Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Hunting wa@kers

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I do have sympathy with the people who look after the horses, dogs and the other infrastructure as the one’s I have had contact with are normal working people whose livelihood are genuinely at risk.

Anyway, like me you’re entitled to you opinion and to live your life the way you choose I just hope if you are involved in these hunts you are doing so within the law.

All hunts hunt within the law as far as i am aware.

We hunt with hounds and then use an Eagle for the kill.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
for the record i think fox hunting is a pretty silly and cruel way to spend your time, but i am just staggered at the intensity of the debate. i agree that the way we treat animals does reflect on our society, but we treat a lot of animals far worse and in far greater numbers and no one says f*** all really, so it stops me taking it as seriously as the subject has been decreed to be.

What is cruel about it in your opinion?

Fox hunting is not cruel.

I do a lot of voluntary animal welfare work in my spare time.

If i thought foxhunting was cruel i would not take part.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
sorry mate there is no room for a bit of silliness or levity in this most vital of debates. for the record i think fox hunting is a pretty silly and cruel way to spend your time, but i am just staggered at the intensity of the debate. i agree that the way we treat animals does reflect on our society, but we treat a lot of animals far worse and in far greater numbers and no one says f*** all really, so it stops me taking it as seriously as the subject has been decreed to be.

That is a fair point well made.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

My god I really have heard it all now
you really are one mixed up person

Camicus

So chasing a wild animal across hill and dale until its cornerd exhausted and terrified and then setting an Eagle on it isnt cruel? I think your idea of cruel and a normal persons might differ somewhat

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
In what way?

So chasing a wild animal across hill and dale until its cornerd exhausted and terrified and then seting an Eagle on it isnt cruel? I think your idwea of cruel and a normal persons might differ somewhat

Camicus answers this perfectly

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Sums up a bizarre aspect of the fox hunting 'debate'! Why has this particular subject attracted SO much attention over so many years with such incredibly polarised views? I could (perhaps) understand it if we were talking about the homeless, immigration, child poverty, or something else that is really central to our society. But foxes?

Do the posters on both sides of the fence actually need to get some perspective?

It’s not surprising really though is it? People feel very angry about the subject because despite the vast majority being very strongly against hunting with dogs for decades nothing was done about it and now it has people are flouting the laws with very little fear of prosecution.

IMO It’s created such ‘polarity’ due to the majority (those against) feeling ignored because of the conservatives fear of losing votes due to the predominately right wing hunting community.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

like the other poster said just go lamping for them if you need to get rid of them. if you want a day out tearing around on horseback all dressed up just say so. its the 'control' argument i struggle with. oh come off it. i think a lot of hunt sabs are daft hysterical wallies though, for balance.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Absolute hogwash .... why don't you hunt rabbits then there are loads more of them and they eat the crops

- - - Updated - - -

Hunting foxes is something that needs to be done in this country to control the numbers.

Absolute hogwash .... why don't you hunt rabbits then there are loads more of them and they eat the crops

- - - Updated - - -

Double post again why does it do that ??[/QUOTE]

I know plenty of people who go out rabbiting, so people are doing something about it. Nobody complains.[/QUOTE]

Rabbits are not indigenous to the British isles and un managed will breed out of control, you cannot make a comparison with fox control.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
All hunts hunt within the law as far as i am aware.

We hunt with hounds and then use an Eagle for the kill.

You’re flouting the rules, looking for loopholes take it how you like. How many foxes have you seen ‘accidently’ ripped to pieces by the hounds for instance?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
If the cat was ill after being scratched then why couldn't the vet find the scratch?

Because it didn't have to be a scratch, just a jab. Since he was ill, I've noticed the cat's nose now has a new bump in it. The vet concentrated on his body. Perhaps a tiny punctuation mark was on his nose which we didn't see.

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering how the fox that nibbled the baby's finger managed to get into a child's bedroom. I can only imagine it rang the front doorbell dressed in a tweed jacket and charmed his cunning way in.

It didn't nibble the baby's finger. It bit the finger off and the mother found the fox dragging the baby across the floor to take it out of the open back door. The baby wasn't in bed, but was lying on the sofa.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
It’s not surprising really though is it? People feel very angry about the subject because despite the vast majority being very strongly against hunting with dogs for decades nothing was done about it and now it has people are flouting the laws with very little fear of prosecution.

IMO It’s created such ‘polarity’ due to the majority (those against) feeling ignored because of the conservatives fear of losing votes due to the predominately right wing hunting community.

My point made. In two paragraphs you go from fox hunting to democracy being ignored, the law being ignored, and the debate being about right wing politics!

Perspective definitely needed!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Hate bloody Fox hunting and stories about these toffee nosed, Archers listening, Countryfile watching barbarians flaunting the law makes me sick.

Not all hunters are toffee-nosed or listen to The Archers. Many are farmers and their staff and friends. By definition, farmers are not barbarians, unless you count breeding, selling and killing livestock for human food is barbaric? (Which it is, but humans have to eat, too.)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have never had a problem with those who kill(cull)deer rabbits ect

but as far as I know you would not eat a fox

or would you?????

Camicus

Not all hunters are toffee-nosed or listen to The Archers. Many are farmers and their staff and friends. By definition, farmers are not barbarians, unless you count breeding, selling and killing livestock for human food is barbaric? (Which it is, but humans have to eat, too.)

I know a lot of farmers and not one of them rides to hounds. Oh and fox is inedable as it tastes like shite cat on the other hand......

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I already did but you ignore it on the grounds it dosnt agree with your view. My Grandfather was a farmer in Somerset my father is a farmer from the age of 14 I lived and worked on a farm my farther in law was a deer stalker my brother in law still stalks deer so dont even insult me with your a townie load of old bollocks. Fox hunting is crual and arcahic and was rightly banned if you want to control them lamp for them but dont dress it uop as anything but a blood sport

Is lamping not as much of a sport? What if you miss, in the dark? What if you only maim? Frankly, I see no difference between lamping and foxhunting.

- - - Updated - - -

Sums up a bizarre aspect of the fox hunting 'debate'! Why has this particular subject attracted SO much attention over so many years with such incredibly polarised views? I could (perhaps) understand it if we were talking about the homeless, immigration, child poverty, or something else that is really central to our society. But foxes?

Do the posters on both sides of the fence actually need to get some perspective?

It's a town versus country argument, where one side doesn't recognise the ideas of the other. It also has a lot to do with the one-sided nature of education and the hatred of anything traditional.

Camicus

Is lamping not as much of a sport? What if you miss, in the dark? What if you only maim? Frankly, I see no difference between lamping and foxhunting.

If you cant be sure of the shot you dont take it as any decent stalker will tell you. Lamping is done with bright light so its not in the dark and if you cant see the differance between the two there really is no hope

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
If you cant be sure of the shot you dont take it as any decent stalker will tell you. Lamping is done with bright light so its not in the dark and if you cant see the differance between the two there really is no hope

Being a nocturnal animal, don't you think a fox is terrified of the bright light? And of the "stalkers"? Isn't that cruel?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
My point made. In two paragraphs you go from fox hunting to democracy being ignored, the law being ignored, and the debate being about right wing politics!

Perspective definitely needed!

My viewpoint is purely based upon my opinion that it is cruel and barbaric and my belief that despite the pastime being done for centuries is no excuse for keeping the tradition alive.

My comments on democracy being ignored, laws being flouted and right wing politics is my opinion on why I believe so many people feel so strongly about it.

I do take your point though, I just don’t feel it applies to my viewpoint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here