Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Hunting wa@kers

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Maybe you'll think again in a few years' time when your neighbourhood is overrun with them and they kill your pets.

Here Here!!!

Daily Mail dystopia at its best.

I live next to a cemetery so foxes often come into the garden, to lie down and sleep in the sun. One went close to my cat once, my cat went all haunchy and the fox playfully ran away.
The horror.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Foxes will rarely take on cats
in all the years I have worked with cats only ever known one .....and the cat survived
they will however take roadkill of which there is no doubt some cats

its Badgers you need to be aware of
cats are naturally nosy and will venture down a set to look and I have seen a few that have met their demise in a Badger set.its not nice

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
All the usual crap banded about by the anti's coming out here I see.

Fox hunting is not illegal.

Fox numbers need to be controlled. There are many ways it can be done, but hunting with hounds has been proven to be the most humane way of doing it.

Remember the story about the child mauled in its bed in london last year? There has also just been another story about a baby having its finger bitten off by a fox. Not to mention all the damage they do within farming communities.

- - - Updated - - -

I did a good job last time of proving it is not bullshit.

This sort of comment really puts you in a dumb light. As others have stated, using that as an argument to hunt is moronic as hunts don't operate to control urban foxes (they don't actually operate to control rural foxes either, they are merely there for the sport).

I also think you have a poor memory as you did nothing to prove your point last time. Just posting a lot of comments doesn't prove anything.

If I knew that the person with the gun could shoot me in the leg and then try again and get my shoulder thus causing me a great deal of suffering before finally getting a lethal shot in, I think I'd choose the instant death by the pack of hounds.

I believe you need to look up the word 'instant' and maybe you would have a better idea of which you prefer. Either way, there is no guarantee that the first bite will kill you, in all likelihodd I suspect that it will be quite a few bites before you actually pass away!

Actually not true. There was never a majority in favour of banning fox hunting. In truth most people simply didn't care. However the urban based Labour party made it a cause célèbre (something Blair has since admitted he regrets). The irony is that fox hunting is now more popular than it has been for decades.

Think others have already rebuked this fatuous statement with reference to various polls.

Thank you for that delightful response which says far more about you than the issue at hand.

When the ban was being discussed in Parliament and eventually went through all the polls showed that the majority were opposed to a ban. However that is not the same as now where the question is ' should the ban be overturned' . Quite rightly, in MHO, the answer is no because it would be a complete waste of parliamentary time. As was the vast amount of time spent in banning it in the first place.

You might be quite shocked to know that the majority of people have far more important things in their lives to worry about and are neither pro or anti fox hunting.

Where is your evidence to support that? In the link below there is suggestion that 51% were not in favour of an outright ban but obviously did not want it to continue in it's current form (as it was at the time).

Most people oppose ban on hunting, poll finds - Telegraph

The problem with marksmen is they sometimes miss, but a marksman will shoot a healthy vixen leaving her cubs motherless or a healthy male fox. Hunted foxes are mostly the old, the sick and the weak. That's why they get caught.

Where is your evidence that all foxes hunted are as you describe? You are just stating things that support your stance without any evidence to back it up. Can you prove that hunts don't chase and kill vixens therefore leaving motherless cubs? I understand that the hunt season is from November to May and that fox cubs are born around March so there is an overlap of a couple of months.

The reason people still believe it is because it is FACT. You might be a bit emotional over a subject you are not that well educated in, but i deal in FACT.

I am an emotional person, i work with animals for a living and do a lot of work on the welfare side of things, but i understand the facts with foxhunting and have no moral problem with taking part in something which needs to be done.

You are a complete and utter tool. The only reason people take up fox hunting is the thrill of the chase and riding horses. Perhaps if you were honest to admit that you might have some semblence of credibility but you don't. You spout off crap about doing a social service in keeping numbers down etc but that is an argument you use to justify your enjoyment of a blood sport.

Whatever the truth of that statement, it was townies who found fox-hunting distasteful, whereas country people understand the nature of the countryside and the predators who live within it. But more than that, townies find the idea of people on horseback as distasteful, particularly when they imagine that everyone who rides a horse or owns a few acres must be a rich snob. It's the politics of envy and ignorance.

Once again you spout off your own generalisations with no evidence. It's comical. I live in a town but have never consider that horseowners are rich toffs or snobs. And that was before meeting my wife who has owned horses for 36 years. Most of the people that have horses at the yard where she keeps hers live in towns. Thats why they keep horses at a yard rather than in their back gardens!!!!

I take part for several reasons, one of which is that fox numbers need to be controlled and the hunts need to be supported.

You take part just because you enjoy the sport, nothing else. The culling argument is just used to justify yourself to everyone else but I suspect most people don't fall for it!

Maybe you'll think again in a few years' time when your neighbourhood is overrun with them and they kill your pets.
Exactly where are there hoardes of urban foxes roaming the streets. It's in your imagination or did you read it in the daily mail!!!!

A fence is no barrier to a fox. There's a fox which scales a six-foot fence at the bottom of my garden, and digs holes all over my newly-laid lawn. I'm not sure, but I believe it may have attacked my young cat which became very ill after being scratched recently, and ended up on a drip and nearly died. It may, of course, have been another cat, but my vet said that was unlikely.

Perhaps if you looked after your cat better, it wouldn't get attacked but I suspect you just let it out at night with total disregard to what it might get up to. Crapping in other peoples gardens, perhaps taking fish from ponds etc.

Point of fact, foxes DO kill indiscriminately. Talk to any farmer about it.

Think you totally misread the post about why they kill as they do. Or maybe you chose to ignore it!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
talking of chickens any one want some free?peeking bantam's and frizzels 3 cockrels and 9 hens (not for eating ) regular egg layers and have successfully hatched chicks , due to wifes deteriorating ill health she is finding it difficult to care for them .

its Badgers you need to be aware of
cats are naturally nosy and will venture down a set to look and I have seen a few that have met their demise in a Badger set.its not nice
Indeed. Dogs will come off worst in an encounter with a badger. Our Jack Russell terrier has a brother (called Buster) from the same litter who made the mistake of sticking his nose into a badger sett. He survived - but with horrendous face injuries. And it's not as if Buster is a stranger to nature in the raw. His owner works regularly with our local gamekeeper and Buster is a real "working dog".

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i have always held the belief that the foxhunting debate was generally Massive Tit v. Massive Tit

brings out the absolute worst in British society on both sides.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Not the case with my bloody chickens

Sorry to hear about your chickens. But foxes love them, (so do humans!) so I guess the coop will be fox-tight next time.

- - - Updated - - -

i have always held the belief that the foxhunting debate was generally Massive Tit v. Massive Tit

Er . . how does that work? Are you saying if you care you're a massive tit?

- - - Updated - - -

Er . . how does that work? Are you saying if you care you're a massive tit?

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
A fence is no barrier to a fox. There's a fox which scales a six-foot fence at the bottom of my garden, and digs holes all over my newly-laid lawn. I'm not sure, but I believe it may have attacked my young cat which became very ill after being scratched recently, and ended up on a drip and nearly died. It may, of course, have been another cat, but my vet said that was unlikely.

Cats regularly fight each other, and they fight by scratching. Foxes very rarely fight other animals, and normally fight by biting. Seems more likely it was another cat?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Cats regularly fight each other, and they fight by scratching. Foxes very rarely fight other animals, and normally fight by biting. Seems more likely it was another cat?

Quite, canines very rarely fight with claws and frankly of Hovagirls vet cannot tell the difference between the razer sharp slash mark of a cat's claw and the dull rip of a fox's claw I don't bank on her cat being around too long anyway.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Hi All

I am sure this will divide opinion, but I was left very angry with these criminals. I came across a hunt today and just to made the odds just a little more stacked they carried a fox around in a container to be released in front of the hounds. The fox will be disorientated and have no bolt hole to get to, so pretty much nailed on fox mince meat. Blows their argument that they are controlling foxes out of the water as they are bring in the own foxes to slaughter... nice bunch of tossers

The police were great too -staring blankly at me when I pointed out that they were witnessing a crime. They were more focused on the hunt sabs.

I blame Labour for not being stronger when they had the chance

Just as it should be! These vermin are no better than the foxes!

Don't hunt myself - but the wife loves to go along.

Stupid law drafted by idiots who think they are in a class war. This is the 21st Century, all sorts of people have horses, and enjoy the thrill of going to a hunt.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Quite, canines very rarely fight with claws and frankly of Hovagirls vet cannot tell the difference between the razer sharp slash mark of a cat's claw and the dull rip of a fox's claw I don't bank on her cat being around too long anyway.

The strange thing was, the vet couldn't find an injury anywhere. And my cat's short life-history is a tale of survival in intself.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The strange thing was, the vet couldn't find an injury anywhere. And my cat's short life-history is a tale of survival in intself.

well I hope he/she is Ok now
I have had many stand-up rows with some of the most useless vets you could find over our cats and those I have taken that were strays (this is one of the reasons that Ron(lostcatsbrighton) and I get on so well he thinks like I do older vets are the best they (mostly) do not PTS without good reason).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I was wondering how the fox that nibbled the baby's finger managed to get into a child's bedroom. I can only imagine it rang the front doorbell dressed in a tweed jacket and charmed his cunning way in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was wondering how the fox that nibbled the baby's finger managed to get into a child's bedroom. I can only imagine it rang the front doorbell dressed in a tweed jacket and charmed his cunning way in.
They are very cunning. There's a good chance they'll take over the world if we don't dress up like ****s and chase them.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Hate bloody Fox hunting and stories about these toffee nosed, Archers listening, Countryfile watching barbarians flaunting the law makes me sick.

Foxes have quite rightly become a symbol of British wildlife and the majority of Britain’s population are strongly against the archaic act of hunting, like it or not bumpkins, democracy has spoken deal with it and abide by the laws.

Also their numbers don’t need controlling, it’s myth. Our urban areas need to be cleaner and our animal stock better protected, foxes are opportunists if our cities weren’t so dirty and bins only collected every fortnight foxes numbers would plummet.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Hate bloody Fox hunting and stories about these toffee nosed, Archers listening, Countryfile watching barbarians flaunting the law makes me sick.

Foxes have quite rightly become a symbol of British wildlife and the majority of Britain’s population are strongly against the archaic act of hunt, like it or not bumpkins, democracy has spoken deal with it and abide by the laws.

Also their numbers don’t need controlling, it’s myth. Our urban areas need to be cleaner and our animal stock better protected, foxes are opportunists if our cities weren’t so dirty and bins only collected every fortnight foxes numbers would plummet.

I would guess that most people who hunt, and in fact most who live in the countryside, do not watch shite like Countryfile, which is a rose tinted Townie oriented image of the countryside, and which never deals with real rural issues, just soundbyte BBC crap.

Don't really have an issue with Fox hunting myself. I Game shoot regularly, and know a large number of people involved in predator control and also culling (like it or not there are too many deer in this country!). Personally, I think shooting and snaring/trapping is more effective and deals with far more foxes than traditional hunts ever would, but as an event that brings together a cross section of country (and some town) folk I think something of rural Britain has been lost by vilification of hunts.

Funnily enough, most Hunt Sabs these days are paid (funded by companies such as Lush and Linda McCartney). and are rarely in it for the protection of the animals. I know people who used to beat on commercial shoots, but now are involved in anti-hunt activities because it pays more!!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Foxes have quite rightly become a symbol of British wildlife and the majority of Britain’s population are strongly against the archaic act of hunting, like it or not bumpkins, democracy has spoken deal with it and abide by the laws.

What the f*** would you know about the subject, living in the toilet that is called Croydon? lol

Democracy has spoken, but it was not listened to by the little left wing pinko types who wanted to start a new class war to distract from their failing policies.

It is so very funny to see the usual suspects who were crusading for unholy marrages the other week, all back on their high horses. It is so easy to see why football is no longer allowed to be a mans' game, where contact was accepted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here