Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Hunting wa@kers

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Because it didn't have to be a scratch, just a jab. Since he was ill, I've noticed the cat's nose now has a new bump in it. The vet concentrated on his body. Perhaps a tiny punctuation mark was on his nose which we didn't see.

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't nibble the baby's finger. It bit the finger off and the mother found the fox dragging the baby across the floor to take it out of the open back door. The baby wasn't in bed, but was lying on the sofa.

Well I would imagine the mother has learnt a valuable lesson about leaving babies unattended then.

Camicus

Being a nocturnal animal, don't you think a fox is terrified of the bright light? And of the "stalkers"? Isn't that cruel?

Really? You really want to go there? Are you actualy being serious or do I have to spell out the differances for you again? Im not sure if you are being obtuse or just fishing

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Well I would imagine the mother has learnt a valuable lesson about leaving babies unattended then.

Possibly. But as a mother of two, it would not be unusual to leave a sleeping baby unattended in a house while the mother goes to the loo, cleans the bathroom or does whatever else in the house. If a month-old baby falls asleep on a sofa, that, in itself is not dangerous, because the baby cannot roll over at that stage. If you say she should have shut her back door, then why? I always left and leave my back door open for air for the past 40 years. Why should I not change that just because there are more foxes around than there used to be?

- - - Updated - - -

Really? You really want to go there? Are you actualy being serious or do I have to spell out the differances for you again? Im not sure if you are being obtuse or just fishing

I don't fish, except in water, occasionally. I have been lamping, for rabbits, not foxes though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

She is a spoof. She has to be. If Viz had an ironic 'Daily Mail Woman' character then it would be HovaGirl. I feel a bit silly for having been sucked in but I am now rolling with this character she has invented.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Possibly. But as a mother of two, it would not be unusual to leave a sleeping baby unattended in a house while the mother goes to the loo, cleans the bathroom or does whatever else in the house. If a month-old baby falls asleep on a sofa, that, in itself is not dangerous, because the baby cannot roll over at that stage. If you say she should have shut her back door, then why? I always left and leave my back door open for air for the past 40 years. Why should I not change that just because there are more foxes around than there used to be?

A few reasons spring to mind but one of the main ones would be so that a fox doesn't come in and eat her baby's fingers. I guess that will be higher up on her list of reasons to keep the back door shut from now on?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

You have a forty year-old baby?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

A few reasons spring to mind but one of the main ones would be so that a fox doesn't come in and eat her baby's fingers. I guess that will be higher up on her list of reasons to keep the back door shut from now on?

Indeed, but even 10 years ago, that didn't have to be anyone's consideration, to shut your doors because a fox could get in. Not something you ever thought about. But now you have to, because the fox has become so important.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
You have a forty year-old baby?

I have sons in their 30s and potential grandchildren coming round. This means I won't be able to let their babies sleep in the pram in the garden, like mothers and grandmothers have for generations, because a fox could take a fancy to them. Or, as toddlers, they won't be able to run in and out of the garden because the doors will have to be shut in case a fox gets them. It's a very new thought and one that the older generation will have to adjust to, sadly, because babies and children need fresh air.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have sons in their 30s and potential grandchildren coming round. This means I won't be able to let their babies sleep in the pram in the garden, like mothers and grandmothers have for generations, because a fox could take a fancy to them. Or, as toddlers, they won't be able to run in and out of the garden because the doors will have to be shut in case a fox gets them. It's a very new thought and one that the older generation will have to adjust to, sadly, because babies and children need fresh air.

For goodness sakes woman, get a grip.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Indeed, but even 10 years ago, that didn't have to be anyone's consideration, to shut your doors because a fox could get in. Not something you ever thought about. But now you have to, because the fox has become so important.

I would have though the prime reason for keeping the door closed at this time of year is because its bloody cold

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Or alternatively stop getting into a funkle about a problem that simply doesn't exist.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Couldn't give a stuff about foxes, but I wish the hunt supporters would be honest about the nature of the activity.

Most humane method ? Possibly but one that involves the breeding of a specific dog which invariably has to take a bullet long before it's natural death. They can't usually be re homed since they are pack animals bred to kill.

It's a sport nothing more, nothing less than involves the killing of thousands of animals. Very few of which are foxes.

Doesn't keep me awake at night, but the dishonesty riles me somewhat.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I know plenty of people who go out rabbiting, so people are doing something about it. Nobody complains.

You go foxhunting twice a week, your friends hunt animals and go out rabbiting.

What sort of community do you live in?

Is your Mum your sister as well?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
your habit of talking utter nonsense?

Well, ne'er the twain will meet. As I get older, I find modern attitudes to be full of nonsense and ignorance, but I'll just have to lump it. The world is changing much more rapidly now than it has done during the past 60 years. It's probably too fast for those of us who have been around a while, learnt to appreciate the practical reasons behind most traditions and done our bit to try to keep them going. But modern thinking seems to be that it's all old hat. Indeed, there seems to be a dearth of actual thinking in the modern world, just a generation of people spouting stuff without really knowing why. But I guess it works both ways.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Not that’s relevant but I live in Clapham Common.

I’m entitled to my opinion and having plenty of family who farm in Kent and are strongly against fox hunting using dogs, I am subject to plenty of opinion.

How do you make a connection between being in favour of same sex marriage (I’m in favour btw), football no longer being ‘a man’s game’ and fox hunting!?

Anyway I suggest you probably don’t even have opinion on the subject just using it as another platform to voice your usual narrow minded tripe.

The connection is with the ban on fox hunting, not fox hunting in itself. The connection is the fact that the whole country in infested with left-wing PC pinkos, or at least they are the ones with the biggest gobs at the moment, whilst most normal people simply laugh at them.

I certainly do have an opinion on fox hunting. My wife rides with the local hunt whenever she can, and I enjoy goint to their summer balls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here