid (funded by companies such as lush and linda mccartney). And are rarely in it for the protection of the animals. I know people who used to beat on commercial shoots, but now are involved in anti-hunt activities because it pays more!!

here bloody here!!!!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Most people that are anti hunting coudnt give a f*** about foxes. It is just a good opportunity to get involved in a class war. Proved by looking over this thread. The ammount of people who have felt the need to put things like "toffs just riding around on horses" is unreal.

Not to mention the fact that it is wrong!! I hunt at least once a week if not twice and i can tell you that the MAJORITY of people are just normal working class.

I would take the whole 'anti' argument a lot more seriously if people concentrated solely on animal welfare, but the majority of people just use it as an opportunity to have a go at people they wrongly percieve to be upper class!

100% THIS. It is a sad fact that teh hunts were faced with a bunch of left-wing/ tree hugging rabble raisers who played the class card, and the suckers fell for it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Fox hunting is disgusting not because of the social class of the hunters, but what the hunters do, which is try and kill an animal for sport. It's a sick activity regardless of who is doing it.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Fox hunting is disgusting not because of the social class of the hunters, but what the hunters do, which is try and kill an animal for sport. It's a sick activity regardless of who is doing it.

How do you feel about fishing? Much more of a sport than foxhunting. Correct me if i am wrong, but do people not BREED fish just so other peoplecan come along and catch them?

Hunting foxes is something that needs to be done in this country to control the numbers.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hunting foxes is something that needs to be done in this country to control the numbers.[/QUOTE]

Absolute hogwash .... why don't you hunt rabbits then there are loads more of them and they eat the crops

- - - Updated - - -

Hunting foxes is something that needs to be done in this country to control the numbers.[/QUOTE]

Absolute hogwash .... why don't you hunt rabbits then there are loads more of them and they eat the crops

- - - Updated - - -

Double post again why does it do that ??

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
What the f*** would you know about the subject, living in the toilet that is called Croydon? lol

Democracy has spoken, but it was not listened to by the little left wing pinko types who wanted to start a new class war to distract from their failing policies.

It is so very funny to see the usual suspects who were crusading for unholy marrages the other week, all back on their high horses. It is so easy to see why football is no longer allowed to be a mans' game, where contact was accepted.

Not that’s relevant but I live in Clapham Common.

I’m entitled to my opinion and having plenty of family who farm in Kent and are strongly against fox hunting using dogs, I am subject to plenty of opinion.

How do you make a connection between being in favour of same sex marriage (I’m in favour btw), football no longer being ‘a man’s game’ and fox hunting!?

Anyway I suggest you probably don’t even have opinion on the subject just using it as another platform to voice your usual narrow minded tripe.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Hunting foxes is something that needs to be done in this country to control the numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Double post again why does it do that ??[/QUOTE]

I know plenty of people who go out rabbiting, so people are doing something about it. Nobody complains.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Certain posters are vitriolic in their anti hunting stance due to very strong beliefs about their love of animals and their strong views on animal welfare. If this is genuine then, whichever view you hold about the necessity of fox hunting, I think this should be respected.

So may I ask those that posters who have expressed this view to make it clear to the pro hunting posters that your animal welfare concerns are indeed genuine and permeate other aspects of your life. Are you a Vegan? If not, do you buy free range eggs, organic chicken, beef from British farms which you know rear their animals on grass, or bacon, ham and pork from non intensive British farms (all foreign pigs are farmed to lower legal welfare standards)?

Camicus

Care to back that up with any evidence?

I already did but you ignore it on the grounds it dosnt agree with your view. My Grandfather was a farmer in Somerset my father is a farmer from the age of 14 I lived and worked on a farm my farther in law was a deer stalker my brother in law still stalks deer so dont even insult me with your a townie load of old bollocks. Fox hunting is crual and arcahic and was rightly banned if you want to control them lamp for them but dont dress it uop as anything but a blood sport

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Certain posters are vitriolic in their anti hunting stance due to very strong beliefs about their love of animals and their strong views on animal welfare. If this is genuine then, whichever view you hold about the necessity of fox hunting, I think this should be respected.

So may I ask those that posters who have expressed this view to make it clear to the pro hunting posters that your animal welfare concerns are indeed genuine and permeate other aspects of your life. Are you a Vegan? If not, do you buy free range eggs, organic chicken, beef from British farms which you know rear their animals on grass, or bacon, ham and pork from non intensive British farms (all foreign pigs are farmed to lower legal welfare standards)?

For the record I am a vegan but i do not think not being one precludes you from being opposed to fox hunting.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Not that’s relevant but I live in Clapham Common.

I’m entitled to my opinion and having plenty of family who farm in Kent and are strongly against fox hunting using dogs, I am subject to plenty of opinion.

How do you make a connection between being in favour of same sex marriage (I’m in favour btw), football no longer being ‘a man’s game’ and fox hunting!?

Anyway I suggest you probably don’t even have opinion on the subject just using it as another platform to voice your usual narrow minded tripe.

Sums up a bizarre aspect of the fox hunting 'debate'! Why has this particular subject attracted SO much attention over so many years with such incredibly polarised views? I could (perhaps) understand it if we were talking about the homeless, immigration, child poverty, or something else that is really central to our society. But foxes?

Do the posters on both sides of the fence actually need to get some perspective?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I already did but you ignore it on the grounds it dosnt agree with your view. My Grandfather was a farmer in Somerset my father is a farmer from the age of 14 I lived and worked on a farm my farther in law was a deer stalker my brother in law still stalks deer so dont even insult me with your a townie load of old bollocks. Fox hunting is crual and arcahic and was rightly banned if you want to control them lamp for them but dont dress it uop as anything but a blood sport

Agree camicus its just a blood thirsty sport. Just back from kenya and the Masia tribe now actually protect their wildlife ie- Lions who they once hunted

Camicus

Agree camicus its just a blood thirsty sport. Just back from kenya and the Masia tribe now actually protect their wildlife ie- Lions who they once hunted

Thats the thing. If Im lucky enough to see a fox I thnk oh look a fox thats nice where as some think f*** me theres a rabid killing machine out to ravage the neighbour hood better rip it to peices then smear its blood on my offspring for fun

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Rubbish, I come from a middle class background and I’m not some lefty hippy type I just think it’s barbaric and that many of the people involved are the usual narrow minded, old fashioned people who stuck in their old ways. For the record I’ve met people in favour of hunting with dogs and without fail they meet the general stereotype. I do have sympathy with the people who look after the horses, dogs and the other infrastructure as the one’s I have had contact with are normal working people whose livelihood are genuinely at risk.

Anyway, like me you’re entitled to you opinion and to live your life the way you choose I just hope if you are involved in these hunts you are doing so within the law.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You should be on tv, that was hilarious!

sorry mate there is no room for a bit of silliness or levity in this most vital of debates. for the record i think fox hunting is a pretty silly and cruel way to spend your time, but i am just staggered at the intensity of the debate. i agree that the way we treat animals does reflect on our society, but we treat a lot of animals far worse and in far greater numbers and no one says f*** all really, so it stops me taking it as seriously as the subject has been decreed to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here