Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Hunting wa@kers

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I am a landowner, I have land in cornwall and next to my land is a farm. A hunt wanted to run through mine and his land. I had a long chat with the farmer and he urged against it and I agreed. We were offered quite a bit of money from them to use the land but refused. After they dropped the subject the farmer told me they ruin land, scare his beasts and once they are using your land treat you like shit. "Aside all that they are a bunch of arseholes". That is how a lot of landowners feel about hunts, including me. You lot don't know everything there is to know about the countryside, if you did you wouldn't hunt.

I didn't read the whole thread before my last comment so to add a bit of balance I'd say this is as good a reason as any to not like fox hunting, the hunts do sound like a right bunch of arseholes.

I wish people would just be honest rather than pretend to give a shit about a furry little fox - if you don't like it because they are wankers then fine, just say it :thumbsup:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
What this statement confirms is that the argument hasn't progressed much beyond simplistic stereotyping of "townies" and "country people". Having lived in the countryside for the best part of forty years, I can report that opinions out here are divided. Working in a city, I can report that opinions are equally divided there.

Personally, I enjoy the sight of a fox, both in the open fields behind my house and in my urban workplace. I've kept hens and lost them to foxes occasionally - mainly because I've neglected to fence them in adequately. My neighbours are sheep farmers. But I've never enjoyed the sight of the hunt in full chase. I tend, however, to the "each to their own" point of view. Riding horses is OK by me. As is keeping them.

But didn't this thread start with a story of a hunt releasing a fox from a box just to achieve a kill? That's just wrong on so many levels.

Fair comments, from both sides of the fence. But you can't fence in ducks, for example. My brother lost his six ducks to a fox. I very much agree with your "each to their own" point of view. I rather think that if Labour hadn't made such an issue of banning foxhunting, many people would have remained blissfully unaware of it, except whenever the saboteur Puritans made their point in the newspapers. My cousin says foxes (at their hunt) were rarely torn to shreds by the dogs, but were shot by the master of the hunt. She says she once saw a saboteur video of a fox being torn to shreds, but she says she knows that that particular video was set up by the saboteurs themselves. It's like many issues: there are points for and against.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Unbelievable how much bullying there is on here, have the wrong opinion and the old boys slate every comment you make .

It's the price we pay for having fairly relaxed attitude from Bozza and the mods, a good trade. At the risk of incurring the wrath of the do-gooders if you really believe it's "bullying" (it's not by the way) you can always leave the board.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've just reported your post coz you just don't care about my chickens

I do,they were getting drab,needed a cull..........do yourself a favor and get these,you and the missus will love them 200px-Laced_Polish_chicken.jpg

Polska chicken

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Well you have to ask the question,especially that way if you come from Brighton.

So you are suggesting that some vegetarians, especially ones from Brighton, are only vegetarians because it was forced on them by their parents and they are so weak willed that they have remained so being completely unable to make any life choices themselves.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I didn't read the whole thread before my last comment so to add a bit of balance I'd say this is as good a reason as any to not like fox hunting, the hunts do sound like a right bunch of arseholes.

I wish people would just be honest rather than pretend to give a shit about a furry little fox - if you don't like it because they are wankers then fine, just say it :thumbsup:

I don't like anyone needlesly killing any animal. And I think people who do such things are arseholes, ergo, I think Foxhunters are arseholes.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Exactly, so come clean what other killing activities would you care to ban, hobby fishing ???

No. How about you and deer hunting?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So you are suggesting that some vegetarians, especially ones from Brighton, are only vegetarians because it was forced on them by their parents and they are so weak willed that they have remained so being completely unable to make any life choices themselves.

That's not far off what i am getting at

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
In my experience, I'd say its a very very small minority of the hunt that actually joins to kill foxes, most just want to ride along for the fun of jumping hedges and going hell for leather through the fields. It's also a very social thing.
I have also heard many hunts are significantly cutting the number of hounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here