Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Hunting wa@kers

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cor blimey hope I don't get reported now for having banter ... Oh shit cant say banter either I'm off to sunbathe in the backgarden now got me oil ready & speedos on bloody lovely out there just a shame I can't sit and look at my chickens shame they got their heads ripped off by a fox

That was my cats-well i did say get me some good chickens,posh end ones...for sunday roast

Whatever the truth of that statement, it was townies who found fox-hunting distasteful, whereas country people understand the nature of the countryside and the predators who live within it. But more than that, townies find the idea of people on horseback as distasteful, particularly when they imagine that everyone who rides a horse or owns a few acres must be a rich snob. It's the politics of envy and ignorance.
What this statement confirms is that the argument hasn't progressed much beyond simplistic stereotyping of "townies" and "country people". Having lived in the countryside for the best part of forty years, I can report that opinions out here are divided. Working in a city, I can report that opinions are equally divided there.

Personally, I enjoy the sight of a fox, both in the open fields behind my house and in my urban workplace. I've kept hens and lost them to foxes occasionally - mainly because I've neglected to fence them in adequately. My neighbours are sheep farmers. But I've never enjoyed the sight of the hunt in full chase. I tend, however, to the "each to their own" point of view. Riding horses is OK by me. As is keeping them.

But didn't this thread start with a story of a hunt releasing a fox from a box just to achieve a kill? That's just wrong on so many levels.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I just dont trust you guy's that want to ban things, unfortunately you cannot help yourselves, you very rarely stop at wanting to impose your views on other's.

You know you could't stop at just fox hunting you would find other things to ban, you tend to think you have the moral high ground on what we should find appropriate or not.

I just find it an unattractive trait in people.

Genuinely on the floor laughing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Cor blimey hope I don't get reported now for having banter ... Oh shit cant say banter either I'm off to sunbathe in the backgarden now got me oil ready & speedos on ,bloody lovely out there just a shame I can't sit and look at my chickens shame they got their heads ripped off by a fox

your comment was at least linked to what we are talking about not just mindless abuse, so you won't get a report from me.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I just dont trust you guy's that want to ban things, unfortunately you cannot help yourselves, you very rarely stop at wanting to impose your views on other's.

You know you could't stop at just fox hunting you would find other things to ban, you tend to think you have the moral high ground on what we should find appropriate or not.

I just find it an unattractive trait in people.

I just dont trust you guy's that want to kill things, unfortunately you cannot help yourselves, you very rarely stop at wanting to impose your views on other's.

You know you could't stop at just fox hunting you would find other things to kill, you tend to think you have the moral high ground on what we should find appropriate or not.

I just find killing an unattractive trait in people

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's a sad day when a Brighton supporter reports another Brighton supporter to a mod for being rude to a Palace fan on a Brighton board. Shame on you.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like animals as much as the next man, but it completely bewilders me how people can get so angry about fox hunting. Foxes are everywhere, in terms of how well a species is able to survive they are doing pretty f***ing well.

All these hunt sab wankers would do much better spending their time and effort trying to help some endangered species or tackling homelessness and child poverty, but that wouldn't allow them to piss off some toffs at the same time.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
your comment was at least linked to what we are talking about not just mindless abuse, so you won't get a report from me.

You're an imbecile who can't see the wood for the amount of hounds riding in front of the trees. (does that count?)

:)

- - - Updated - - -

It's a sad day when a Brighton supporter reports another Brighton supporter to a mod for being rude to a Palace fan on a Brighton board. Shame on you.

Pathetic I'd call it Dribble.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

How about reporting a moron for being rude to people trying to have a conversation? Is that okay?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Please stop using the words "Tory & Toff" i am a Tory and i know Plenty of Labour Toff's ***thanks***

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Cor blimey hope I don't get reported now for having banter ... Oh shit cant say banter either I'm off to sunbathe in the backgarden now got me oil ready & speedos on ,bloody lovely out there just a shame I can't sit and look at my chickens shame they got their heads ripped off by a fox

Should have protected them against nature. Not the fox's fault, yours.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I just dont trust you guy's that want to kill things, unfortunately you cannot help yourselves, you very rarely stop at wanting to impose your views on other's.

You know you could't stop at just fox hunting you would find other things to kill, you tend to think you have the moral high ground on what we should find appropriate or not.

I just find killing an unattractive trait in people

Exactly, so come clean what other killing activities would you care to ban, hobby fishing ???

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
You're an imbecile who can't see the wood for the amount of hounds riding in front of the trees. (does that count?)

:)

- - - Updated - - -

Pathetic I'd call it Dribble.

Unbelievable how much bullying there is on here, have the wrong opinion and the old boys slate every comment you make .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just thought it seemed a strange post. You asked him his reason for being vegetarian. The last thing I would have thought was it was from birth yet you put it first.

That's all.

Well you have to ask the question,especially that way if you come from Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here